test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Help

demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hi everyone was wonder if yous could look at my build and see if i have set this up right. I still feel as though (by looking at a few other builds) iv just hammered on all the elite fleet gear without any thought. Iv noticed quite a few variations on the builds. Is it wise to replace the emmitter array with the zero point energy conduit, as i see a lot of builds have this. Thanks for any help given.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=myfleethec_4668
Post edited by demonpotter99 on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=redofhec_0
    3 damage control doffs, 3 whatever you want
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dahminus wrote: »

Thats great thank you for time and help. By doffs you mean like projectile weapons and one with cannon special attacks....
    edited February 2014
    No. 3 damage control doffs that have a chance at reducing the cool down of emergency power to X.

And 3 of your choice, meaning any 3 that you see fit. Shield distribution ones for brace for impact would be a decent choice

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014

My only comment:

Wouldn't it be better to have two copies of TT1? He can't cycle it with how this setup is.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited February 2014
    My only comment:

Wouldn't it be better to have two copies of TT1? He can't cycle it with how this setup is.

Well he wanted a torpedo, thus he has the double ts.

TT is used mainly for the cycling of shields. He can pop it when hour needs it. Also, he could get some conn officers to reduce the cd.

I would rather for go the torp myself, but I can cater to those that prefer a certain "personality" to their ship

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i normaly go for a scatter volley 1 and scatter volley 2 (APbeta3 and APbeta1) setup with a tac captain, to make better use of tactical initiative. That way during tactical initiative is active i can cycle through 2 higher powers, instead of getting "stuck" with scatter volley 1. With any other captain this is irrelevant.
    Also i'd prefer EPtS1 or 2 instead of engines, but that is because i like parking (or go with 1/4 impulse) my ship in fireing position in STFs and EPtE becomes irrelevant.

using only 1 TT, and supporting it with a rare and very rare conn doff is better than 2 TT, because of the attack pattern buff they have.

The dyson reputation console and torp (3% crit setbonus) would fit this build very well too. Certainly room for it.
    Go pro or go home
    edited February 2014
    Well he wanted a torpedo, thus he has the double ts.

TT is used mainly for the cycling of shields. He can pop it when hour needs it. Also, he could get some conn officers to reduce the cd.

I would rather for go the torp myself, but I can cater to those that prefer a certain "personality" to their ship

I'm looking at it from the view that the majority of his damage will come from his cannons, and the torp is there for RP sake and because he does have that extra ens tac. But your point is valid.

However, in ESTFs, if you're holding aggro, it is kinda necessary to cycle TT, or you'll get boned, even with the boosted defense he'll be getting from constant movement. But also, if he's constantly moving, wouldn't he be losing a lot of damage from his DHCs due to firing arcs?

Sorry, lots of questions lol...
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited February 2014
    I'm looking at it from the view that the majority of his damage will come from his cannons, and the torp is there for RP sake and because he does have that extra ens tac. But your point is valid.

However, in ESTFs, if you're holding aggro, it is kinda necessary to cycle TT, or you'll get boned, even with the boosted defense he'll be getting from constant movement. But also, if he's constantly moving, wouldn't he be losing a lot of damage from his DHCs due to firing arcs?

Sorry, lots of questions lol...

Most of his damage is coming from cannons. I'd rather he ditch it myself...but that's his choice

With the loss of a dhc, his damage output will be lower, therefore his threat level will be lower. If tt is on cd, he can always distribute shields

Turreting or yo-yoing is the only real way for cannons to be viable, so ya his defense will be low. But he still has other heals to stay alive

edited February 2014
    Most of his damage is coming from cannons. I'd rather he ditch it myself...but that's his choice

With the loss of a dhc, his damage output will be lower, therefore his threat level will be lower. If tt is on cd, he can always distribute shields

Turreting or yo-yoing is the only real way for cannons to be viable, so ya his defense will be low. But he still has other heals to stay alive

That's the weakness with the older fedscorts and KDF raptors. That 3rd ens tactical. It almost forces you to use a torp. The FTAER, FHEC, FQHR and FAER would be devastating ships with great survivability... except that they are stuck with that 3rd ens tac. A waste if you ask me.

Probably why he slotted a torp in the first place.
    edited February 2014
    Thanks guys for the advice. Ill cycle through the different options. In stf's i tend to stay head on with just a little movement when getting battered thus i thought the DHC's for as much damage as possible and the torp with spire console for damage to. I got a very rare doff with cd on TT and put it on, so do i only need one copy of TT1 now
    edited February 2014
    I got a very rare doff with cd on TT and put it on, so do i only need one copy of TT1 now

Quick FYI, purple Conn Officers only reduce the CD by 8 seconds. You'd need two purples or a purple and a blue in order to cycle just one copy with maximum possible uptime on tac team.
    edited February 2014
    Made a few changes like you guys suggested, changed boff skills to have APIII and put very rare doffs on and put on Locators instead of Exploiters and added the Plasmonic leech console. Is it wise to put on the Zero Point Energy console in place of one of the Field Generators or keep as is. Thanks again for the help.

edited February 2014
    I would highly recommend swapping your boffs skills to the one i provided

edited February 2014
    Made a few changes like you guys suggested, changed boff skills to have APIII and put very rare doffs on and put on Locators instead of Exploiters and added the Plasmonic leech console. Is it wise to put on the Zero Point Energy console in place of one of the Field Generators or keep as is. Thanks again for the help.

Looks slightly better, but you should replace that ET2 with either a RSP1 or Aux2SIF1. Also that THY2 is alright, bit I would recommend you swap out for either a TS2 or CRF1. And you really want another APB.

So it would kinda come down to your BOff layout looking like this:

Cmdr Tactical: TT1, CSV1, APB2, APB3
    Lt Tactical: TT1, CRF1
    Ens Tactical: TS1
    LtCmdr Engineering: EPtS1, RSP1/Aux2SIF1, EPtS3
    Lt Science: HE1, TSS2

And in answer to your other question, yes, it would be better to use the Zero Point over a Field Gen.
    I would highly recommend swapping your boffs skills to the one i provided

^ Or you can do this. He's probably right.