test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come Celebrate 4 Great Years of STO with Subspace Radio

tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello everyone! I first want to start off saying how happy I still am about being a part of this community. I have gotten to make so many friends that I have grown close bonds with if it wasn't for this game and community. It has been quite a ride for us - that?s why I am excited to announce this to everyone here.

We are hitting the 4th year anniversary of not only Star Trek Online, but here at Subspace Radio. Being around since beta we have gotten to share so many memories with the community and it has been a blast and I can only look forward to what this year brings us and seeing what new content PWE and Cryptic will be bringing us as well.

We here at Subspace Radio are wanting to do something special to not only celebrate the anniversaries of SSR and STO, but also celebrate the recent promote of our Community Manager, Branflakes.

For those of you who don't know, Branflakes announced that he had gotten promoted from STO Community Manager to the PWE Community Team Lead (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1005681), and while we are sad to see him go since he has done so much and he has always been so supportive of the STO community , we are also excited and happy for him to be given this opportunity to not only lead STO?s community team, but all of PWE's community teams and is much deserved for everything he has done.

So with that, what we are doing here at SSR - we are going to be holding a party to celebrate!

From Sunday 0000 until 0400 GMT we will be partying and running events for chances to win costume packs and Legacy of Romulus Starter Packs! (That's Feb 8th at 4pm - 8pm PST in US time zones)

Event Schedule:
0000 GMT - Event 1 - Costume Contest! :: Bring out your best costume replica of a character from any ST series. Participants will be judged by a panel from DJ's and staff members and the top picks will be awarded prizes

0200 GMT - Event 2 - Hide and Seek! :: Show off your scouting skills by locating and gathering items from DJ?s hiding around space and stations. Clues will be given over the air as to where the DJ's are hiding. Prizes will be given to those who bring back the full set of items that are traded when finding the DJ's.

There will also be other side events where we will be giving out more prizes including a "Name the Song" and more. So come on over and join us, show off your best costumes and scouting skills and just to overall have a good time, celebrating not only Branflakes' promotion but also 4 great years of a game and community that we all have grown to love!

--- Details:
Date: Sunday Feburary 9th 0000 - 0400 GMT (Saturday Feburary 8th 4pm - 8pm PST)
Location: Defara Ruins (For thoes who don't know how to get there, this is the area that you go to in the mission "Cold Case" - you warp on Defara and run all the way right until you see a square platform)

Where: Subspace Radio - http://subspace-radio.net

From everyone here at Subspace Radio, thank you for making this a great community for us to spend time together and have fun.

I hope to see you all there!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
Post edited by tribblequeen on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Rad, I'll try to be there!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *Cheers madlly, and bounces rapidly on her belled orion toes*

(3 Away teams of star fleet security faint dead away)
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Updated original post to include ingame location :) I can't wait! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rngdsmacarngdsmaca Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This guy will be there dropping it like its hawt! :eek:

subspace-radio.net
    DJ Smaca
    Sundays 00:00 GMT
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweet, Clarification, for the costume contest do we also have to look like the character, or just the costume?
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
    edited February 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »
    Sweet, Clarification, for the costume contest do we also have to look like the character, or just the costume?

The closer you look like the character the better, so yes you would want to try to look like the character itself. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralhawk1701admiralhawk1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awww yeeaaaa, gonna be a lot of fun! :cool:

Admiral Hawk
    SSR DJ - Fridays @ 2200-0000 GMT
    hawk@gamingradio.net
    edited February 2014
    The closer this gets the more excited I become. It's going to be a slobber knocker.:eek:

subspace-radio.net
    Smaca
    Sundays 00:00 GMT
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sadly time has forced me not to come :(
    You guys/gals enjoy though
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • astien78astien78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just hope that i can make it home in time from work to be a part of the celebration!
  • rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cheers!!! :D
    edited February 2014
    astien78 wrote: »
    I just hope that i can make it home in time from work to be a part of the celebration!

I do too, if you are not there I will be sad for you. This is going to be a heck of an event. :eek:
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    I had a "Surprise, we want you to run a quick session of your tabletop game on Saturday after you get out of work" dropped on me yesterday, but I should be around to be an evil stealthy hider for Hide and Seek!
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
    edited February 2014
    rngdsmaca wrote: »
    I do too, if you are not there I will be sad for you. This is going to be a heck of an event. :eek:

Yes it will be! :D Maybe with lots of Tribbles?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astien78astien78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also, BranFlakes will be joining us to help celebrate! Hopefully we'll get some questions about his experiences thus far being with the STO team.
    edited February 2014
    I hope everyone brings their A game and is ready to win some stuff. :D
    edited February 2014
    Costume contest starting shortly, come on over down to Defra Ruins and join in. Line up is starting up at the ruins and also running mini-song side event :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    And now having a chance to sit down with Branflakes to ask a few questions :) I hope you guys are tuned in and joining the fun here :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It was an awesome show.. if you missed it, go to www.subspace-radio.net , clcik on the "radio" tab, select "rewind" and look for the show Smaca for 2/8/2014

Great stuff folks!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds