test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Solanae Ship from 4 yr

csmith0214csmith0214 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
Should be account bound not character bound. Just a thought.
:D
Post edited by csmith0214 on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the winter event ships werent ccount bound, the summer event ship wasnt account bound.... why should another event ship be account bound?
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I feel sorry for players that have to grind for that ship more than once. Glad i stuck with just one character at lvl 50 after all this time.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I feel sorry for players that have to grind for that ship more than once. Glad i stuck with just one character at lvl 50 after all this time.

It's worth pointing out that the most vocal critics of the new grind are the characters with, like, 32 alts and such. Perhaps I'm being dismissive, but given Cryptic's behavior, business reasons, and target audience, I think it's reasonable for them not to expressly cater to those types.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's worth pointing out that the most vocal critics of the new grind are the characters with, like, 32 alts and such. Perhaps I'm being dismissive, but given Cryptic's behavior, business reasons, and target audience, I think it's reasonable for them not to expressly cater to those types.

I have six myself, they are across professions and factions. As far as this destroyer goes, I'm nt really all that hot for it anyways, so I will only be grinding it on my Sci's. One run a day for twenty days worth to get it, with my schedule as it is lately, I don't think I will even get that
  • kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If they're going to release inferior ships that will get endgame worthy pay-variants later, the least cryptic can do it give it you without making you grind for it. What ever happened to the Odyssey mission?

We better get a discount on the C-Store "+1" if we grinded for the ship during this event, is all I can say.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

These are the types that actually buy stuff. Your critical thinking skills need work.:rolleyes:
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only issue, of course, with this not being account bound is if you get the account bound C-Store version, the characters you didn't grind for the free version on won't have the option of either 4 set bonuses (the one with the warp core and gear from the FE, the one with the C-store pack ship and the secondary deflector)

Course whether that bothers you or not is up to you.
  • algideonalgideon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    csmith0214 wrote: »
    Should be account bound not character bound. Just a thought.
    :D

Buy the upcoming C-Store Version, they are. ;)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    These are the types that actually buy stuff. Your critical thinking skills need work.:rolleyes:

This^^^

Sadly Cryptic still seem to only cater for players with one character. These types of player do not spend as much as someone with multiple alts...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif