test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Acc boosting deflectors question

kgls133492kgls133492 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
What deflector is better purely for boosting accuracy? the solanae with its 1.8% booost that seems to be added to ur base accuracy or the Omega with its +17.5 Starship Targeting Systems?

im pretty sure the omega would work out to a higher increase but if the solanae really does increase base acc then would you gain more overall?

Kinda confusing myself trying to work out how it all adds up
Post edited by kgls133492 on

Comments

• Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2014
    Elite Fleet Axiom.
  • Options
    spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On my KDF tac, I got a better bonus accuracy (while on a real-space map) when switching from my Omega Mk 12 deflector to the Solenae Mk12 deflector.

I think it was 27.5% before and 29.3% after. I'll correct my numbers and post my points in Targeting Systems when the server comes back

EDIT:
    Targeting Systems
    Before: 117
    After: 99

Bonus Accuracy (not in combat)
    Before: 27.7%
    After: 29.4%

Values were taken in real-space
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Omega boosted my accuracy by 2 percent.

I didnt use it for long, the loss in defence compared to other shied and/or hull boosting deflectors was too much for the small gain.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kgls133492 wrote: »
    What deflector is better purely for boosting accuracy? the solanae with its 1.8% booost that seems to be added to ur base accuracy or the Omega with its +17.5 Starship Targeting Systems?

im pretty sure the omega would work out to a higher increase but if the solanae really does increase base acc then would you gain more overall?

Kinda confusing myself trying to work out how it all adds up

That all really depends considering 1.8% isn't really much of an increase, as for the +17.5 STS, well there again it depends on your overall STS value because the higher the score goes eventually it will net weaker results.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kgls133492kgls133492 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thats a good point i had completely forgot about the diminishing returns on skills, i use full STS si i guess omega wouldnt give anywhere near the bonus i thought
  • Options
    taschenbillard12taschenbillard12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ... as for the +17.5 STS, well there again it depends on your overall STS value because the higher the score goes eventually it will net weaker results.

it does not - you gain 17.5
  • Options
    spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On my KDF tac, I got a better bonus accuracy (while on a real-space map) when switching from my Omega Mk 12 deflector to the Solenae Mk12 deflector.

I think it was 27.5% before and 29.3% after. I'll correct my numbers and post my points in Targeting Systems when the server comes back

EDIT:
    Targeting Systems
    Before: 117
    After: 99

Bonus Accuracy (not in combat)
    Before: 27.7%
    After: 29.4%

Values were taken in real-space

Updated my findings. In terms of bonus accuracy, you benefit more from the Solenae Deflector, which also gives you 35 points to structural integrity. For me, this corresponded to a hull HP increase of 3660, from 40917 (61 points SI, no deflector), to 44577 (96 points SI, Sol Deflector).
    The Spice Must Flow...