test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVS: Don't Mix the mini games

hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Seriously, a very very very bad Idea and BIG FAT FAIL!

I am SO TIRED of going the the academys only to see half all these "shell game" mini games running and no one there.

Hacks like toon I saw was running around activating all the mini-Q's until she (or he) got the "chase" game. This is TRIBBLE other players on the map trying to do the mission "honestly" like me.

So please do not mix the mini games.

hip63 :P

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Post edited by hip63 on

Comments

• Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If entering an instance full of unoccupied present games is such a problem, you could switch to another instance. Yes, I realize that, like in the winter event with people lined up for races dealing with line jumpers, we shouldn't have to switch instances. However, it is an effective way to deal with it. :D

I agree that the mini games need changing. In my opinion, the player should have the choice of which mini game to play depending on what they tell the mini Qs, and have the option the player completes award different percentages of mission completion. The player could say something like:
    -"you have to come to Q's party" causing the mini Q to run, giving 20% of mission when won
    -or "you should go to Q's party" causing the present game, awarding 40% of mission completion (as present games take longer)
    -Possibly have a unique option for players with tier 4 diplomacy of "you should go to Q's party, it'll be fun" causing the mini Q to want to go right then and there.
    -Perhaps an option for those with tier 4 marauding of "go to Q's party or else" having the mini Q decide to go to the party, but turning the player into some weird creature (like Q does to you sometimes) then disappearing. Naturally, the player could go to Q to get turned back to normal.

However, I'm pretty sure that saying other player's character names and @handles like that is against the TOS.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sick of seeing this happen too, also sick of ignorant players just running up and activating a party crasher when your clearly stud in front of it. would love to see players rooted for the present shuffle and only released after they give an answer.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That idea would be awful and ensure that the shuffle doesn't get played at all, because the only way to make that game tolerable at all is to multitask them: Activate 3-5 of them in a tight cluster and then gather to watch them all. Since Q can be seen running, you only need to be present at the end to give an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personally either solution presented in this thread is a good one, since I get the 3 present monty about 75% of the time.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hip63 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    Naming and shaming, big fat no no...
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That idea would be awful and ensure that the shuffle doesn't get played at all, because the only way to make that game tolerable at all is to multitask them: Activate 3-5 of them in a tight cluster and then gather to watch them all. Since Q can be seen running, you only need to be present at the end to give an answer.

Would my proposed solution be better if the present games awarded 50% of the mission? Or should it be a instant completion? :confused:
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    admiralnat wrote: »
    Would my proposed solution be better if the present games awarded 50% of the mission? Or should it be a instant completion? :confused:

That the problem there really. If you could choose why wouldn't you choose the chase game?
    I guess a bigger reward would help, in combo with rooting the player there.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The best solution would be to make it so you can't activate another mini-Q until you've dealt with the one you've already activated.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I hate this mini-game with a passion and if an accolade did not accompany its completion I would not bother.
    If I had lobi I would have done this by now...

Eitherway there have been some good suggestions here.
    Making a 'chase Q' mission complete 20% and a 'find Q' mission complete 40% is a very good idea. Finding him in boxes is so annoying!!!

Also rooting players for each mission sounds a wise idea too.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The best solution would be to make it so you can't activate another mini-Q until you've dealt with the one you've already activated.
    Again: This is an awful "solution" because it makes the shuffle ones completely unusable, as you'd be stuck there for hours waiting for tha TRIBBLE to finish if you couldn't activate 5 of them and then double back and answer. The ANNOYING thing is the people who cut off your cluster, preventing you from tagging ones within observable range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I absolutely loathe the shell game.

Any suggestion to tie a person to a single shell game is abhorrent.

You may enjoy staring at boxes, but some of us do not.

If you are worried about there not being enough mini Qs, select an instance with a lower population.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's also worth noting that forcing people to pass the shell game entirely instead of triggering it and either answering or ignoring it, will cause selective pressure on the boxes to become shell games, rendering the entire instance unusable.

Here are the FACTS of the Q Crashers Game:
    1. Whether or not a given Q is a runner or a shell game is FIXED at spawn. Once a Q spawns, what type it is is FIXED and indepedent of who triggers it.
    2. It takes the same amount of time for a shell game to complete whether or not it is attended.

The results:
    1. If you hated the shell game, and who doesn't, really, except people who can handle doing 5-at-once, if someone triggers the shell game, THEY ARE CLEARING IT FROM THE MAP FOR YOU. It was going to be a shell game if YOU opened it, too. The fact that someone else has identified it for you saves you the trouble of being trapped by it...and if you're seriously proposing that someone ONLY be able to open one, believing this is good for you, then you REALLY ought to thank that guy for disarming that mine for you.
    2. A greater percentage of the Qs on the map will become fixed as Shell Games should someone be forced to stay there until it finishes or only be able to open one. This is because people will start to pass up the shell games entirely, never opening those Qs to disarm them or return to them later. This is because if no one ever triggers it, it will never respawn.

Therefore, pretty much all whiner proposals are going to make the entire situation worse for everyone, including them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's also worth noting that forcing people to pass the shell game entirely instead of triggering it and either answering or ignoring it, will cause selective pressure on the boxes to become shell games, rendering the entire instance unusable.

1. Whether or not a given Q is a runner or a shell game is FIXED at spawn. Once a Q spawns, what type it is is FIXED and indepedent of who triggers it.
    2. It takes the same amount of time for a shell game to complete whether or not it is attended.

The results:
    1. If you hated the shell game, and who doesn't, really, except people who can handle doing 5-at-once, if someone triggers the shell game, THEY ARE CLEARING IT FROM THE MAP FOR YOU. It was going to be a shell game if YOU opened it, too. The fact that someone else has identified it for you saves you the trouble of being trapped by it...and if you're seriously proposing that someone ONLY be able to open one, believing this is good for you, then you REALLY ought to thank that guy for disarming that mine for you.
    2. A greater percentage of the Qs on the map will become fixed as Shell Games should someone be forced to stay there until it finishes or only be able to open one. This is because people will start to pass up the shell games entirely, never opening those Qs to disarm them or return to them later. This is because if no one ever triggers it, it will never respawn.

Therefore, pretty much all whiner proposals are going to make the entire situation worse for everyone, including them.

Whatever dude, that sounds like total BS to me...

Jerks always like to justify themselves by claiming that they are making the game "better" by being a hack. :rolleyes:

If yer defending the practice, yer part of the problem...

hip63 :P
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Surely if you get rooted, you'd pretty much HAVE to play the shuffle.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited February 2014

The results:

I'd quite happily take the shell game. Your logic is assuming that no one wants to do it. I prefer the chase, but if a shell game is what I get, that is perfectly fine too. Unless of course some rude little "expletive" has left it playing and locked me out. I think if you get a shell game then you should be rooted to the spot till an answer is given. If you get it then you have to play it.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Surely if you get rooted, you'd pretty much HAVE to play the shuffle.
    Nope, I just won't open those boxes if that's the case, because being stuck there for several minutes is a complete waste of time.
    I think if you get a shell game then you should be rooted to the spot till an answer is given. If you get it then you have to play it.
    That would make it completely unplayable at all, since motion is often required to observe the boxes. Even with the chases, you are often suddenly rooted in very random places, nowhere near the box you opened, because you're busy running the pattern.
    hip63 wrote: »
    If yer defending the practice, yer part of the problem...
    In a correctly run pattern, you pick a tight ring of 5, no more, no less, adjacent Qs, and open them. Back when there were ONLY shell games, you would then pick a central observation spot and observe them all simultaneously, and answer them. You're welcome to watch how it's really done if you don't believe me. I don't run around pushing buttons for the hell of it. I systematically and carefully pick my boxes, then use the ones I open. Most of them, anyway. Sometimes you get an opportunity to finish faster. But believe me, there's a correct pattern to run them in, and that includes the shells: Multiple ones. Picking them ONE AT A TIME would take forever, and I would just end up cherrypicking the runners instead, resulting in a field that rapidly becomes polluted in shell-only Mini-Qs. THAT would be a slash-and-burn jerk mechanic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nope, I just won't open those boxes if that's the case, because being stuck there for several minutes is a complete waste of time.

You're welcome to watch how it's really done if you don't believe me. I don't run around pushing buttons for the hell of it. I systematically and carefully pick my boxes, then use the ones I open. Most of them, anyway. Sometimes you get an opportunity to finish faster. But believe me, there's a correct pattern to run them in, and that includes the shells: Multiple ones.

Surely if you were stuck there, then not picking is just hurting yourself then. :rolleyes:

And I'm not arguing that your way of doing it isn't more efficient, for you. But you are TRIBBLE over everyone else who is trying to do the game the way it's intended.

And motion is not at all required to observe the boxes. I do it with out moving at all.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Surely if you were stuck there, then not picking is just hurting yourself then. :rolleyes:
    No, because you only get stuck if you pick.
    And I'm not arguing that your way of doing it isn't more efficient, for you. But you are TRIBBLE over everyone else who is trying to do the game the way it's intended.
    It's more efficient for everyone. If everyone did things this way, boxes would be left in nice, neat, 5-clump packs for the next user. THe problem is you get buffoons like, well, you, who go and pick ONE box, breaking the pattern and forcing the abandonment of multiple boxes because they cannot be observed. Standing there for ages also clogs the field, preventing others from using it, as opposed to 5-and-done in 30 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, because you only get stuck if you pick.

I think you misunderstand. Under this hypothetical you would be stuck if DIDN'T pick.

Also, now that I know people are operating like this, I will start throwing smock bombs on any abandoned shell games I find. This needs to be discouraged.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I think you misunderstand. Under this hypothetical you would be stuck if DIDN'T pick.
    No, I think you misunderstand. Under your hypothetical scenario, I would be stuck if I picked the shell game Q. Therefore, I will simply not pick them, and instead open ONLY the runners, since being stuck for a minute t a time staring vapidly at this nonsense will completely kill your ability to complete this TRIBBLE in a timely manner. What will then happen is that selective pressure will gradually increase the proportion of shell games YOU will end up having to sift through or be stuck with, as, assuming the odds are balanced, or even if they're not, every time I pick a runner, removing it from play, it has a chance of being respawned as a shell game. As it stands, my methods actually benefit you: I actually preferentially target the shell games, because they pipeline better than chasing a runner early, activating 3 or 4 of them before picking a runner or two, then doubling back to complete the shell game. This results in a field that biases towards runners, since I am applying the same selective pressure against the shell games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, I think you misunderstand. Under your hypothetical scenario, I would be stuck if I picked the shell game Q. Therefore, I will simply not pick them, and instead open ONLY the runners, since being stuck for a minute t a time staring vapidly at this nonsense will completely kill your ability to complete this TRIBBLE in a timely manner. What will then happen is that selective pressure will gradually increase the proportion of shell games YOU will end up having to sift through or be stuck with, as, assuming the odds are balanced, or even if they're not, every time I pick a runner, removing it from play, it has a chance of being respawned as a shell game. As it stands, my methods actually benefit you: I actually preferentially target the shell games, because they pipeline better than chasing a runner early, activating 3 or 4 of them before picking a runner or two, then doubling back to complete the shell game. This results in a field that biases towards runners, since I am applying the same selective pressure against the shell games.

You wouldn't know it was a shell game till it was open you were already rooted.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    would love to see players rooted for the present shuffle and only released after they give an answer.

Right, punish everybody rather than just the people who can't be bothered to speed things along.

That's not a solution to anything, it's just nerd rage wanting to punish people running 4 sets of gift boxes at once and then getting on with their game.

If you enjoy standing around scratching yourself watching cutscenes, more power to you. But think about this: How many Qs will be "busy" if everyone has to stand and watch the entire boring, futile show? That's right- the only change will be that there's somebody standing beside every one of them, and you still can't find an "open" one in a packed instance at prime playing time. Cue nerd rage round 2, "The devs need to add more Qs!!!1!!!"

Seriously, try this: The moment you hit the Academy, open the "change instance" window and move to the lowest population zone you can find. Find a corner, hit Qs at a dead run until you get a runner. Guess what- you now probably have 3 sets of gift boxes dancing, and by checking them in Shooter Mode once they stand still you can find which one to pick and boom- in about 30 seconds, you've just gone from "1/5" completed to "4/5." Hit one more and no matter what it does, you're out of there and back to the real game while all the people shouting "griefer" are still watching their second set of gift boxes shuffle. Griefing? Pfft, I'm in the Dyson Battlezone racking up Dilithium, who am I griefing?

Or you could keep spending more time per post here complaining than I spend per day doing this grind on 5 characters. Your choice.