test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guramba transformation negates hull customization

denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
For a while, I had been flying my Guramba Siege Destroyer with the Honor Guard shield visuals. But recently, I decided to give the normal hull options another try. In doing so, I noticed there's a bug or oversight in the Guramba transformation process.

When the Guramba transforms into Siege Mode, it flips around and then changes its hull material to a Type 1 and removes all color customization. This might have been minor when the Guramba could only have Type 1 hull, but now it has Type 2 (updated version of Type 1) and Type 3 (c-store Nausicaan destroyer hull). The change is especially jarring when the hull pattern changes from Type 3 to Type 1 and the engine glows change color.

I didn't notice this before because shield visuals are projected over the hull in both modes. I understand there might have been technical issues behind this, but couldn't the ship be updated to take on your hull customization in Siege Mode too? Or at least allow both modes to be individually customized in the tailor, so you can set them to be identical.
Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
, Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by denizenvi on

Comments

• mezirathmezirath Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good catch, denizenvi

Thank you for reporting this, I've gone ahead and verified the issue as well as imputing it into our internal database.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had this problem since last summer and reported it. Nice job watching posts cryptic!