test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Advice

jarviscrockerjarviscrocker Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Hi all

I was wondering what you guys and girls thought i could do to improve my current build.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=oddyantiproton_0

I haven't got all the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array I currently run one but was wondering if its possible to run 3? Currently I have 1 MKXI antiproton beam array with the now useless borg modifier and a MKXII one, so looking to replace them and my current omni seem to have better dps than my MKXII beam array so was thinking 2 more would be good and cheap to start with.

I need to work on getting better Doff's for build so i know they need changing but not sure which types are best.

Cheers
Post edited by jarviscrocker on

Comments

• captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only one AP360 is allowed I think. Not in game at moment so guessing.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • jarviscrockerjarviscrocker Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    had a feeling that may be the case but thought i'd ask
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. You can only use ONE 360 AP bean array per ship.
    2. Get Elite fleet shields. If you cant get those, Use one of the MACO shields.
    3. Get plas. Leech. (Note: leech interferes with MACO resilient shields. DO NOT run both at same time.)
    4. use the RCS from the Dil mining. they boost hull resist.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Assuming this is a PvE build:

Yep, only one omnidirectional allowed. Add two beams and broadside.

There's zero reason to run Tactical Team 2 over Tactical Team 1, especially if you're sacrificing Fire At Will 2.

Go full Borg space set, or get a fleet shield, or at least switch to a resilient shield array.

Replace the Emitter Amplifier with a Field Generator.

With all the dps one can do crowd control is less relevant, which makes Eject Warp Plasma is kind of a useless skill. Slot another copy of Directed Energy Modulation.

Not sure what your Eng Cmdr station is about. I'd go, EPtW1, Aux2Sif1, EPtS3, DEM3 - or - EPtW1, EPtS2, DEM2, DEM3. Switch Ensign universal to tac to have: LtCmdr - TT1, APB1, APB2, Lt - TT1, FAW2, EnsUni - FAW1.

Switching to a full Aux to Battery build is certainly in your future.

Generally your skill points are okay, though it could use polishing. No real reason to respec though. If you don't have the reputation tiers yet, select only the offensive options for space as you have an innately tanky ship.

Other than that, join a fleet and get upgraded gear.
    edited February 2014
    cheers will get on respecing them boff skills and see about getting some a new gear. i have the borg shield i just never use the tractor beam so thought i'd try something else. if i didn't run the plasmonic leech i'd run the MACO shield, was wondering if the dyson rep shield or the new fe shield is worth ago in the build. for doffs is 3 dcm ones the way to go?
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cheers will get on respecing them boff skills and see about getting some a new gear. i have the borg shield i just never use the tractor beam so thought i'd try something else. if i didn't run the plasmonic leech i'd run the MACO shield, was wondering if the dyson rep shield or the new fe shield is worth ago in the build. for doffs is 3 dcm ones the way to go?

Well, I think Aux2Batt is probably the way to go. But if you have the DCEs, then yes, that's probably good. I only suggest running 3 piece borg for the heal and the tractor/cutting beam synergy. However you are probably better off grabbing the FE salonae shield, that will be a sufficient shield while running leech.
  • demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone was wonder if yous could look at my build and see if i have set this up right. I still feel as though (by looking at a few other builds) it could do with differnt consoles. Is it wise to replace the emmitter array with the zero point energy conduit, as i see a lot of builds have this. Thanks Guys

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=myfleethec_4668
  • demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry wrong thread :-)
    edited February 2014
    Hi

Been looking at the advice and have made a few changes already mainly doff and boff changes.

Was wondering are the Dyson Rep consoles worth getting? Was thinking of replacing the field generator with the shield refrequencer with a shhp modifier.

Also thought about replacing my antiproton tact consoles with the auto targeting module with a ap modifier. Does this sound anygood or not worth the effort?

Was also going to get the Nukara Console and replace one of my rcs ones, is that recommended?

Cheers
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here's a build based on what you originally posted. You can only use one 360 AP omni BA. So I adjusted for that. And no, the Dyson rep consoles are TRIBBLE. You're better off using fleet gear, or even regular consoles.

So basically I adjusted the weapon loadout to better match a BFAW spamming cruiser, and I also changed your shield out for the Assimilated shield, mostly because it will be better against most enemies (excluding the Voth). Assuming this is a PvE build you're looking for, what I posted up will do just fine in pretty much every PvE situation.

I changed out your Cmdr Engi because what you had there... no bueno senor. What I put up instead will give you plenty of sustain and damage. Your Tac BOffs were fine, except for the TT2. I adjusted the LtCmdr Tac to a more efficient layout that maximizes damage.

As for the console adjustments? I moved all your unis to sci, and then put in two mk XI blue neutroniums (easy to get, give good resistances). And I also added in the Subspace field modulator in your devices to give you another resistance booster.

Best part is that build doesn't require any special DOffs or anything. You can literally use it Doff free. However, should you choose to use DOffs, I would recommend blue Damage Control Engineers (reduce cooldown on EPtX), and a blue or better Warp Core Engineer (boosts power levels upon usage of EPtX). As for the Aux2SIF3, you can find that on relatively cheap purple engi BOffs on the exchange.

Any questions?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited February 2014
    Cheers when I get back on i'll look into trying to find boff with aux2sif3 i'm pretty sure most of my tact boffs now suit the build. Will see about changing out the rcs consoles for fleet ones and see what else i can get.

Thanks for the advice.

On a further note would any of these builds be ok to maybe try some pvp as I have never bothered with the pvp on STO and would mind trying it.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cheers when I get back on i'll look into trying to find boff with aux2sif3 i'm pretty sure most of my tact boffs now suit the build. Will see about changing out the rcs consoles for fleet ones and see what else i can get.

Thanks for the advice.

On a further note would any of these builds be ok to maybe try some pvp as I have never bothered with the pvp on STO and would mind trying it.

Yeah, fleet consoles are currently the ludicrously OPly effective stuff. And to answer your question... no, most of these builds would not work optimally in a PvP situation. In PvP you want other kinds of abilities, like APO, and as much as I hate to say it... aux2bat.

They will work, but not as well as they do in PvE, and you'll probably end up getting mauled. PvP is more of a rather harsh learning curve, but if you go into the channel OrganizedPvP, there are always players there willing to help. Also, if you do want a PvP build for an Odyssey, just ask in the PvP forums, guys like Dahm, DDIS, and jk are always willing to help.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)