test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Draft of Proposed Changes to Proton Weaponry...

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
- Auto-Targeting Module (Tactical Console) New Stats:

Remove: +15% Proton Damage

Add:

"Protonic Conductors"

To all Energy Weapons: Adds a 25% chance on critical hit to deal 200 Proton Damage to target (100% Shield Penetration). This Damage is doubled vs. the Voth.

- Proton Damage now behaves as a form of "Exotic" damage, meaning it is modified by the Starship Particle Generator science skill.

- Protonic Polaron weaponry (Space):

These weapons will operate basically the same way they always have. For Auto-targeting modules, the 200 additional damage will stack directly on top of the base proc ability.

TL;DR (In a Nutshell)

- Proton Damage can now be applied easily to any energy type.

- Proton Damage is a viable alternative to Plasma Damage for science-heavy captains.

Thoughts?
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Almost 50 views and no reply? Does the playerbase really care this little about new content?
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    still sucks /thread

They don't even come close to spire tac consoles.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On the surface of it, seems reasonable enough. Seems it makes going protonic a very sci-centric idea, owing to investment in Particle Generator skills.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, all I have to say is "why now" --- they just released a ship with a proton weapon, is this related at all, a nerf to some build that someone found?

mmm if you have a 40% crit chance, that is roughly a 10% chance to do 200 damage to the hull before resists, if I did that right. Or a very low chance to do a tiny amount of damage after giving up a console that has a 100% chance to increase all shots a fixed %.... sounds like a bad plan to me?
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This does not sound too bad. I still maintain we need full Protonic weapons and Protonic weapon consoles instead of this half-donkied system we have now.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    I agree with your changes for the most part. Ideally, we would have Proton weapons available to us from the Rep store, not these worthless Protonic Polaron pieces of junk.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • thekazekamithekazekami Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    This does not sound too bad. I still maintain we need full Protonic weapons and Protonic weapon consoles instead of this half-donkied system we have now.

Yeah; having a set of Proton Weapons would be nice, particularly with a trio of ships with a Proton Dual Cannon hardwired into it.
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited February 2014
    Some protonic phasers would be nice.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    Some protonic phasers would be nice.

Eeh... If they fix the Phaser Proc to be useful maybe.
  • wr3knar21wr3knar21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to say I like the current way these consoles work. It really seems like the outcome of this change is to make another weak console with another useless proc like the protonic weaponry, only now, we can't boost its output except for stacking a skill that suffers from heavily diminishing returns.

The damage split that they're running right now lends itself really well to the Dyson Protonic Weaponry set. If anything, I think the Protonic DHCs on the Solanae/Ales/Nov ships should follow suit of its predecessor and act as a Cannon/Beam hybrid when it comes to interacting with CSV/FAW/CRF/BO.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Doesn't the Prefire Chamber help the new Protonic weapons? I know it's suboptimal, but the Voth Spire ones at least give parity to dedicated consoles...
  • wr3knar21wr3knar21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It does for the DHC Protons but not the Exp Proton Weapon. The penchant of the Exp Prot Weapon was it's versatility as a beam or cannon like weapon. The added versatility offset the fact that you had to commit to a split energy type loadout, which the Dyson Tac Consoles were designed to support.