test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume COntains Invalid Parts error on Risa event

gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am unable to change or create a new costume for my Risa gear. I have an existing off-duty outfit but i cannot change it or load it in the Tailor. I get the same error on one of my KDF Reman outfits on my Reman character.

"Error: Costume contains invalid parts."

Anyone else seen this or have any idea how to fix it? I can't delete a pre-made outfit to try and fix it that way.:(
Post edited by gemetzel on

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could be worse - you could be a Female Caitian with invisible legs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah2x7ubytl0oqvr/STOCostumeBug.jpg
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hell, my Rom can't even use the costume I spend hours grinding on Risa.
  • flynthornzflynthornz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gemetzel wrote: »
    I am unable to change or create a new costume for my Risa gear. I have an existing off-duty outfit but i cannot change it or load it in the Tailor. I get the same error on one of my KDF Reman outfits on my Reman character.

"Error: Costume contains invalid parts."

Anyone else seen this or have any idea how to fix it? I can't delete a pre-made outfit to try and fix it that way.:(

I have the same problem i cant even switch to my off duty outfit, though i may have missed the obvious but is there a way to delete the outfits? I haven't even found a way to delete a regular outfit..
  • stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I currently have this problem with ALL my existing costumes. I have 11 different uniforms including fleet (yes, I know... it's a sickness), and when I try to edit ANY of them, the changes are rejected with the "invalid parts" error. Even if I'm just trying to change colors.
  • ajax1983ajax1983 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not getting an error, but my costume parts just aren't showing up. I bought the Risa Adventurer outfit and used it without a hitch. Next I bought the Beachcomber just for giggles, unboxed it, but none of its components show up in the tailor. Feel like I've been jipped.
    edited July 2013
    Ajax, I had a similar problem with the Beachcomber set. They only seemed to show up in the Off Duty editor when I logged in the following day. And the shirt, for whatever reason, is named Risan Explorer Outfit rather than Risan Beachcomber Outfit.

I still can't use them, but they're there.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    FIX THE IMAGE TEARING ON UNIFORMS!

That is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The tearing on the uniforms is annoying. My female Romulan BOFFs using the uniform skirt looks jacked if you try to wear a Tal Shiar top. The Beachcomber top rips when you wave your arms where your arm pits are, and there are many other examples. Still hoping they get around to fixing it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I currently have this problem with ALL my existing costumes. I have 11 different uniforms including fleet (yes, I know... it's a sickness), and when I try to edit ANY of them, the changes are rejected with the "invalid parts" error. Even if I'm just trying to change colors.

I have a similar problem with my Female Caitian, but it only shows up when I try to rename outfits. Found a workaround where I just save the outfit with one minor alteration (IE remove tail or play with displayed rank or something minor) then change the name. The error comes up, then I go and tweak the outfit to what I actually want, and the name I wanted to change the outfit to defaults into place. I end up spending a little more ECs than necessary on an outfit, but it beats having to remember what outfit is in which costume slot, and I currently have 5.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why instead of the error, the "erroneous" item doesn't just change to a default article. Being locked out and unable to change uniforms is unacceptable IMO.
    edited July 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Found a workaround where...

This doesn't seem to work for me. :/
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why instead of the error, the "erroneous" item doesn't just change to a default article.

As far as I can tell, it's an bug in the code, not the art. I'm getting this in every slot - I find it extremely dubious that I managed to pick a broken costume piece in all 11 slots. I'm getting this error on a characters fully dressed in "The Motion Picture" costume parts, and 21st Century Formalwear, and a Bajoran Vedek outfit - and none of them have any pieces from outside their sets.

If I hadn't paid for all this stuff with real money I paid on top of my subscription, I'd be a bit less irritated by this. :(
  • ukomegaukomega Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also have problem with the beach gear. Male Romulan Liberated Borg. Spent ages getting the costume.. trousers look good.. but using boots, i get invisible shins and i don't even get the barefoot option... which is why i wanted it in the first place!
    Transaprent2.png
    edited July 2013
    Dang...figures. I just renamed all of my outfits, so I probably screwed myself without knowing it.
    edited July 2013
    I must have gotten lucky. Even after renaming all of my outfits, I can still change them with no errors...
  • kungfuts3kungfuts3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Risa gear is propably formal/off-duty outfit so that's the reason it doesn't show in the list of available clothes per default.

The whole tailor interface is a horrible mess, at least for me. To be able to switch different outfit styles, I need to go to head or body section for the the drop down menu for the uniform type to appear in the top right corner of the outfit window. Then I can change the outfit type and I'm able to select the parts needed from the uniform section.

Needles to say I'f reported this bug via in-game but it was still "broken" in Tribble at least this morning.
  • ayala725ayala725 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I bought Romulan 24 Century outfit, can't put it on.

I put made the mistake of putting Risa Flowers on each uniform of a KDF Orion. Bugged in each costume and cannot clothe.

It would be highly appreciated if a mini-patch introduced a fix.

Also, for the Arc rewards, the Khan outfit makes upper-body flesh textures disappear.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You've just done something you'd probably unaware of. You've reopened a thread which was inactive for longer than 30 days. This is called necro'ing.

Have you tried to send in a ticket to support?