test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Party Patrol suggestion for next year

caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I actually don't mind the "Party Patrol" mission. It's not the most fun thing I've ever done, but it's also not the worst. My only suggestion would be to remove the academy students from Earth and Qo'nos. It's really distracting to have them walking through the presents when you're trying to see which way mini-Q is going. What's worse is sometimes, especially on Qo'nos, they just stand there in the middle of the presents. I've failed a fair few because I just can't see which way mini-Q went with Mr. Giant Gorn in the way.
Post edited by caeloaeturnum on

Comments

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about instead of an immersion-breaker like that, we simply relocate Party Patrol?

Though whatever.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    How about instead of an immersion-breaker like that, we simply relocate Party Patrol?

Though whatever.

Well, to be honest the entire thing is an immersion breaker (I mean, Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Republic officers indulging in Q's games to win a starship isn't exactly very Trek-ish). This would just make it a less-difficult immersion breaker. They could always come up with some sort of justification (i.e. because of all the mini-Qs wreaking havok, the academies were evacuated and classes canceled until Q moves on).
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I've been having a small issue with "Party Patrol" at the Klingon Academy. Sometimes when Q transforms and runs, he runs into the the area where the vendors are standing. As a result, I end up interacting with the vendor and hitting "Negotiate a Deal" when I'm trying to interact with the fleeing Q and hit "Stop!".

This isn't a problem at Starfleet Academy, where the vendors are safely tucked away inside buildings.

I'd like to suggest disabling vendor interaction for the player while the Party Patrol mission is active. Probably a simpler solution than having the devs add invisible walls to keep the Qs out of the vendor areas.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have another suggestion how to improve party patrol.
    It includes REMOVING IT!!! It's awful!!! And replace it with... Nothing since anniversary shouldn't be grind in the first place.

And I'd like to see far less of Q in general.
    I love the real john de liance Q. But even his onscreen son... Is not in any way a character that needed to be seen again.
    And I personally believe the devs got Q entirely wrong as a character. It's a massive immersion break, since even Q reta**** son would not permanently hang around on esd. Once a year (holiday event for example) that's ok, but now it looks like he lives there permanently.
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I've been having a small issue with "Party Patrol" at the Klingon Academy. Sometimes when Q transforms and runs, he runs into the the area where the vendors are standing. As a result, I end up interacting with the vendor and hitting "Negotiate a Deal" when I'm trying to interact with the fleeing Q and hit "Stop!".

This isn't a problem at Starfleet Academy, where the vendors are safely tucked away inside buildings.

I'd like to suggest disabling vendor interaction for the player while the Party Patrol mission is active. Probably a simpler solution than having the devs add invisible walls to keep the Qs out of the vendor areas.

Had the same issue just today. You just have to klick "stop" manually. Usually that pet is stuck there anyway so that shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am just tired of people clicking the mini-q's and if its the parcel game they run and click another one til it is a runner, the devs should make the player rooted til they finish the one they just clicked on
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am just tired of people clicking the mini-q's and if its the parcel game they run and click another one til it is a runner, the devs should make the player rooted til they finish the one they just clicked on

There are actually a lot around that do not make that package game just the running game....
    Wich is really annoying for people who trie to find a party crasher to talk to....

Just another reason to never let that game go live again.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are actually a lot around that do not make that package game just the running game....
    Wich is really annoying for people who trie to find a party crasher to talk to....

Just another reason to never let that game go live again.

it can live just rework it is all i am saying,
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My suggestion for next year is the same as it has been for the last 2 years. GET RID OF THE SHELL GAME.

Whack-a-q would be fun though.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or just make them unable to start a second one until the first is finished...

I would like to see them add a third mini game next time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2014
    More mini games are a necessity if next year is to be similar. The two options wear thin really fast and there are still days to go on multiple characters.

At least with the winter event you could always be trying to figure out some way to go faster.

The party patrol games however are very repetitive.
    Places this definitively in the so grindy it hurts category.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm... the devs have been doing colored light themed mini-games in the Solanae stuff.... Maybe something like that? But with something other than the Solanae symbols obviously....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yes, one of these please. This has really started getting annoying the past few days. Sometimes it feels like I'm spending more time finding a party crasher at ESD than I do playing the game...

As for the grind, I don't think another mini-game is really the solution (though it'd be appreciated). I think we should be able to earn Qmendations by replaying story content and foundry missions. The mini-games could be there as a faster option, but I'd have a lot more fun if I could do something different every day.
  • Options
    wolfstar2wolfstar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I second this suggestion. People should not be able to start a 2nd mini-game if they have one already running. This is getting very annoying and is getting worse as the month goes on.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wolfstar2 wrote: »
    I second this suggestion. People should not be able to start a 2nd mini-game if they have one already running. This is getting very annoying and is getting worse as the month goes on.
    This is a terrible idea specifically because the efficient way to run these things is to find the 5 shuffle boxes and activate them all at once, letting them shuffle on their own, then returning to the beginning and answering them. Without this, the entire process would take 5 times as long, and those boxes would be completely unusable.

You would then find something new to whine about when all the boxes that are left become shuffles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Worse? It's getting better- the more I study on it, the faster I get. Last night my Sci Klingon got all 5 Party Crashers and finished the daily in under 70 seconds, with no wasted gift boxes left unused.

I get all 5 characters through the daily in less time than it takes most of the QQers crying "griefer" to make one post here. Maybe they could get faster if they spent as much effort on the game as they spend begging the GMs to punish all the people "having fun wrong." :rolleyes:
  • Options
    varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Agree with the post that suggested removing it entirely. It serves no purpose except to act as a stick to make people login on a daiily basis. It does not make cryptic more money but grinds such as these do induce burnout.

Want to give us a new ship we can do with a player activity...cool

Want to give us an upgraded version on the C-store I can buy or grind dil for...cool

Wasting my limited time in pointless time sinks...that...more than anything else will cause me to finally lose patience and stop playing STO. And I dont want to stop playing...I very much enjoy the game outside of these wasteful timesinks.

Remember Cryptic, daily logins with less fun do not equate to more money in the long term. More fun equates to more money :)
  • Options
    wolfstar2wolfstar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Worse? It's getting better- the more I study on it, the faster I get. Last night my Sci Klingon got all 5 Party Crashers and finished the daily in under 70 seconds, with no wasted gift boxes left unused.

I get all 5 characters through the daily in less time than it takes most of the QQers crying "griefer" to make one post here. Maybe they could get faster if they spent as much effort on the game as they spend begging the GMs to punish all the people "having fun wrong." :rolleyes:

I think we just have people looking at this stuff from two different perspectives. One group just looks at it mechanically; "no matter what the intent I want the fewest clicks possible/least time possible to do something". And another group that looks at this more in respect to actual intent. Intent being, you don't have a find-the-ball-under-the-shell type game unless you expect people to watch the "ball". The only reason multi-mini-game starters can even finish all the ones they start successfully is because of the shooter mode bug.

Without the shooter mode thing I bet people would just run around looking for "health bar" Q's and not even start the shell game ones.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, to be honest the entire thing is an immersion breaker (I mean, Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Republic officers indulging in Q's games to win a starship isn't exactly very Trek-ish). This would just make it a less-difficult immersion breaker. They could always come up with some sort of justification (i.e. because of all the mini-Qs wreaking havok, the academies were evacuated and classes canceled until Q moves on).

Winter event was "Trekish"?
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think we just have people looking at this stuff from two different perspectives. One group just looks at it mechanically; "no matter what the intent I want the fewest clicks possible/least time possible to do something". And another group that looks at this more in respect to actual intent. Intent being, you don't have a find-the-ball-under-the-shell type game unless you expect people to watch the "ball". The only reason multi-mini-game starters can even finish all the ones they start successfully is because of the shooter mode bug.

Without the shooter mode thing I bet people would just run around looking for "health bar" Q's and not even start the shell game ones.

Actually if you start one and get the present box version, you can go over to another nearby q and start it if its a runner you still have time to catch it and return to your box's to watch 2-3 cycles and see where the q is. If its another present you can just go back to the first one finish it and go back to the 2nd in time to watch and finish it as well. I haven't used or tried to use whatever the shooter mode thing is, and doing 2 at once finishes decently fast. I don't really see anything wrong with doing it this way since it just means I am not sitting there watching box's go back and forth a extra 3 or 4 times when I can just pay attention to the last few rotations.

Granted I agree that there are probably a lot of people who don't do it that way. I suggested in a previous post that they should have simply made the present portion of the game worth 2 point's (1 for just getting it & 1 if you win) this would have a few good effects namely you would most likely want to actually take the time to do it for 2 points, you wouldn't be robbed of points when lag/npcs mess you up and anyone running around clicking multiple q's wouldn't get to click so many due to them hitting 5 points completed more quickly.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Winter event was "Trekish"?

Not particularly... I doubt the Breen would be organizing races that rewarded starships (especially their own) or bunny tags.
  • Options
    praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I wouldn't mind seeing a target practice game of some sort (where you can't use the auto-target), or even a "whack-a-mole" version / variant.
  • Options
    praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, one of these please. This has really started getting annoying the past few days. Sometimes it feels like I'm spending more time finding a party crasher at ESD than I do playing the game...

As for the grind, I don't think another mini-game is really the solution (though it'd be appreciated). I think we should be able to earn Qmendations by replaying story content and foundry missions. The mini-games could be there as a faster option, but I'd have a lot more fun if I could do something different every day.

Definately agree with this. We should definately be able to get Qmendations by doing episodes (even if it's just the ones that Q is in, he's in like 3 or 4 episodes), Foundries (maybe give Qmendations instead of Dil for the first 5 Foundry missions), or something. The same things DOES wear terribly thin.