test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the PVE community: You can ground pvp

Comments

• tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If only STO PvP was not a pathetic joke...
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aha, no.

This just further reinforces my opinion that PVPers are having trouble finding enough people to play with, hence why they're endlessly trying to get non-PvP players to be their target practice.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Aha, no.

This just further reinforces my opinion that PVPers are having trouble finding enough people to play with, hence why they're endlessly trying to get non-PvP players to be their target practice.

^^^^^ This....^^^^^ This... and ^^^^^^ This. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Lets see...

PvE Fun

Haha.

Lol many trekkies have only played sto and doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Anyway, pvp is dead, like this "game". And no, childs doesnt play this game, mostly nerd old men that likes to collect lock boxes, fill their reputation proyects, and dress their virtual barbies. But of course, they like to talk about maturity.
    edited February 2014
    lter wrote: »
    Haha.

Lol many trekkies have only played sto and doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Anyway, pvp is dead, like this "game". And no, childs doesnt play this game, mostly nerd old men that likes to collect lock boxes, fill their reputation proyects, and dress their virtual barbies. But of course, they like to talk about maturity.

It is children no childs, I am old but no nerd, my wife makes sure of that. I don't collect lock boxes, I don't like projects and the only Barbie I like to undress is my wife.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope, I won't be rifle fodder for premades.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Me? Don't know what you are talking about, never done PVP I just tried once to make sure if I like it or not. I don't like it.

That was meant for the OP.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Ok I tried PVP yesterday to please the poster of this topic.

The short version: Got to the respawn point, took 3 steps dead, respawn, took 2 steps dead, respawn, took 1 step dead. Respawn out of there.

Same gankers, well geared to P2W to the teeth, not even a snowball chance in hell to do PVP again.

I'm sorry that you ran into those players. I don't like them either.
    gunsang1 wrote: »
    If you don't give pvp communities a chance, it never will happen.

It's like the lottery... You can't win if you don't play. Even if the chances here are realistically similar.

That's the ticket!
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I understand.

You claim to understand, yet still you make these threads which clearly suggest otherwise.

You say "make your voices heard" to a crowd whose thunderous silence cannot be ignored. We've made our voices heard: we don't care about PvP, that's why we're the "PvE Community" you keep (desperately, based on the frequency of your "This is directed to people who don't PvP, so please don't move it to the PvP area" threads) trying to get over to your side.

We've made our voices heard, they say "You go knock yourself out. We'll be over here doing our chosen thing."

How many times do we need to "make our voices heard" until you get over yourself, get over your personal vendetta to fill the PvP queues with new rookie cannon fodder, and stop ignoring them?!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gunsang1 wrote: »
    If you don't give pvp communities a chance, it never will happen.

They burned the chance a LOOONNNGGG time ago for me, when they claimed that they had the right to cry "NERF" and their opinion was the only one that mattered, because the PvE players had "no clue".

That day, when I saw the first of those posts, and they continued to pop up, along with the b*tching I mentioned above, I lost every drop of respect for them.

No... the PvP'ers have to go...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited February 2014
    They burned the chance a LOOONNNGGG time ago for me, when they claimed that they had the right to cry "NERF" and their opinion was the only one that mattered, because the PvE players had "no clue".

And this, with emphasis.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can't stereotype the entire PvP playerbase just because they get bugs fixed. Every person in the game is different in the same way that every person in a given country is different. Judging an entire group on a stereotypical clause is completely unbecoming of a Star Trek fan.

PvErs only bring up issues that negatively affect them. If it weren't for PvP players reporting bugs on the positive side; such things might never get brought to the devs attention.
    No... the PvP'ers have to go...
    Should I mention that Cryptic plans to place some heavy emphasis on improving PvP over the course of the next year? The shuttle PvP queue was only the beginning. There's nothing you can do about it, we are here to stay :).
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of people need to get over themselves, seriously.

Ok you PvP, great so do I.

Ok you PvE, great so do I

None of yall are special snowflakes, so quit crying at the other party saying they are the cause of everything.

The whole game is busted balancewise. No one camp has a shiny clean slate either, quite frankly I find threads like this to not only be complete stupid, but also completely pointless and divides the whole playerbase.

Especially for those of us that do BOTH THINGS EQUALLY AND EQUALLY WELL.

it really grinds my gears when me, a person that fought their TRIBBLE off to get faw fixed via testing and constant posting to the devs for the PvE community, gets thrown into the camp that gets things "nerfed"

No. I work towards getting things fixed. You think I like it when my stuff gets screwed up cause of X Y or Z?

No, so get over yourselves, both PvP and PvE elitists. Seriously, it got old 10 years ago in other games, and its well tiring here as well.

Also, OP, if any of these people wanted to PvP they would. PvP is its own thing and those of us that partake in it, will. It takes a thick skin at times and not everyone has it. A simple word or mock can ruin someones entire experience forever. Dont expect to come to the masses looking for people to shoot at, theyd be in the queues with you already.

Encourage with a channel or avenue and they will come, but dont go bugging them.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited February 2014
    I don't think the PVP has to go, they are here, they are part of the game but they need to understand one thing, we know you are here, we know you want to be here but we also want to be LEFT the hell alone!!! We don't want to PVP, we know what PVP is, PVP games are all around out there and we don't care about it.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Y'know, back when you started doing these, there was some good, some useful things in them and some honest discussion was had. The more and more you make of these threads, the less actually useful it becomes because you simply bug and annoy people by more or less saying the same thing over and over again.

As I said in this thread:

sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1006041

You are basically trying to make yourself as some bastion of PvP. You feel that YOU know the way to do it, but all you do is talk. Until you actually help people out, you really aren't doing anything. It also doesn't help you only reply and even acknowledge only the feedback you want to acknowledge.

You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I understand how you feel, and that is why I am no longer a part of the ground pvp fleets. They can be very hard to deal with. However, that is no reason why you can not participate on your own terms.
    I am participating on my own terms. My terms are that I don't PvP.

There, I made my voice heard. Again. Happy?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Simple answer. NO. Dont like PVP, hence me playing PVE. :rolleyes:
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • vonriktorvonriktor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow. Tough crowd. eh?
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Given at one point we heard from a Dev that they could remove PVP entirely and it wouldn't effect the overall log ins. I'll repeat what I send then to make my voice heard

Do it. Remove it and reuse the assets elsewhere. Don't waste time and money on something that clearly is wasted.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I enjoy STO PvP on a good day. Not all PvP players are the same. Not all forum posters are the same. But it appears the negative and insulting ones tend to gank the forums in the same manner they complain about PvPers in game. How ironic. Ground PvP can be great fun, and if season 9 is really PvP season as hinted in interviews...
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2014
    The one and only way to ground pvp is within a fleet where some rules can be applied

Pug ground pvp i dont reccomend there are too many races kits and builds than make most other nothng but a target

ground pvp is more broken than space pvp is and is a universal bad taste in mouth to all but the most elite ground players

its not fun its patethic
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited February 2014
    vonriktor wrote: »
    Wow. Tough crowd. eh?

More accurately:

Annoyed crowd tired of repeated broken-record threads from the same OP wanting the same thing over and over and over and over asking the same questions over and over and over and over as if somehow he'll one day get a different set of answers than the answers he now gets as reliably as the weather on the Moon.
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting vid, a bit strange, but thanx for doing it and attempting to promote pvp :P Although you are completely wrong saying damage means anything on ground :P

To the people against it... well give it a shot, you might actually enjoy yourself ;)
    edited February 2014
    sboslayer wrote: »
    To the people against it... well give it a shot, you might actually enjoy yourself ;)

Been there, done that, you're wrong. :P
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twam wrote: »
    Why should they, though?

It's not like they're missing out on the best part of the game, or anything.

Indeed... Far far faaaaaaar from it. Ground PvP is even worse than Space PvP and that is an accomplishment.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Haha.

So, you play this game, what does that make you, internet tough guy?

Your Avatar tells me that you were playing dress up with your virtual Elf Ken.

And no, this game isn't dead.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sboslayer wrote: »
    Interesting vid, a bit strange, but thanx for doing it and attempting to promote pvp :P Although you are completely wrong saying damage means anything on ground :P

I have tried it. I used to do it all the time waaay back when...when it was the only real way to level a KDF character. It got real old when some of the more 'dedicated' pvp crowd would use exploits to win (not mechanics working as they were supposed to at the time, but things that had unintended consequences). Add in the behavior of people who thought that winning a virtual match somehow elevated them to...something, and gave them the mistaken impression that they were sufficiently awesome to denigrate everyone else.

Aside from that, doing the same maps over and over, got just as repetitive as any PvE.

I have PvPed in other games that did it better, or were dedicated to PvP. PvP here was always a sideshow, and not the main event.
    edited February 2014
    Haha.

Pot calling kettle. This is pot calling kettle. We have an update regarding your coloration, over.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The only real PvP in this game is on the forums.
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I revisit this thread and I see how people are acting...

Who ordered the fire at will? :rolleyes:

Seriously guys, this was a simple enticement to PvE players, not a parade. Stop acting so childish and throwing this thread off topic.