test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has the KDF Maraudering Officer Bug been Fixed?

majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Back sometime ago, a year or two, I noticed that the Maraudering officer reward could not be customized. Disappointed I never claimed it on my main characters.

I am wondering has it been fixed? Also does the Android officer work with customization?

I only ask as I have not claimed either yet and I don't want to unless I can change their appearances and uniforms.
Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
Post edited by majesticmsfc on

Comments

• sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As of this most recent season 8.5 patch, I was finally able to customize the Tier 4 Marauding reward BOFF. However, clothing choice was extrememly limited to parts from the Mining outfit (shirt, pants, boots) and Summer Risa event (the flower accessories). The upside is that all the other sliders worked and saved: hairstyle, body part sizes, facial features, poses, etc.

The Android BOFF is fully customizable (+ added face circuitry) like any normal officer since... well... you have to pay for it :D
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sadly just tried this after post #2 and I can confirm my blonde human is still a blonde human. No changes I made would save. I could not alter her lower uniform options except by randomising (and this still did not save anything). I also could not get the upper to change from tight to loose except by pressing random and hoping for the best.

I would genuinely love to know how the second poster did it, because none of my marauding human boffs will change... blonde clones everywhere!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Guess I should start with a few more specifics: the reward BOFF I customized was a human female.

The only simple thing I can think of that let me make and save changes was the fact that the character (through whatever wonk coding) had at least one other clothing option to select beyond the default: the Mining outfit from the Fleet Mine holding. This outfit was all I could select from the pull-downs for shirt, pants, feet, etc.; and they stayed when selected. That's when I segued over to the head and body options to move around slders/options which also "took" when changed. Of course the big moment was hitting the purchase button and not getting that error message.

I have a lot of the "obscure" clothing unlocked for my Orion (in KDF-land at least): vet, bortas, dyson, mining, korath, time traveller, academy... list goes on. Some early accessories I bought for my Fed character have always appeared for the Orion or her crew, like certain earrings or Seven's borg parts (Orion was made fall of '10-ish I think).

Anyway, what I'm getting at she's a mess at the tailor. I have the somewhat common issue of slots where I can't change anything; and lately, when I do buy new slots they never show and I have to submit a GM ticket to "open" them (~18 slots, nowhere near the max from what I've read). It could be I stumbled upon a mishmash of code that let me make changes to the Marauding reward BOFF, for humans at least. If it is a compounding issue of all the stuff I've bought or unlocked that finally let me make changes to the BOFF... well, I can't unravel that mess.

However, my gut (where klingons like to think from) tells me it was getting the Mining outfit.

(But that outfit has been out awhile... so I could be totally wrong)
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the response. A real shame that Cryptic still can't fix the Maraudering BOFF to work like the Fed Diplomatic one. It's been broken forever.

Thanks for letting me know that the Android works at least.

I guess we will have to continually complain about it being broken and hope for once our requests won't fall on deaf ears. I know that's a big assumption.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug fixes dont make them money. That's what the new bugs are for.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried a few days ago, still no luck. It told me I can't change the species of this boff when trying to save an edit.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug fixes dont make them money. That's what the new bugs are for.

Very true and very sad. Happy customers often spend more money, but they often don't care or don't find it worth their time. Seriously Defera which is cross-factional is rather bugged and after all this time it hasn't been fixed. It's a shame as instead of cleaning up their mess they just release more bugged and broken content. Re-vamping early Federation missions really isn't as important as bug fixing a lot of these years old bugs.

Maybe we all should start spamming their ticket and bug report feature in-game. They might fix it to shut us up. lol It's a legit problem so they can't ban us for reporting issues with the game. :D
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm.

I have managed to replicate this on Tribble and, interestingly, it does appear to be the Miner outfit - the same alt has the Korath unlocked and that doesn't appear. But yes, i can edit the Marauder's appearance.
  • evetibevetib Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I actually just ran into this bug yesterday and submitted a report, It's nice to know that there is an outfit that can be used to make changes without getting that error message in the end though.

I'm all for spaming them with tickets until this gets fixed, actually I'll go submit one now.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Where do I get this Boff? All I got a tier 4 marauding was a purple duty officer.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Where do I get this Boff? All I got a tier 4 marauding was a purple duty officer.

There is an NPC in the same room as the skill trainer that gives 1 boff to people that have t4 marauding complete. Be careful as you can only choose one and can't take it back.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm nice to know i dont have that outfit but i wonder if the dyson outfit from dyson spire works ill try 2moz
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dyson outfit does not work :-( any way [9:52] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,321,722
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2014
    Sigh. If Fed Diplo boffs get KDF outfits, why not just give Marauder boffs the starfleet oufits?

Or, what kind of spaghetti code is behind the outfits?
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sigh. If Fed Diplo boffs get KDF outfits, why not just give Marauder boffs the starfleet oufits?

Or, what kind of spaghetti code is behind the outfits?

There is no spaghetti code.

It's called "laziness."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • evetibevetib Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm fairly new to these forums and had to go read the rules but I am rather disappointed that I'm not allowed to start a petition to have them fix a few certain bugs on the KDF side of things. Is anyone aware of some other method that we could use to express our concerns to the devs/anyone else that might be able to help?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    evetib wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to these forums and had to go read the rules but I am rather disappointed that I'm not allowed to start a petition to have them fix a few certain bugs on the KDF side of things. Is anyone aware of some other method that we could use to express our concerns to the devs/anyone else that might be able to help?

Reporting those bugs. Repeatedly if necesary. Discussing them and pointing them out here on the forums. Consistenlty complaining about them here in hope it gets noticed and eventually fixed. Reporting particular bugs in their apropriate subforum can get the atention of the dev. responsible for that area.
    We also have >THIS THREAD< created in order to complile all issues troubling the KDF players on one place so the devs. can have direct insight, although it hasn't been updated in a while.

Basically the same we've been doing so far.
    HQroeLu.jpg