Comments

• Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah but how do i run safe mode dont see the option
  • Options
    jammers19jammers19 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Right, uninstalled the game and Arc, and reinstalled it. Going to try again and see if I can get past the screen.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    im gonna try that
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The weird thing is that for me it was running perfectly before the great crash this afternoon. When the servers came back up I haven't been able to get on since. The first time I log in I can get to Tau Dewa, but when I try to resume the anniversary mission, it crashes on me. After that I can't even get past the log in screen. Very frustrating.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It seems to be ARC that is the problem....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jammers19 wrote: »
    It seems to be ARC that is the problem....

I've tried with Arc on and off.

Currently I'm disabling on demand patching as it seemed that it started to break down when it started patching. I'll keep you guys updated.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    QA'PLA!!!!

HAHAHA

I disabled the on demand patching and managed to get through. It must be an issue with copying the files over. Back in business.....now I wish I hadn't dropped the mission before, I was almost done. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Got on finally, but the Servers have been in a state of anarchy, with lag and server crashes coming every few hours....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    im reinstaling now which is taking forever but i have a question are servers down again cause im seeing red dot.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    and how do i disable on demand patching never heard of it.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im reinstaling now which is taking forever but i have a question are servers down again cause im seeing red dot.

Answer: Sadly, yes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ok getting highly upset now i still cant log in i keep freezing at the dam romi loading screen.
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Status Report:

After 2 Hours of Patching i was able to start the game yesterday, without any problems.

Today:

I am still able to get past the loading screen.........but i am stuck at the Legacy of Romulus screen *for 20 minutes now and counting*.

I also recieved an new 204 Mb patch........? Why?

EDIT: I am back in Game after watching the LOR Screen for over 20 Minutes.
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    grimsqueaker1985grimsqueaker1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Likewise, had long LoR load screen wait after the new content installed.... then got in eventually, problem went away following the two server disasters last night.... however this morning its back. 40 mins and counting....twice. Maybe I should go write an epic length novel while I wait :P

Ooooh look, an error was found, do you wish to verify files?..... this for the 5th time in 24 hours
  • Options
    commanderrazorcommanderrazor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im having this problem right now - get to the Legacy of Romulus screen and nothing, game goes not responding! Any ideas how to get past this?
  • Options
    zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having the same problem - stuck at the Legacy of Romulus screen, says it's not responding.

A way round it is to just run it in windowed mode, do something else on the internet for 10 minutes or so, then it'll sort itself out and you'll eventually be at the character select screen.
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Go to Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\cache

(I you have no clue where to locate your installation im afraid i cant help ya. If you have a STO shortcut on desktop i.e. you might be able to retrieve STOs location that way)

Remove the three files. Start the game back up.

Its normal now the first time the loading screen takes a while, it will recompile the shader files you just deleted. Give this like 5 minutes or so. If you have a horrilbly slow PC this can take even longer.

My friend had this exact problem and this was my solution.
    Now give me a hug!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, out of the last 4 major releases, this is the first one that I could actually log in and play. So maybe someone somewhere is learning something. Small consolation for folks who are locked out yet again, I know.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    thundermouththundermouth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I too am having the same issue. Tried disabling the anti-virus software - didn't work.
    Tried disabling on-demand patching - didn't work.
    Tried deleting the game cache - didn't work.

Is anyone at Cryptic even listening to this thread? Why is their quality control so poor? This is so frustrating as we have only 15 days to get the 4th anniversary ships. Will Cryptic give more time because we can't play? No. It seems that the kneejerk reaction from them is that it's always our fault somehow. The game for me was playing perfectly before 8.5. Now I get Error 36 and that the on-demand patch server is idle too long and I get kicked out.

What a way to run a company.
  • Options
    thundermouththundermouth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Supplemental

After posting my previous message and doing nothing to modify entry into the game, I was able to get in in under 2 minutes.

Maybe Cryptic heard my message after all.

I hope that those of you still having trouble will have similar good fortune very soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    its going on day three now i CANT GET PAST LOADING SCREEN and its pissing me off
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Having the same problem.

Hit engage, game loading screen appears then crashes and I'm asked to report the bug.

Verified all game files, still no help. Unable to enter the game.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I solved the problem for me by making sure the launcher always launches in Admin mode. I think my issue was the patch not being added properly.
  • Options
    darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jammers19 wrote: »
    Patched the new 8.5 season, and it wont let me get past the Cryptic Loading Screen. I have verified all of the files and it wont actually let me past the Cryptic loading screen.

Ticket number: 14179889
    same problem here nothing but the cryptic loading screen then after 10 minutes it comes up with a message saying something about patch server connection being idle for too long. now I'll never be able to get the new starships :(:(

P.S I contacted cryptic customer support three days ago about this and they said they were working on it I can only hope they get it fixed soon because I can see several ways this could turn out one being that a lot of people stop playing the game entirely (including with much regret me).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ooooh look, an error was found, do you wish to verify files?..... this for the 5th time in 24 hours[/QUOTE]

I feel for you :( It's asked me the same question 20 times in one day I eventually gave up and came to complain in the forum where I found this topic nice to see most people are getting further than me as you saw in the above post I can't even get past the cryptic loading screen
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    guys im now running on day 4 of not being to get in now i cant even get launcher to load before this pops up

There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -2 when loading url /launcher_login

so ive gone from not being able to load lor launcher

then for the last day freezing halfway through cryptic loading.

now launcher wont even load. can someone tell me what this means and if there will be a fix soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    day five now of futilely trying to get on this is getting ridicules now :mad::mad:. How much longer cryptic? :mad:
  • Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sick of this whole thing. I haven't been able to get past the Cryptic loading screen since the January 15 patch. Since then I've been able to do all the patches but still can't get past there. The error code it keeps giving me is 18265518. I have force verify off. I've tried turning the firewall off. I've done a complete reinstall. I've tried safe mode. Nothing works. My fleet probably thinks I've quit.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Having the same problems here after re-loading the game to fix some issues I had after adjusting my settings after trying to fix the spacewalk issue in the new FE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic I demand you get this fixed soon lest you face the wraith of Draconi :)