test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Gear/Omega Gear Rewards?

admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Now yes I know you can get either the Fed or the Klingon Omega Armors, but what about coming out with the Unique Romulan ones that look like they should be used by Romulan or Reman Special Forces. Granted we would be coming up with something new that no one has heard about before, but we never knew Starfleet had MACO's until Ent, so what's to say the Romulans don't have something like them.

Now while we're on the subject what about Elite Fleet Weapons for Romulans too? I mean it can't be that hard to add them to what starbases already offer I mean they did add Fleet Warbirds. Why not Romulan Fleet Gear that they can use, I'm mostly on about Faction Specific weapons and gear in this post I guess. So anyways thoughts I mean I don't expect this to come out tomorrow, but at least the thought that people want it would be nice.

Thoughts anyone?
Post edited by admiraldeathl on

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I concur with your opinion, the Republic/Star Empire should have an independent OMEGA force Romulan/Reman set. This may be possible with the release of an independent Rihannsu faction, whether it be a rehash of the Republic, or a resurgent Star Empire; though I know I'm not the only one who would love to see the latter. ;)

Peace and Long Life, from the Romulan Praetorian Guard.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arhem drohha aei.

((I like it.))
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's been threads before, someone even mentioned releasing a Romulan version of the space set with the current Reman set's art, it's a pretty dead horse.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's been threads before, someone even mentioned releasing a Romulan version of the space set with the current Reman set's art, it's a pretty dead horse.

And there will CONTINUE to be threads till some small morsel of reality gets through someones thick skulls. We arent a fraction. We arent Federation OR Klingon. We are Romulan whether anyone else likes it or not. Get accustomed to it, or go away. Either is fine.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes I know there have been threads before, and just because its a dead horse doesn't mean we can't keep beating it to make it move.

But I've talked to most of the people in my Fleet that have Romulan's/Reman's and they would like to all see some type of expansion on gear and weapons that are Romulan Based especially the Omega/MACO type of gear.

People do want it, now if only a few hundred from my Fleet want it what does that say about the rest of the game maybe? I'm sure more then just a few hundred people want to see something like this added.

(Granted I also want a true Romulan Science Ship, but... yeah...)

How long did the Klingon Players ask for new content, new ships, a new single player experience, and just look at them now? They have new ships, new missions, etc so I wouldn't count out the Romulan Players not getting something eventually.
  • rihandhenorihandheno Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Im pretty sure everyone in our fleet can agree with this especially me! Romulans need there own gear and stuff.
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wufangchu wrote: »
    And there will CONTINUE to be threads till some small morsel of reality gets through someones thick skulls. We arent a fraction. We arent Federation OR Klingon. We are Romulan whether anyone else likes it or not. Get accustomed to it, or go away. Either is fine.

Here was my effort to drum up a Romulan Ground Set. The phrase "preaching to the choir" comes to mind, of course ... :(
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here was my effort to drum up a Romulan Ground Set. The phrase "preaching to the choir" comes to mind, of course ... :(

Thats a wonderful thread. Thank you :).. I admit though that during one persons reply, I couldnt help but think of the space marines from Warhammer 40K.. weird I know... Thank you for posting that link :)
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After four years of senseless horsebeating, this will not be another kind of meeting. :D

Bring on the good stuff!!!

---
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lol, I was merely saying if we can't even get a Maco space set with the Reman skin (literally 5 secs of copy/pasting) as our factional Omega space set, how do we convince cryptic to put in the artist time to get these ground sets? I'm more than happy to beat the dead horse with the rest of y'all, but if we want it to go from well beaten dead horse to actually in game we need something really persuasive and I haven't seen that yet.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    I'd just like a ground set available to the New Romulus reputation. My romulan is using the Dyson set right now, because it fits his theme, but I'd still like a Praetorian Guard set or something.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Thats a wonderful thread. Thank you :)

We make every pretense of competency around here. ;)
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd just like a ground set available to the New Romulus reputation. My romulan is using the Dyson set right now, because it fits his theme, but I'd still like a Praetorian Guard set or something.

A Reman Shadow Guard set to go with it would be nice, giving players a choice of sets similar to MACO/Adapted MACO.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Tal Prai'ex is already ingame (I run it, with an inactive co-leader), and we have settled on a de-visualised KHG Set, though I really like the idea of a Reman Shadow Guard Set (for the Rihannsu faction).
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Similar thread in the reputation section where we're discussing possibilities about romulan rep ground sets. Supporters of this thread would be welcome there as well, if you're interested.

Needless to say, I support this thread as well.

There's already plenty of cool romulan weapons made in the game like the flamethrower, repeater pistol, piercing plasma rifle, and overcharged sniper rifle as well a personal covariant shield. Parts are already around, they could very easily make these ground sets, and someone touched on them once in one of the many audio interviews of the past around the same time they mentioned they were working on Romulan EV suits, which we now have.

Beat the horse. Don't let the powers that be forget that this is something we still want.