test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Tuvok missions.

shadowravin101shadowravin101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Ten Forward
OKi oki,

Can someone here help me understand this situation a little better please?

I remember watching voyager off and on for most of its running time. However, most notably END GAME.

the final two parter in the shows history. Now as i recall Tuvok was (in the time line before janeway goes to the past) is mental unstable and institutionalized. hens unfit for duty.

however I understand that temporal mechanics is at play here and that infact janeway was successful in getting her PAST crew home, saving seven and im assuming tuvok as well?

hoping not to have answered my own question thou that would be nice, and solidify the reasoning for seeing him cast for this mission.

I don't have an issue with this so much as this is more of "but i thought" moment XD. running this threw my head with what understanding i have of the star trek universe.

thank all CHEERS!!
Post edited by shadowravin101 on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The disease that afflicted Tuvok was curable in the Alpha Quadrant, but in the original timeline he was still stuck in the Delta Quadrant when it began to take hold. Since the timeline was altered to allow Voyager to get home sooner, he was able to cure it before it became irreversible.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OKi oki,

Can someone here help me understand this situation a little better please?

I remember watching voyager off and on for most of its running time. However, most notably END GAME.

the final two parter in the shows history. Now as i recall Tuvok was (in the time line before janeway goes to the past) is mental unstable and institutionalized. hens unfit for duty.

however I understand that temporal mechanics is at play here and that infact janeway was successful in getting her PAST crew home, saving seven and im assuming tuvok as well?

hoping not to have answered my own question thou that would be nice, and solidify the reasoning for seeing him cast for this mission.

I don't have an issue with this so much as this is more of "but i thought" moment XD. running this threw my head with what understanding i have of the star trek universe.

thank all CHEERS!!

In a nut shell...

Janeway goes back...

Tells Herself about Tuvok...

Janeway asks Tuvok, He tells her the only cure is in Alpha Quadrant with a mind meld with a Family member..

Future and present Janeway defeat Borg queen etc allowing Voyager to get home...

This Stops voyager spending 33 yrs in Delta and in turn allows Tuvok to get the cure....

soooo this allows Tuvok to become Admiral in new FE mission
    JtaDmwW.png
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "but i thought..?" has been asked many times with some of the storylines in STO, i think it could be just a "wow its Tuvok!" story, put together for the fans. i haven't played it yet, so i think ill leave this thread alone to prevent spoilers before i can ^^
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    "but i thought..?" has been asked many times with some of the storylines in STO, i think it could be just a "wow its Tuvok!" story, put together for the fans. i haven't played it yet, so i think ill leave this thread alone to prevent spoilers before i can ^^

you wont be disappointed matey,...

I LOVED IT!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • shadowravin101shadowravin101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OH that's right i remember now. Janeway did mention tuvoks illness. Its been a while and im not the best at lore. Thanks for the help guys XD
  • veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    soooo this allows Tuvok to become Admiral in new FE mission

Not to derail the thread, but is anyone else bothered by the fact that a lvl 50 character has a higher rank than Tuvok?
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    veryth12 wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread, but is anyone else bothered by the fact that a lvl 50 character has a higher rank than Tuvok?
    We are Vice Admirals, which is the rank right before Admiral.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At least we're not being forced to carry the "Idiot Ball" in that mission. Unlike another mission where we know what's going on, but can't question the admiral we're questioning about it...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We are Vice Admirals, which is the rank right before Admiral.

His pips show him as rear admiral lower. It's common to call all admirals and generals simply that when it's not necessary to formally indicate their full rank (I noticed he also calls you simply "Admiral," rather than "Vice Admiral")

However, he's not the one giving the orders. He bows to the player's judgement on preparation for the Voth attack, even if the player shows awful judgement (except to point out that he can't recommend that course of action). After the Dyson's captain is killed, he yields command of the Dyson to you.

The only time he overrules you is if you refuse to shut down the jump station and risk opening another gateway, and he only does that because, as he says, the order has already been given, and "At all costs" doesn't mean, "Oh, that cost? yeah, not that cost."
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014