test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello I just found a bug with STO gateway when i try to see my obelisk carrier in it nothing shows but an image of the ship but every other ship i have * Breen ships etc* show up please help I use Mozilla firefox web browser
  • seraphtcseraphtc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying to log in to Gateway, but I'm not receiving the email verification code. My details are absolutely correct, and the account is working fine (I've just tested it using an account with a different provider).

Using Firefox 26.0 (not that I think that should matter).

EDIT: It worked. The email just took approx 20mins to arrive - in which time ofc it timed out. Logging back in with the same code seems to have worked, and the email confirming access and saving the browser arrived promptly.
  • disnattendisnatten Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not displayed character's appearance editor. What do I do?
    screenshoot: http://i.imgur.com/JWxajYX.jpg
  • korn#3566 korn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For new players appearance menu does not work (already about 1.5 months),
    http://i40.tinypic.com/24pewj6.jpg
    -
    costumes menu does not work,
    http://i44.tinypic.com/o57zo8.jpg
    -
    anomalies mini-game does not appear,
    -
    dilithium mini-game does not appear.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2m6l9nt.jpg
  • usslockhartusslockhart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm on Chrome and it keeps telling me I've either disconnected from the server or it's timed out when I try to load anything.
  • disnattendisnatten Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Today, frequent disconnections from the server ... If this continues until the evening (in Russian) I can not get to the Giveaway. This is in addition to the fact that I went through all the episodes in the past month without being able to change the appearance of the character and collect anomalies (mini-games are not available) ... This is very bad ... Also I have not received "Obelisk carrier" after passing the quest ...
    P.S Sorry for my bad english
  • korn#3566 korn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for doing nothing, guys. Funny anniversary with invisible costumes, appearance, mining - with all this funny bugs.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    disnatten wrote: »
    Today, frequent disconnections from the server ... If this continues until the evening (in Russian) I can not get to the Giveaway. This is in addition to the fact that I went through all the episodes in the past month without being able to change the appearance of the character and collect anomalies (mini-games are not available) ... This is very bad ... Also I have not received "Obelisk carrier" after passing the quest ...
    P.S Sorry for my bad english

You are in the wrong thread. You mean the Launcher.
    sailor5th wrote: »
    Thanks for doing nothing, guys. Funny anniversary with invisible costumes, appearance, mining - with all this funny bugs.

You too it seems.

The Gateway is a Website where you can look into your character's informations.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't log into Gateway because, for some reason, I'm not getting the email until two hours later. (By which time, of course, the code has expired.)
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On the Ship Systems, Gateway now only shows the silhouette of the TOS Constellation class ship, instead of the image of my ship.

This was true for my Fed toon, my Romulan toon, and my Klingon toon (WTF? Klingons with a Constellation class ship??? :P)

I tested with both IE 11 and Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.

In Personnel Files, Bridge officers only show silhouettes instead of the actual image they used to show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    sailor5th wrote: »
    For new players appearance menu does not work (already about 1.5 months),
    http://i40.tinypic.com/24pewj6.jpg
    -
    costumes menu does not work,
    http://i44.tinypic.com/o57zo8.jpg
    -
    anomalies mini-game does not appear,
    -
    dilithium mini-game does not appear.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2m6l9nt.jpg

You're in the wrong thread. This thread is for this:

http://gateway.startrekonline.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sorry wrong person.
    edited January 2014
    No, it times out all together for me. The only thing I can do is launch the game. I cannot log in. It says the connection has timed out and makes me have to retype my log in credentials, only for it to time out again. I thought the shard maintenance was finished....
    edited January 2014
    I left a post earlier. But I think I need to revise it.

I don't know what happened, but it I've looked everything over on my end and everything seems ok. I think the servers had some kind of emergency shutdown without reason. The website even says the servers are down.

Knowing this, I feel like the enterprise having to go through an emergency stop. I cannot go past the log in screen. So I am hoping it is fixed soon. I do not want to miss out on the 4ht anniversary benefits, like the free captains outfit from TOS. And I don't want to miss out on the Q missions.

Below it how I felt then STO just went offline on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmUeGxTMGpw&feature=player_detailpage#t=9
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mision: coliseum on KDF character.
    When I get to a post where I need to reconfigute power for the satelite. I come to it and interaction button comes on I click it to inpit the code. It gets accepted then click exit. Interaction button disapears and doesn't reappeare again. aYou can click on the station you can look at it you can even dance in front of it if you can it doesn't appeare. Without reconfiguring this can't go forward so story is stuck and I don't fancy skipping this mision.
    Any ideas?
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Mision: coliseum on KDF character.
    When I get to a post where I need to reconfigute power for the satelite. I come to it and interaction button comes on I click it to inpit the code. It gets accepted then click exit. Interaction button disapears and doesn't reappeare again. aYou can click on the station you can look at it you can even dance in front of it if you can it doesn't appeare. Without reconfiguring this can't go forward so story is stuck and I don't fancy skipping this mision.
    Any ideas?

It's shifted up higher into the air. Try jumping or standing on top of the override console beside it and you'll see what I mean. I completed the mission today by standing on that console I just mentioned. And it's on all factions as far as I can tell, as I was on one of my Feds.
  • jatario1986jatario1986 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I now have over 800 Lobi crystals to purchase this ship, but the Lobi store won't sell me the ship. It appears to be glitched, as I go to complete the purchase, but nothing happens. No ship, no crystals deducted...just nothing.

Here's what I do:
    1. Open the Lobi Store (from the lobi store button or by going to Drozana Station).
    2. It shows 812 Lobi crystals in my balance.
    3. I double click the ship or click it once then click ok on the bottom.
    4. Popup confirmation window comes up and I click ok to complete the sale.
    5. Nothing happens!

Please help! I've spent a while saving up for this thing!
  • elfandspartanelfandspartan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can someone tell me why the character editor is trying to charge me Zen to use the female Romulan Republic Uppers?
  • darthmokydarthmoky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have finally reached lvl 50 with my Federation character, and I?m unable tu buy lvl 50 ships... I have 500 unspent skill points which I can not spend because they don?t fit anywhere. So = I can?t buy end game ships, I don?t know why... Its kind of gamebreaking bug... If you can help, I would really be happy. Thank you. Live long and prosper
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I now have over 800 Lobi crystals to purchase this ship, but the Lobi store won't sell me the ship. It appears to be glitched, as I go to complete the purchase, but nothing happens. No ship, no crystals deducted...just nothing.

Here's what I do:
    1. Open the Lobi Store (from the lobi store button or by going to Drozana Station).
    2. It shows 812 Lobi crystals in my balance.
    3. I double click the ship or click it once then click ok on the bottom.
    4. Popup confirmation window comes up and I click ok to complete the sale.
    5. Nothing happens!

Please help! I've spent a while saving up for this thing!
    Can someone tell me why the character editor is trying to charge me Zen to use the female Romulan Republic Uppers?
    darthmoky wrote: »
    I have finally reached lvl 50 with my Federation character, and I?m unable tu buy lvl 50 ships... I have 500 unspent skill points which I can not spend because they don?t fit anywhere. So = I can?t buy end game ships, I don?t know why... Its kind of gamebreaking bug... If you can help, I would really be happy. Thank you. Live long and prosper

Guys, why did you post this in here? This is the thread about the mobile Info page about your characters. Post your problems and questions in the faction specific threads.
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry about that, I'm am very confused where I should be putting this. Can you direct me to the thread for general game play glitch reporting?
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Because romulan clothing choices seams to be bugged. It is same at tailor later, for some clothing you have access to they still try to charge you zetas when you want to use them.

Can only hope they are working on it....:rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Support side at STO seams to be bugged now.

Can access any other side at site, but that one always get to many redirect and then fail to go to right side. Have tried it with firefox, explorer and chrome with same result. Tried to fix it by removing all cookies and reopen support side but same thing happened.

Don't know if your support is overwhelmed or something, but the in game replies that one is to use the sites support as well as that they send reply to email for account is a bit useless. Have only got actual replies from site and never from in game so far, and that was when I could actually get to the sites support. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • mikwe2mikwe2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    why do my ship deployed devices (torpedo platforms and heavy satallite turrets) often not fire at any targets the entire time they are spawned?
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry about that, I'm am very confused where I should be putting this. Can you direct me to the thread for general game play glitch reporting?

Does this even exist? It seems the only proper way for me to report my glitch is to create a new thread about it in the bug reporting section...except...I apparently don't have access to that feature because I'm too new or something went wrong. So is there another place to report general glitches?

Furthermore, I'm not as new as my "Join Date" suggests. I joined last spring, not this month.
    edited February 2014
    mikwe2 wrote: »
    why do my ship deployed devices (torpedo platforms and heavy satallite turrets) often not fire at any targets the entire time they are spawned?

This thread is for issues dealing with the STO Gateway--you need to check the title of the thread before posting something completely unrelated. Ask your question in the appropriate place, and you will more likely get an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gateway Issues

The last few days I've been using Gateway and the following issues have been occurring with the images.

-Some of the officers have the wrong officer pictured (some characters have the same officers image copied for every officer)

- Some of the officers have no image at all (just the little icon that indicates a broken image)

- Some of the officers as well as my ships are missing texture and only show white

- My characters don't show, only the generic outline

- All of the renders are very low quality renders

I am currently using Google Chrome 32.0.1700.107

However, I also popped onto Internet Explorer and my phone's Chrome browser and they both showed the same issues.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • ness7891ness7891 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm new here and I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm kind of frustrated right now. Simply because I keep getting a CHARACTER CREATION FAILED message every time I try to make a new character. I have done this about three times, and it's getting annoying. I just want to start playing. Is there any solution for this? Please help.
    edited February 2014
    ness7891 wrote: »
    I'm new here and I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm kind of frustrated right now. Simply because I keep getting a CHARACTER CREATION FAILED message every time I try to make a new character. I have done this about three times, and it's getting annoying. I just want to start playing. Is there any solution for this? Please help.

You posted to the wrong place--this thread is for Gateway issues (http://gateway.startrekonline.com). You'll have more success going someplace related to your problem, such as here: https://support.arcgames.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Gateway issue to report:

The ssl certificate has expired. Expired today. Time to renew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.