test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recent sound stuttering in space fleet actions

genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Not sure if anyone else has started to experience this, but when in fleet actions with lots of mobs (e.g. Starbase 24) firing at the same time I'm getting stuttering in the sound. If only a few ships are present it does not happen. This would suggest some sort of lag, but I'm not experiencing any graphics lag.

Not sure when this started exactly as I've been doing a lot of Dyson Sphere stuff, but it definitely wasn't doing this before Season 8.
Post edited by genemorph on

Comments

• dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It started with the season 8 patch. Hope they're working on a fix.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,174 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    genemorph wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else has started to experience this, but when in fleet actions with lots of mobs (e.g. Starbase 24) firing at the same time I'm getting stuttering in the sound. If only a few ships are present it does not happen. This would suggest some sort of lag, but I'm not experiencing any graphics lag.

Not sure when this started exactly as I've been doing a lot of Dyson Sphere stuff, but it definitely wasn't doing this before Season 8.

Yeah I have been getting it too. In Starbase 24 as you hasve said and also in Crystaline Entity aswell.
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm seeing this as well, on any space map with mass combat (large numbers of ships/mobs)

Along with the sound stuttering, I'm seeing a great deal of lag during the combat, and after any battle where this comes up, my sound (in the game) is borked until I exit the game and reload via the launcher.
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    genemorph wrote: »

Yep i hear it as well, even reported it but still no fix yet

Weapons sound choppy since Season 8 Patch
    I even haz a video showing the game and how it sounds
    ogew7.jpg
  • wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was fine till this morning. now my sound is skipping like crazy. checked every other game..its just star trek. I want to shoot myself due to the frustration I've experienced since this update. Why hype it so much if you know its going to fall flat on its face on deployment?
  • encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having this problem aswell but evrywhere and randomly nto jsut fleet actions
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's probably just too much going on at once for the game to handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if the game has an effective upper limit on the number of simultaneous sounds and you're running into it, since it tends to only be an issue on maps with more than your typical five maximum.