test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs: Satra, Hiven, Veril and D?Vex (and Tovan). A Request.

bane1987bane1987 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I don't want to bore anyone with a wall of text, so?

To The Point 1: Be Able to Re-Obtain BOffs; Satra, Hiven, Veril and D'Vex.
To The Point 2: Edit Tovan Bio.
---
(Added 02-14-2014) To The Point 3: Edit Nelen Exil (+All BOffs) Bio.
---

Note: This is Not a Request to make Satra, Hiven, Veril and D'Vex Un-Dischargeable, nor is it a request to be able to Discharge Tovan or be able to Change his Name. (Discuss Elsewhere!)

---

Update: 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM - Official Response.
Seems reasonable on all accounts, I'll look into if it's possible to do. No promises though. :)
– Akh i-Ra’tleihfi tr’Illialhlae – R.R.W. Khallianen – IDIC Rihannsu
– Stivan – V.S.S. Dutarik – IDIC Rihannsu
– Ra’khoi – I.R.W. Taortuu’en – KDF Rihannsu
– Jonathan Masters – U.S.S. Timot Danlen – IDIC Rihannsu
Post edited by bane1987 on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    FAQ

Q: Why Do You Want Them? (Amended in Response to #5)
    A: I recently became interested in the story and they are part of the story. I Know they are not Top in Terms of Performance, but my Interest has switched from pure Top Quality BOffs/DOffs/Equipment to the Story.

Q: Why Did You Discharge Them?
    A: When I started playing this game, it was purely a rapid progression through the Episodes, skipping all dialogue and thus when I decided to upgrade equipment DOffs and BOffs, I didn't realizing the significance of these BOffs.

Q: Why Don't You Just Recreate Them? (Amended in Response to #4)
    A: The BOffs have their own unique combination of Traits and Costume Pieces (Saved Outfits Don't Work), so not possible.

Q: Why Not Start A New Toon?
    A: Firstly the BOffs are Bound so untradeable and Secondly to Start anew to have these BOffs after putting time into my current Toon, and all the Episodes/EC/Dil/CXP/Accolades/Equipment, I don't see this as an option.

Q: Why Should They Be Re-Obtainable?
    A: I can Re-Obtain the Jem'Hadar and Breen BOffs (and now the Klingon Tutorial BOff is re-obtainable), so why not these. Plus I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want them back and like me they may currently have no spare BOff Slots and BOff Slots=Zen=$$$.

Q: How About Upgraded Versions (And A Tovan Like Non-Discharge)? (Amended in Response to #6,#10)
    A: Upgraded (Scaling) Versions I disagree with, as it is unlikely that the first 5 People you bump into are going to be Highly Skilled. To find highly skilled people you would need to actively seek them out i.e. like a DOff Assignment. Missions to Upgrade is a Good Suggestion though [Credit: skollulfr]. (Not asking to make these BOffs Un-Dischargeable).

Q: Why Do You Want To Edit Tovan's and Nelen Exil's Bio? (Amended in Response to #5) (Updated 02-14-2014)
    A: I filled in all other BOff Bios, so would like to fill theirs. (I’m not asking to be able to change names, just bio kinda like on the Captain). I don’t see how being able to edit his Bio would affect his Integration as his Backstory and Dialogue are already set and not pulled from Player Created Bios.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is one of the best request posts I have ever seen. :eek:
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you can try starting a new romulan char and level it up until you have them (it should be quick), then save the outfits and try to load them on your current romulan boffs , it might work
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1) You will NEVER be able to edit ANYTHING on Tovan, short of his appearance. You will also never be able to discharge him. The devs have been very clear on this.

According to either Archon or Adjucator (forget which), they said he was too integrated into the Romulan storyline for there to ever be a way to discharge him. I assume that goes with editing his name and bio as well.

As for the other three? As performance goes, they're all pathetic. Seriously. It's sad almost. BUT... from an RP/story perspective, sorry to say, you're SoL if you discharged them. They are one time rewards from missions, and you're supposed to hold into them before you realize exactly how weak and sad they are and shoot them out the airlock in disgust (like I did).
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a request too... make it look like an accident.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i just want to be able to put verils unique uniform pieces on a purple quality reman.

that or loyalty style missions like the like the cardie datapad or crazy vulcan clone missions where they go in green & come out purple.
    these could also double as a "re-aquire" mission for those that discharged them.(make them bind on pickup to avoid market spamming.)

Loyalty missions to upgrade boffs would be awesome. Seconded!
  • Options
    kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i just want to be able to put verils unique uniform pieces on a purple quality reman.

that or loyalty style missions like the like the cardie datapad or crazy vulcan clone missions where they go in green & come out purple.
    these could also double as a "re-aquire" mission for those that discharged them.(make them bind on pickup to avoid market spamming.)

Great idea OP and so is Loyalty Missions to upgrade them !
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You should be able to replay the episodes you obtained them in at level 30 and get them in blue as replacements, and again at 50 for purple versions.

Honestly I love the storyline team, i even use them as my ground away team (they actually have a really good set of ground traits and skills by default for a team made up of just the original four) but the fact you get them at green only really gimps them for later.

Satra and Tovan are still operatives so they are still good for space until you can replace them with the really expensive SROs, and Dvex/Hivan are BEASTS on the ground. Veril is the only infiltrator youre "given" by the game, the rest you have to find elsewhere.

As a final say, Tovan Khevs ground traits are by far the best on any ground tac I have ever seen. He does amazing damage with plasma weapons. Neither Elisa Flores or Kgan can hold a candle to him as your away teams Tac. Sure you might be able to find something else, but by DEFAULT? Tovan is the man.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Tovan is by far the best Away Team member of my crew too. My other BOffs tend to get their heads blown off if they make it to the fight and not get stuck behind random bits of scenery, whilst Tovan gets on with the job.
  • Options
    ccmurphyccmurphy Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i like the idea of the loyalty missions, something small to reintroduce the characters if you dismissed them or to just upgrade them. that being said it would also be awesome if this effected the way they act around you. instead of addressing you as your rank they would start to address you as your nickname. of course it could be toggled off.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support loyalty mission to upgrade them, or as mentioned by a previous poster, replay the original missions to have them upgraded first to blue, then purple. This would work particularly well if there were different tiered traits. Green would be basic, while at purple upgrade, it becomes the superior verison.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    You should be able to replay the episodes you obtained them in at level 30 and get them in blue as replacements, and again at 50 for purple versions.

VERY cool idea here :)
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with this. Being able to claim them again would be nice.
    But also unlocking their unique costume pieces so we can use them ourselves or use them on other boffs would be nice.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ccmurphy wrote: »
    i like the idea of the loyalty missions, something small to reintroduce the characters if you dismissed them or to just upgrade them. that being said it would also be awesome if this effected the way they act around you. instead of addressing you as your rank they would start to address you as your nickname. of course it could be toggled off.

I support this idea for the entire game, not just the RR...

At first, I was against it, as most Romulans from the shows were very oriented on protocol / rank, then I remembered that the crew we're talking about is the "rag tag fugitive crew"... :P

Be very fitting for the fairly informal KDF, and alright on the Fed side... Though I can only see two of my captains using this feature...

Though if it was to be implemented, instead of using the Captain's nickname, could it be a blank on the BOff's Bio screen that we fill in? I have an Orion Diplo BOff that might have a slightly more "endearing" term for her CO than the rest of the crew would use, and I could see RPers having that disgruntled crewman that "absolutely hates" the Captain but is stuck on ship because said Captain won't sign the reassignment papers (This might actually wind up being my Reman with Tovan, due to his "undismissability"...)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,404 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tovan likes to lunge in away team combat. Give him a blade. He kicks Elachi butt.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support the idea of 'upgrading' our Story BOffs. They have unique costume pieces and some great skills combinations. The only problem being (as a PvPer) they're not SROs. If I could get a way of upgrading them to SROs, I would never dismiss them or buy other BOffs (probably a tac or 2 though).

I dislike Tovan because he takes up a valuable BOff slot, and isn't an SRO. As well as his penchant for deciding he's my sci officer, my engineering officer, and/or my tactical officer, when he is in fact none of these. He's not in my bridge crew, away team, or DOff 'Department Heads' list, yet insists on popping up instead of the BOff in that position...

But, if he was 'upgraded' to an SRO, then I would happily keep him, with all sins forgiven!

As it stands, my Away Team for my two Rommies consists of Veril, Satra, Borg Engineer, and Reman Borg. I've gotten the Borg as legacy items (my original Lib Borg Rommie has an all Borg/Android away team), and I do find their traits useful.

TIm
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seems reasonable on all accounts, I'll look into if it's possible to do. No promises though. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Regardless of the Outcome, Thanks for Reading and Investigating.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When I submitted the idea for the crew system, it was supposed to make your BOFFS feel more permanent, by having a interior uniform per class, having a placement tool and indicating certain titles among your bridge crew and their interior placement and roles, having the lower decks that benefited the space and ground powers ( that is now the DOFF system), also including training (BOFF exchange) to maintain your crew and to have them stay with you throughout the STO experience (not to air lock them for anything better that comes along).

Training for BOFFS (in energy credits) is not a social event, it needs reworked to train, transfer, or trade, ideally to train bound officers and other lvl3 powers all commissioned officers should be able to transfer between characters on the same account, and non specialty officers should also be able to be traded as between Captains as it currently occurs to keep a social option available, and maybe have a exchange for recruitment separate from the exchange, at ESD and SF Academy next to the BOFF skills trainer that can replace Elsa Mora or have her as a split contact for this exchange for energy credits for recruitment. This will keep more of a emphasis in retaining BOFFS, and incentive to buy more BOFF slots from the C- Store, win for all.

Thank you. :) P.S. Dan Stahl agreed with my suggestion he said to look for something similar around season 7ish for the BOFF training..... still looking :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bane1987 wrote: »
    Regardless of the Outcome, Thanks for Reading and Investigating.

Agreed. Thanks for considering it.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I mostly like that the story boffs have unique costume pieces, but what I wouldn't give to pick up Satra's (the Rom female Science Boff, I changed her name) short medical jacket. I love that look and want to put it on all my "medic" boffs.

For ground Away teams I use my story boffs, except Tovan, since I'm able to change the names of the others, and I'm already a tac and don't need an extra :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    After recently Commissioning Nelen Exil, I found his Bio un-editable like Tovan's, so have ammened my initial request.