test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic - Thanks for the FREE C-Store items.

psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
Cryptic,

I'm making this post to say THANKS! for the FREE C-Store items that were given away to EVERYONE this week. Since I have been playing since Beta I was only able to to enjoy this giveaway on the second day because over the course of my playing I had already received these items by a prior giveaway or by purchasing myself, but I'm still very appreciative of the gesture and what to openly say THANKS!!!!!!

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY and I"m looking forward to playing this game for a long time ...

Please keep this thread clean, Please no griping (sp) (Gripe & ing) .... Let just have a nice thread!!!

THANKS!!!!!
Post edited by psytce0002 on

Comments

• Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, great job! Finally, a season with a bunch of bug fixes and UI improvements, as well as more ship slots! This is exactly what hardcore players needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aye, thank ye muchly. Whilst I probably won't use the majority of what was given away (Though one of my BOFF's has expressed an interest in unleashing the Horta), having the option is always nice.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for making this post. Yes, thank you for the give-aways Cryptic.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Agreed. I love STO and am very thankful for everything we received this week! However, I was not able to accept the Sabre Retrofit on my Romulan nor the Raptor Retorfit on my Klingon. These characters werent LC/Cmdr ranks yet, but I thought they would beable to receive the item as a requisition box so that it could be opened when they reached the appropriate rank.

All in all I'm happy - just wish my lower ranked characters could have received the ships. As cool as it is to have a Sabre Retofit - doesnt really help much being a VA Fed - but my rom fed could use it when he hits rank 11. Same with my Klingon when he reaches 21 and would have the Raptor to fly :(

Oh well, some of the items are better than none.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thank you for the giveaways cryptic!
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Last time they gave out a tier 5 ship on the last day. Even though it's the most unpopular and unused ship, it's still useable in theory. The noob boats this time are not.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hey free is free but yea the only thing ill use out of it is on the Klingon side that bio torp.
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Cryptic :)
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    Last time they gave out a tier 5 ship on the last day. Even though it's the most unpopular and unused ship, it's still useable in theory. The noob boats this time are not.

So you can never, ever create a new character, use the free ship to level, then pinch its console to use after?
  • Options
    es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    psytce0002 wrote: »
    Cryptic,

I'm making this post to say THANKS! for the FREE C-Store items that were given away to EVERYONE this week. Since I have been playing since Beta I was only able to to enjoy this giveaway on the second day because over the course of my playing I had already received these items by a prior giveaway or by purchasing myself, but I'm still very appreciative of the gesture and what to openly say THANKS!!!!!!

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY and I"m looking forward to playing this game for a long time ...

Please keep this thread clean, Please no griping (sp) (Gripe & ing) .... Let just have a nice thread!!!

THANKS!!!!!

FB post....just saying!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I too was impressed with what they've given this year, these were very nice actually!
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll echo this.

I'm glad for the horta, and for the bridge packs, and for the TOS dress uniforms I have yet to claim. I appreciate the ships, which is why I had already bought them. :D

My boys were happy to get the hortas, bridge packs, and the free Gladius. They love watching what we refer to as the "Afterburner" console and they were happy that they would be getting one for their own ships. :)

I do not overlook the fact that these are free, no-fuss, account-wide unlocks that may be useful every single time I decide to roll a new character.

Thanks!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'll echo this.

I'm glad for the horta, and for the bridge packs, and for the TOS dress uniforms I have yet to claim. I appreciate the ships, which is why I had already bought them. :D

My boys were happy to get the hortas, bridge packs, and the free Gladius. They love watching what we refer to as the "Afterburner" console and they were happy that they would be getting one for their own ships. :)

I do not overlook the fact that these are free, no-fuss, account-wide unlocks that may be useful every single time I decide to roll a new character.

Thanks!

You actually brought these? These are the worst consoles that nobody buys, that's why they can give them out for free.:P
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL. I really get amazed with you guys. The way cryptic is acting, they should give you free cstore items every week. But you guys are too naive to see that. There is no need to say thanks to cryptic for that, seriously.. lol. But well, maybe cryptic feels better if you say something nice to them.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SO.. REFRESHING... :eek:
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You actually brought these? These are the worst consoles that nobody buys, that's why they can give them out for free.:P

Isn't the "afterburner" the impulse capacitance cell (or something like that). Dude if thats the case, that is not useless at all.. .in fact it is the opossite. And u cant buy that, as far as i know. But of course, there will be always better universal consoles.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Isn't the "afterburner" the impulse capacitance cell (or something like that). Dude if thats the case, that is not useless at all.. .in fact it is the opossite. And u cant buy that, as far as i know. But of course, there will be always better universal consoles.

It's another gtfo skill that has 3 min cooldown, a charge up timer, and wastes a slot, overlapping with 3 that already exist, plus batteries.

These gemmick consoles are never good. The best consoles are passive, like plasmonic leech and valodore console.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play a romulan.. their freebies totally excluded my characters race..That sucked major effin weenies. No thanks to cryptic at all from me.. They can suck eggs till they start treating those of us who play romulans, like regular players..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wanna get in on this by also saying a BIG THANK YOU Cryptic for your continuing generosity. I don't know of any other F2P MMO that gives out free items that you'd normally have to pay for, on a frequent basis.

Ignore the naysayers and the Love2Haters who can't appreciate what you do. You don't have to do these things but you do it anyway and most of us really do appreciate it.

Once again, thank you Cryptic for your constant generosity!

LLAP! :)
  • Options
    ivanlzivanlz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And thanks for making a game that is ACTUALLY free to play.

Though I did feel the need to blow cash on it when I got my new job. Tis the sort of thing that happens when you make an enjoyable game. Love the two new stfs btw. Though I do demand more!

Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I wanna get in on this by also saying a BIG THANK YOU Cryptic for your continuing generosity. I don't know of any other F2P MMO that gives out free items that you'd normally have to pay for, on a frequent basis.

Ignore the naysayers and the Love2Haters who can't appreciate what you do. You don't have to do these things but you do it anyway and most of us really do appreciate it.

Once again, thank you Cryptic for your constant generosity!

LLAP! :)
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The build up to the event was nice.

I'm not all that into the science destroyers so I'm not sure I'm going to grind for them. No big deal, it's just they don't really tickle my fancy as far as ships go. Not even for my Romulan. So I hope those that like them get them and enjoy them.

But the Defiant bridges were ones I had wanted off and on in the past. So getting them for free? That was cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014

These consoles suck so much nobody paid for them. Which was the point.:D
  • Options
    cristo81cristo81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes,

Thank you Cryptic for the free C- Store items. Both generous and thoughtful, especially for those passionate players who mat not have the time nor the money to even considering window shopping!!!

An avid fan of Star Trek Online.
    Elite Vice Admiral Cristo
    Fleet Task Force 69 - Junior Officer
    Federation Ambassador and War Hero
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    These consoles suck so much nobody paid for them. Which was the point.:D

STO players had the "option" to pay for these items but Cryptic gave them away FREE for a limited period. So, what was your point again? :cool:
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also realized something.

For a few years now I've had a legitimate beef with the company. I had purchased the Tellarites, Rigellians, Pakleds and Ferengi way back before the game went F2P.

And they were made free.

And I raged. Boy did I rage. I felt like I was done wrong. Because there was no compensation. There was even kind of a nonchalant reply from Stormshade about the issue. Which really grinded my gears since you know, I paid for those things with real money and felt like my concerns were belittled by customer support.

Well this four year anniversary pre-event squashed that beef. Completely. The free stuff I got pretty much goes beyond the cost of those races I paid for. Heck I think the two ships alone more than covered the races, if I remember the pricing correctly (Ferengi were like under 100 cryptic points, you know before there were zen).

And that's made me realize that most of my other gripes with the company have been smoothed out a little bit or I just stop caring about.

Command powers with cruisers are interesting and help address some of my cruiser gripes.

I gave up caring about the T5 Connie. I still think Geko is warped in his Trek tastes and it shows in the ship evolution of this game and that bias if I dwell on it too much does still bug me. But meh, I can now fly the few ships I do like well enough that I'm ok.

The Klingons finally got turned back into a full faction. They still need work, but huge strides were made.

The insanity that was Gozer's design for end-game content was stomped out of STFs by Perfect World. Sure they turned it into a mind numbing rep grind. But at least it was open to anyone and everyone to take part in without having to stress too much. And the content stopped being so god awful buggy.

Romulans got made. Maybe not the way I would have done it. But they got made. And while I joke about the farmboy motif that they took, I do kind of dig it as well.

Starbases suck bananas. But they got made too.

I wish the DOFF system got a lot more love and attention and some new evolution. I really like the DOFF system and use it on all my characters.

Diplomacy is still a huge joke, but at its basic core it shows this game has tried to embrace the Trek aspects of Trek.

And I just completed a Romulan mission that involved almost no combat and was actually somewhat heavy on the story and the interaction and puzzle solving. And it wasn't an annoying puzzle like the Deferi/Breen pyramid puzzle that bugs me everytime I replay it.

Again playing up some of the strengths of this game.

I also took my old main out of mothballs. Put him back into a cruiser. Am trying an A2B build (though it needs work and I need better DOFFs). And had fun with it.

I'm wary. But I'm also a lot less cynical right now.

That half empty glass has the POTENTIAL to be 1/4 empty. That's kind of a new feeling for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sevenatsevenat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks guys. Neat stuff... even if i dont care for some of it.
  • Options
    cptcustardcptcustard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought that this week there where going to be some C-Store giveaways....so far I have not had anything despite checking the C-store daily since Thursday.

Is there any reason as to why?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My sig might imply differently, but I am generally grateful for this anniversary. The gameplay of the FE was quite impressive and Tarkaram is easily my favorite original STO character. Coupled with the extra promotions, the additional FE gear, new defiant class customization options, the kahn costume, and at the end of the lesser aspects some pretty nifty ships to explore the delta quadrant with (assuming that's S9, we did make a pretty big hole leading out that way), this has been a pretty cool thing.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!