test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks and will have you back in-game very soon (10-15 min). Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awesome Bran, thanks for the update
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • toctiktoctik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    squadalaxd wrote: »
    Spend some money for new servers already for **** sake. Always the same ****.

Or hell, you know, there's these sites called rackspace, squarespace too I think.. You Devs should know you can't hope to hold back the flood of foaming at the mouth star trek junkies on the days you release new FE's like 10 new ships, new weapons, events, giveaways.. if you can't afford the logistics of new permanent servers, why not RENT a few for the big days? :mad:
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon - thank you for the update. It's appreciated. :):D

askray - thank you for sorting out the spam problem. There is nothing more annoying when checking the forums for information than to find tons and tons of spam. If I wanted to read wikipedia I would have gone to wikipedia. :P;)
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks and will have you back in-game very soon (10-15 min). Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Should have done a Scotty and said another half hour. ;):D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i hope once they bring it back online, we get a few extra days, for the Q event
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • terpesterpes Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    On one hand I don't agree with the grinding, in the other hand we need to expect this crash to happen due to the amount of changes. Hopefully we get this situation fixed and I know the devs will do anything necessary to give us an extension if they deem that many players got the shaft specially the European guys.

I think that someone just "tripped" over the wires at the server area and we all could get compensated somehow, I am a dreamer so I say hey Cryptic give us the ship totally and absolutely free as a token of your eternal appreciation for us your customers. :D

As a LT subscriber, I totally agree. Free ship, free ship, free ship!!!
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Take your time. Take the time to make sure the servers are stable and able to handle the load. We can wait... Well, most of us at least! lol.

Keep up the good work guys! ;)
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ryuuenjin wrote: »
    that's sooner than the forecasted 70 minutes. neat!

Don't say that ... It'll go down and they'll need to spend the rest of the time fixing the fix of the fix that the patch put in....
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon, That was one hell of a crash!
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • jbarn35jbarn35 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My condolences to everyone who was in the middle of the missions when it went down.:(

Just finished "A Step Between Stars" and got back to ESD when it went down. Hopefully I won't lose anything.

Great mission, excellent new ship. Can't wait to get it. Already completed both Q missions and 440 towards the ship. Until tomorrow....

Now I just need to refine my 8000 Dilithium for today. :P

I wonder if anyone has thought about giving both Worf and Tuvok as bridge officer options?
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sin99 wrote: »
    it is rather pathetic isn't it?

Its a major reason i just avoid political discussion/racial discussion most of the time. I am not a robot and have my own views. With the new level of hypersensitive indoctrination happening in the last couple of generations I am quickly becoming either the minority or marginalized.

I am proud of those views and have them for my own reasons from my own experiences.

No mainstream media or advocacy group is going to change those, and if they want to label me out as a bad person for it, they can go take a long walk off of a short pier.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Multiphased gibberish

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • fluffybuttplugfluffybuttplug Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sing along!

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs in the code
    You take one down, patch it around
    117 bugs in the code.
  • cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thegalaxy31, Their servers don't appear to automatically fit THEIR schedules!
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And then there are those hypersensitive to hypersensitivity. Verily, this is a complex game. :P

Will that come with bacon or the pie of the bacon to the pie of the bacon?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But for HOW long??!!

As long as the hamsters don't get tired.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • aweinawein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Batten down the hatches and DAMN the sails!! We be riding this one straight to davey joneses locker!!!
  • schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Now, will the spider monkeys please stop flinging their poo and go back to telling racist jokes in the Zone chat? kthxbai
  • scruffiscruffi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its a major reason i just avoid political discussion/racial discussion most of the time. I am not a robot and have my own views. With the new level of hypersensitive indoctrination happening in the last couple of generations I am quickly becoming either the minority or marginalized.

I am proud of those views and have them for my own reasons from my own experiences.

No mainstream media or advocacy group is going to change those, and if they want to label me out as a bad person for it, they can go take a long walk off of a short pier.

*cheers* *shakes fist at the sky*
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thegalaxy31, Their servers don't appear to automatically fit THEIR schedules!

Servers don't fit anyone's schedule. Unfortunately for everyone who plays STO.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Excellent, the game should be back up by the time I finish patching.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    packled server techs "we look for things to make it go"
    sig.jpg
  • ryuuenjinryuuenjin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    awein wrote: »
    Batten down the hatches and DAMN the sails!! We be riding this one straight to davey joneses locker!!!

every scrap o' duck in the wind!
  • mutati0nmutati0n Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread has been very educational. If Bran is correct the servers will be up when I'm done watching this episode of TNG. Luckily my sci-fi fix continues uninterrupted, though I did start twitching a bit when I realized the login was down. Keep up the good work =) I'll wait while they make sure things hold together
  • gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2014
    hagar3 wrote: »
    Brandon - thank you for the update. It's appreciated. :):D

askray - thank you for sorting out the spam problem. There is nothing more annoying when checking the forums for information than to find tons and tons of spam. If I wanted to read wikipedia I would have gone to wikipedia. :P;)

Yeah. THis forum is desperately missing "report spam/ignore" button, similar to what in-game chat has.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think I know what happened. The servers were up early after the patch, Cryptic are just making the actual downtime match the advertised down time.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jbarn35 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has thought about giving both Worf and Tuvok as bridge officer options?

^^ This! I especially want Tuvok on my squad! (But, it'll never happen sadly. :( )
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This ALWAYS happens.

They need to approach each release like a new game launch if they have to baby the servers so much.

You don't need to let everyone on at once.

What about Gold preferred status? What are we paying for? The chance to wait behind F2P'rs?

Allow Gold status players access first and then slowly add the F2P'rs to maintain server stability.

It's not like you're shorting them something they are paying for.
This discussion has been closed.