test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen bridge? When was this added?

cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
When i got the breen ship during the first time it was offered im sure their was no bridge for whatever reason. With the new bridge packs i claimed for free today i thought id change it from one of the klingon ones i had to a newer klingon one that looked nicer. To my surprise i saw "breen". So picked it and went on my bridge and its not too bad. Tho i wonder when they added it as ive never heard of them adding it through patch notes or anything. Unless they added it because of the breen interceptor they did during last holiday event if they did they could have said they had a new breen bridge which worked on the older breen ship. :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cptskeeteruk on

Comments

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was a rather nice addition that was introduced when the Breen Raider was released for the winter event.
    server_hamster6.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    walked on it once, wasnt that interesting as its just the one room, no corridors or other rooms or other decks...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    walked on it once, wasnt that interesting as its just the one room, no corridors or other rooms or other decks...

We were lucky to get the bridge as there may have been problems doing it before as the interior of a Breen ship has never been seen on scree apart from a holding cell and a small bit of corridor
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Yeah, if you follow the "Huge interiors" thread, Tacofangs basically says bridges are a dead issue, as there's no money in them. Not sure why they're wasting time and according to him, money, designing new ones.
    I'm going with "gift to the players".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well if they made missions that utilized your bridge and adapted based on that bridge you have (not mission objectives but just where points are located, that way you're not "using a console" in thin air) they would probably sell better.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Seriously? They are free ships. I admit I didn't Grind for the new Breen ship this past holiday season. But still.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited January 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Well if they made missions that utilized your bridge and adapted based on that bridge you have (not mission objectives but just where points are located, that way you're not "using a console" in thin air) they would probably sell better.
    I doubt it. It'd be nothing more than a cosmetic difference.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • apocalypsex99apocalypsex99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unless they added it because of the breen interceptor they did during last holiday event if they did they could have said they had a new breen bridge which worked on the older breen ship. :rolleyes:

They added it with the heavy raider... and mentioned it on a blog that was on the main page.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1054921
    The Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider is equipped with the unique Breen Bridge. While visiting your bridge, you will also be able to access your Account Shared Bank, move into a Small Craft, and contact different ship departments for Duty Officer Assignments. This bridge has also been added as a choice for the Breen Chel Grett Warship, in addition to the current factional bridges it has access to.
    edited January 2014
    I doubt it. It'd be nothing more than a cosmetic difference.

so? if a mission was made where I had to be on my bridge or in the transporter room, sick bay, whatever, I want to see my bridge, the sickbay from my ship, ect, not generic or default. Admittedly other than the tos bridge all the decks and rooms on the other bridge packs look the same though, hoping that would change IF they ever decided to expand the uses of bridges.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    someday they'll make the galaxy map more interesting and integrated into your bridge like y'know, Star Trek

a man can dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    wrenfu wrote: »
    someday they'll make the galaxy map more interesting and integrated into your bridge like y'know, Star Trek

a man can dream

seeing as the shows spent 80+% of the time in the halls and rooms of the ship, it would seem logical.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    seeing as the shows spent 80+% of the time in the halls and rooms of the ship, it would seem logical.

This is a game, not altered movie.. or show.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited January 2014
    saxfire wrote: »
    This is a game, not altered movie.. or show.

This is a game based on a show (or skinned to look like a show) but meh, I didn't mean to hijack a thread, I'll make a new one for us to debate the pros and cons.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, if you follow the "Huge interiors" thread, Tacofangs basically says bridges are a dead issue, as there's no money in them. Not sure why they're wasting time and according to him, money, designing new ones.

This is sad...and short-sighted. There may be no money in them because there's nothing TO DO in them.

They only have themselves to blame.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure I understand why this was converted into a sequel to the Huge Interiors thread.
    When I say that "Full Interiors" are not worth the time and effort, I am talking about FULL interiors. That's what that thread was originally discussing.

Bridges are another matter, and nearly every new ship in recent memory has had a custom, dedicated bridge. A single bridge takes a fraction of the time it would take to make full interiors for each of these ships. Bridges are worth it.

Yes, 90% of the show centered around the bridge of your ship. While it might be nice to ponder the world in which this was the game developed to be an online Bridge Commander, in reality, this is not that game.

This is the game where you fly your ship from a 3rd person view. Interiors, as nice as it would be to have them for every ship, take a monstrously long time to flesh out. And, as people are so quick to point out. . . there's nothing to DO there right now anyway.

Yes, this is essentially a catch 22. The interiors we made weren't good, so people don't use them, so we don't make more. That doesn't mean that this won't change in the future. But if we were to suddenly change to focus on bridges and interiors, pretty much all of the story content/seasonal releases would have to be set aside until that was done. That's not something we're doing now. Right now we're focused on more story content because that was what people seemed to be most interested in.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand why this was converted into a sequel to the Huge Interiors thread.
    When I say that "Full Interiors" are not worth the time and effort, I am talking about FULL interiors. That's what that thread was originally discussing.

Bridges are another matter, and nearly every new ship in recent memory has had a custom, dedicated bridge. A single bridge takes a fraction of the time it would take to make full interiors for each of these ships. Bridges are worth it.

Yes, 90% of the show centered around the bridge of your ship. While it might be nice to ponder the world in which this was the game developed to be an online Bridge Commander, in reality, this is not that game.

This is the game where you fly your ship from a 3rd person view. Interiors, as nice as it would be to have them for every ship, take a monstrously long time to flesh out. And, as people are so quick to point out. . . there's nothing to DO there right now anyway.

Yes, this is essentially a catch 22. The interiors we made weren't good, so people don't use them, so we don't make more. That doesn't mean that this won't change in the future. But if we were to suddenly change to focus on bridges and interiors, pretty much all of the story content/seasonal releases would have to be set aside until that was done. That's not something we're doing now. Right now we're focused on more story content because that was what people seemed to be most interested in.

I feel like there's plenty in the game that can be done from the bridge. Clearly not the combat, the combat ship sailed a while ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The Vesta Bridge says hello... Or wait, it doesn't. Cause it DOES NOT EXIST! To my knowledge, it is the ONLY 3-ship pack that did not get it's own unique bridge.
    edited January 2014
    We can't put missions on YOUR ship, because those maps are shared across everyone. We could put story missions on A bridge, but there's no way we could hook them up to all of the different bridges that people could be using. That's why I'm not thinking of your 'revolutionary idea.'
    druhin wrote: »
    The Vesta Bridge says hello... Or wait, it doesn't. Cause it DOES NOT EXIST! To my knowledge, it is the ONLY 3-ship pack that did not get it's own unique bridge.

Which is exactly why I said, 'nearly.' I don't know why the Vesta didn't get a bridge, but it's the only recent ship I can think of that didn't.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Which is exactly why I said, 'nearly.' I don't know why the Vesta didn't get a bridge, but it's the only recent ship I can think of that didn't.

Risian Corvette. :)

Hopefully this summer...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We can't put missions on YOUR ship, because those maps are shared across everyone. We could put story missions on A bridge, but there's no way we could hook them up to all of the different bridges that people could be using. That's why I'm not thinking of your 'revolutionary idea.'

I have a question, Tumerboy, would it ever be possible to add doors/interactable objects that can be hooked up to similar to those available in social zones for the Foundry?
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    if the complain is because its a 3-pack ship, so what?

Because the 3-pack costs as much as a full-priced game (50 dollars). One would assume you get a full-featured product if you pay for it.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2014

When bridges were initially done up, my thought was that they should place a bunch of invisible waypoints at similar locations on each bridge. For example, point A would be in front of the captain's chair, point B in front of a science station, point C left helm console, point D right helm console, etc, with lines connecting each point that would indicate the travel path between then. Then missions could be created that simply use all these points (bridges without say, 2 helm stations could just place both points near the closest equivalent or whatever) and this would easily adapt for all bridges, be expandable, and work with future bridges or be easily adjusted.

Unfortunately, they weren't done this way, and I'm thinking this sort of system would have to have been something that was implemented from the start, or would require a lot of work now to add that in.

As for the Vesta, it made sense to me for it not to have a bridge as unlike the other 3 packs, it's not a ship originating from a specific race, nor does it have any special status like being the same class as the Federation flagship, it's just a regular Federation starship. It was also at no point described as having a unique bridge, either in the devblog announcing it, or the C-Store description.
    edited January 2014

Why don't you hook more things up to the bridge I think is the general question people are asking. You say there's "no way", but that sounds more like "no way we want to think of how" rather than "no way its possible". Not to say that anyone over there is lazy or incapable, I think its more because bridges haven't been billed as a good price point and that its something that isn't even listed in a future "todo" list. But based purely on my opinion and speculation I feel as if it'd be a great thing if bridges were expanded upon in some way. I know I'm not alone in that regard.

We like bridges in Star Trek, they're great and we'd love to love the STO bridges, but there's nothing being done with them. I mean look at how popular (rare as they are) the freighter and cell ship are solely because they have extremely useful bridges
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    When I say something "can't be done," I'm saying it "can't be done with the way things are currently implemented." Because your bridge is shared by anyone else that has that same style bridge, we can't hook up missions within it. It is hypothetically possible to make a new system whereby bridges aren't shared, and are more capable of such missions, but within the current constraints of the system, it doesn't work.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    The Vesta class doesnt have a "visual bridge" its described in the novels but as far I can tell there are no images of it.

I dont understand why people keep harping about the Vesta "not having a bridge" when its a standard Federation ship, the Atrox also lacks one and its a Caitian design and if the complain is because its a 3-pack ship, so what?

Agreed, the Vesta is a normal Federation vessel, not a new flagship and certainly not any hybrid vessel. It should have the normal bridges it has now.

The Atrox, on the other hand, should logically receive a special bridge, like the Kumaris. Same for the Corvette.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    is there a way to make a mission in the foundry to start on your bridge, that way the people that want a mission on their bridge they can have it
    edited January 2014
    When I say something "can't be done," I'm saying it "can't be done with the way things are currently implemented." Because your bridge is shared by anyone else that has that same style bridge, we can't hook up missions within it. It is hypothetically possible to make a new system whereby bridges aren't shared, and are more capable of such missions, but within the current constraints of the system, it doesn't work.

Missions are just one idea for the use of bridges though. Surely there's more that can be done from the most iconic and recognizable room in Star Trek. The 45th rule of acquisition is "expand or die", which in this context would mean that STO would benefit from more options, personalization and more ways to do what we already do every day when we log in because more and more games are coming out that are certainly trying that.

We love new missions and ships, but we seldom see anything else. And here's a thing already in the game that just isn't being used. Its odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I'm just not sure why you feel story content/seasonal releases, and ship interiors are two separate, and distinct animals. Think outside the box, Ace! I'm gonna throw out a revolutionary idea here, that's gonna blow your socks off. Here we go. A seasonal update, packed with story content, that takes place inside/using your ship interior! Brilliant! Tie that to a latinum store, where we can purchase items to place in preselected spots in said interiors! Brilliant! You can even put exclusive items in lockboxes! Brilliant! You can even do the whole tribbles thing you guys are so fond of, although I'm hoping you'll be a little bit more creative than you were for starbase interiors.

I am fairly certain that Taco is not the guy in charge of dictating the work schedule, so talking down to him seems pointless. If you did not intend to be rude, then you can ignore this.

You have spent a lot of time over two threads talking down about STO and how sub standard it is. I don't know about you, but when I have such an obvious dislike of a game, I simply do not play it anymore. Simple as that. I mean do you really expect for anyone to take you seriously at this point?

Does the game have problems? Yes. Should players raise issues and questions? Absolutely! Should you be allowed to rate the game as you see it? Of course, but honestly after the third or fourth time it gets old and makes your arguments seem more whiney than anything.

I do agree with you though, it would seem to the outside observer that they should be able to work on improving interiors while working on new content. But then as the outside observer we do not know how many people it takes to make things. Let alone how many people are on vacation or out sick, or if they suffered a set back such as severe weather that damaged part of the building causing a slow down in production.

And if you decide to quit STO (which seems likely, because you seem very unhappy), can I have your stuff, please?
    edited January 2014
    We can't put missions on YOUR ship, because those maps are shared across everyone. We could put story missions on A bridge, but there's no way we could hook them up to all of the different bridges that people could be using.
    This reminds me of a minor glitch that I used to see on the Oddy bridge. Talking in Zone meant that everyone on any Oddy bridge in the game could hear you. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'm one of those that would like to see a lot more story content added, perhaps enough to give different leveling paths to different characters (although the way episodes are set up, that might not be feasible at this point).

However, I also am one that uses ship interiors from time to time, even for creating stories for my family (it's nice when your family games with you :) ) on the ship. Sometimes my daughter and I just hop on board to play laser tag all over the ship.

Clearly there is little to be gained for Cryptic with regard to designing new full interiors right now. But what about hooking up existing interiors that most closely match the style of the new bridges to new ships? It's not a perfect idea -- and there would certainly be squawks from some folks about the mismatch -- but for players like me, it's better than nothing at all.