test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free and Exclusive Khan Uniforms via Arc (Claiming method update in OP)

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    The irony that Beta Testing Arc is worth more the dev team than another successful year of STO.

Khan Uniform < Horta. And it's exclusive - charming. That thing I was saying earlier about "not pissing off your customers"? Yeah, you're still doing it.

Yes, it is interesting that they give something more valuable for testing this junk than for the 4th anniversary... Oh well, might be better tomorrow.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On the subject of announcements - Dev Blog today or no?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Ricardo Montalban....... please leave your Trekkie membership card on the way out ! :mad::P:D

I had a blonde moment :P
  • viceadmiralvazilviceadmiralvazil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm.. and what are you suppose to do if you have a mac? As far as I know I can't install arc on a mac? Thats a little unfair.

Really? You have known for the past 4 years (if you have been around here since then) to have a PC for this game or at least bootcamp, or get Linux and run WINE.
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    On the subject of announcements - Dev Blog today or no?

No cos of the giveaways. let branflakes off once and a while :)
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, I really wish this wasn't an off-duty outfit, since the boots would go great with KDF uniforms.

Ah, well. At least I have new off-duty pieces to play with, and that's never a bad thing :) Kudos to the artists; these costume parts look great.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, added STO to my game list. Now what?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got the uniform, uninstalled Arc after seeing how many system resources it actually sucks out compared to Steam.

Not using this again. I will switch to Steam completely should Arc eventually replace STO launcher.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I guess I'll be installing ARC...

on my secondary computer, so I can just launch it for the shinies and quickly uninstall it and clear the system with ccleaner, never looking back...

Awesome Idea! I have a crappy laptop that can run STO under minimum settings. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When I click on the ARC Beta page I get this\

"
    400 Bad Request

nginx/0.7.64"
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    elvnswords wrote: »
    Nope...
    Nope...
    Nope...

Trying to tempt me to install your thinly veiled spyware by offering awesome costumes, but it will not work. I have it installed on my secondary machine, and have watched the phone homes, the bios diving, and the other, frankly invasive things it is doing without reason other then making some kind of profitable data pool about your users.

I pay for my game play already, I don't feel like giving you my private info to sell in addition to what I am already paying.

TRIBBLE Arc...

In response to the gentleman asking us to keep it about the costumes, they would be great, but given the cost are not warranting the action requested.

Tinfoil hat much?
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it wasn't for this, I'd probably never even touch Arc, but since you seem so dedicated to us using it... I'll give it a try.

As long as I can just as easily uninstall it with no questions asked, just in case I end up preferring the old way, then I'll be fine.

Oh yeah, and since you're tying this with the most iconic villain from Star Trek...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCC!
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    And the customer dissatisfaction is going to outweigh however much money they get from the software.

LOL, you must be new here, more people were pissed off about the design they picked for the Enterprise F by far then about Arc, Arc isn't even in the top 20 of things people have been pisse doff about on these forums, things that were so terrible they were going to cause the game to shut down.
  • jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    This is hilarious!!!

I got this same message on Tribble about a month ago. Been using ARC for a while now. But being Tribble, of course the uniform option was nowhere to be found. Being Tribble I just forgot about it. No big deal.

Today I got the exact same message on Holodeck and once again tried to use the uniform. Bran, the uniform shown in your photos does not even show up on the tailor. I have tried looking throughout the options. It simply is not there.
  • lixiasaranlixiasaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so mac users are screwed out of this one?
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if you are MAC user, you can't install Arc can you?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    LOL, you must be new here, more people were pissed off about the design they picked for the Enterprise F by far then about Arc, Arc isn't even in the top 20 of things people have been pisse doff about on these forums, things that were so terrible they were going to cause the game to shut down.

I'm about 100% sure that's not true. ARC is the most universally reviled thing I've ever seen on these forums. The Ent-F got hate, but it certainly didn't stack up to, say, ARC, or the time they tried to severely nerf dil rewards in STFs.
    edited January 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    If you wear that male Khan outfit, your toon better have the chest for it... just saying.

Thinking of that could of added chest hair to the set :P
  • kemra1kemra1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Already had the Khan uniform from a previous giveaway but gave Arc a go anyway.. don't like it Bran, for the first time in ages I was rubber banding everywhere, checked my connection and it was fine, logged out, switched off Arc and everything was fine again.

Not impressed with it, I have less lag downloading updates for other software while I play.
  • thomasriker85thomasriker85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is related to this topic, so I thought I'd post here.

I got the in game message and went to the tailor and I couldn't find anything at the tailor about this at all. The only thing with the word Khan in it was the TOS Wrath of Khan uniforms, no Khan costume set. Is there a bug or something? Where can I get this set?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank god its off-duty, might have lured me into it...but uhm... are these new Hairstyles coming with the outfit? :confused:
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The uniforms are pretty cool and I'd sport them. But you've all got a better chance of meeting Jesus before I'm inclined to install Arc.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, so I downloaded ARC at work via tethering off my phone. It downloaded and installed quickly, it then found my pre-existing STEAM install of STO and just used the existing install to run the game which was a nice suprise, no need to redownload the whole game.

I see people freaking on the ARC pretty much the same way everyone thought STEAM was the devil (including me) back in the day, now STEAM is the bee's knees of PC Gaming to most folks.

So I don't see ARC as all that evil. And if you play a lot of PWE Games it could be damned handy to have'em all in one place. ARC seems fine to me.

That's being said, I only play one PWE game, STO, so thanks for the freebie, but I'll probably just keeping rolling with STEAM at home to manage my STO install.

As funny side, as soon as I logged into claim the my KHAN! suit, I saw someone run right past me in same said uniform, lol.

hip63 :P
    edited January 2014
    Oh man I can see my fat Klingon trying to fit in the speedo that Khan wears. :D Not pretty my friends, not pretty. :D
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Alright, you can have my soul....again !

Took like a minute to get ARC up and running, logged in and used the Uniform on a male KDF-aligned Romulan.

And then some Orion woman* almost killed me with the gravitational force of her cleavage while wearing the female version.... :D

*of questionable heritage
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    I downloaded and installed Arc and got the costume.

Nothing bad has happened so far.

waiting...

Nope, still nothing bad.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pitty this is an off-duty uniform. Boffs cannot use it and parts selection is kind of poor...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • newbabelnewbabel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if you are MAC user, you can't install Arc can you?

Just lending my voice to this one. If you're going to make STO available to the Mac community (for which we're grateful), then in all fairness you have to extend the rewards and freebies to us as you would any other player.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kemra1 wrote: »
    Already had the Khan uniform from a previous giveaway but gave Arc a go anyway.. don't like it Bran, for the first time in ages I was rubber banding everywhere, checked my connection and it was fine, logged out, switched off Arc and everything was fine again.

Not impressed with it, I have less lag downloading updates for other software while I play.

It's a new outfit guys./
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited January 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I downloaded and installed Arc and got the costume.

Nothing bad has happened so far.

waiting...

Nope, still nothing bad.

Did you notice those two Chinese girls chasing the Klingon? Those are Chinese hackers stealing his CC :D