test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Leadership Promotion/Demotion Capability Bugged

hootenitehootenite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
One of our fleet leaders wanted to demote one of their alts and as of the implementation of the new system they had to wait the 2 weeks for the demotion to process. Unfortunately, they grew impatient and decided to delete the alternate character instead of waiting.

At this time, this action has bugged the countdown timer which continued to countdown with an empty space where the character's name used to be. We watched the counter reach 00:00 and the notice remains there to this day. As a result, we are unable to promote any new leaders or demote current ones which puts our fleet in a dangerous position at being unable to direct its own continuity of leadership.

It is my guess that what happened is that since the character was deleted, the demotion cannot complete for the new "null value" that has taken it's place. Since the previous action is unable to "resolve" a new action can not be initiated.

This is VERY frustrating and I have submitted bug reports and requests for GM assistance and received no response to date. I am not sure what else to try except maybe to have that person possibly "re-make" the character, name needing to be filled "value-for-value" in their name@handle and seeing if that will allow the action to complete... but I'm not confident in that because the new re-made character would have to be re-invited to the fleet and subsequently be unable to get promoted to the highest rank.

Any help, insghts, tips, thoughts, etc would be appreciated.
Post edited by hootenite on

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening since the new system came in. I think the only thing you can hope for is that this bug gets reported enough for the devs to take notice.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    micadog5micadog5 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Our fleet ran into a very similar issue.

As for controlling the leadership, what we did was to remake our fleet ranks, so that the top two ranks had control over the fleet. The countdowns don't happen with the second highest rank, so we can still demote and promote to leadership without the bug setting off.

Although to do this we removed an entire Fleet rank, our promotion system is based on contribution, so it is not hard for us to fix the ranks when needed.

It might not be the best solution, but it works until we can get a fix.
  • Options
    kiethblacklionkiethblacklion Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have always felt that a two week countdown was a bit excessive. If anything, no more than one week. My fleet has had several former leaders get demoted because they haven't been playing for the last 2 years and its taking quite a bit of time to demote their alts.
    ~Fleet Admiral KBL~

Galactic Guards' Public Relations Officer

Char. Name: Daniel@KiethBlackLion
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The simplest solution to demote fleet leaders is to actually have them leave the fleet, then immediately rejoin and be promoted to whatever rank is desired. Makes the countdown timer null and void in these situations
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The simplest solution to demote fleet leaders is to actually have them leave the fleet, then immediately rejoin and be promoted to whatever rank is desired. Makes the countdown timer null and void in these situations

I'm not sure that you understand what the problem is.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Further proof that no thought and no testing went into this system.
  • Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just ran into the bug. If you redo your Fleet rank settings the bug kicks off. I am submitting a ticket on it now.

Nice Cryptic, real nice! NOT!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic,

A simple question that does not take much to answer....

When are you going to at least acknowledge this is a problem and when are you going to start fixing it?

Please respond!
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    Cryptic,

A simple question that does not take much to answer....

When are you going to at least acknowledge this is a problem and when are you going to start fixing it?

Please respond!

How about posting this 'respectfully' in bug reports instead of making demands, when you're CLEARLY making demands in the wrong area. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have and also created a trouble ticket with no response at all so far. What other venue do you suggest since the above does not appear to be working. Also the support web site still has the url redirect problem and even that does not seem to getting any attention. Posting in this thread seemed like a likely place to draw attention to this issue.

The forums are not just a place to post "happy times are here again" items only. Serious issues can also be posted and my "demand" was just for a simple acknowledgement that's all. That does not seem to me to be a hard thing to do.

Sorry you disagree but if we all agreed on everything then we would not need these forums.