What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

JHDC Build review

admiralcheungadmiralcheung Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Federation Discussion
Fellow Admirals and Captains,

Greetings, I am Nelson and I run a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier build focused
on criticals and dps, but I have also had sufficient amount of gear to keep me rather
safe from multi attacks but I would love your input !
Please review my layout and advise away !

Thanks !

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=swordandshieldbuild_5912
Post edited by admiralcheung on

Comments

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

on criticals and dps, but I have also had sufficient amount of gear to keep me rather

Thanks !

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=swordandshieldbuild_5912

You have no rcs. Base turn rate of 6 isn't nearly enough for dual beam banks. Stick with bream broadside or cannon + turret.

Rear facing torp is no good on most boats, much less a carrier. The only thing worse is 2 rear facing torps...

If you fit cannons, move omega torp front. Consider ditching voth set, they suck.

If you go beam broadside, ditch torps. Put in kinetic cutting beam and the free mission 360 degree beam plus free core. There's a 10% bonus for antiproton dmg.

With this kind of investment already, go buy a plasmotic leech console.

The bo needs work. You'll want some kind of hull heal. It'll be squishy with no tanking console. Consider ditching some of the universal consoles for the basics. More expensive isn't always better.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dahmjhdc_0
    3damage control doffs, rsp doff, 2 of your choice
    Streamlined your build.

Enjoy the speed
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dual APO is what I use on mine...I'm curious, though; is it worth having one APB for using with FAW?
  • Options
    admiralcheungadmiralcheung Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dual APO is what I use on mine...I'm curious, though; is it worth having one APB for using with FAW?

Hi Erm this is to thank everyone so far as well as replying to this message, I do apologise for my noobishness on the vernacular side of STO so what does APO or APB mean ?
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Erm this is to thank everyone so far as well as replying to this message, I do apologise for my noobishness on the vernacular side of STO so what does APO or APB mean ?

Attack pattern Omega, attack pattern Beta.

At rank 3:
    APO:
    +16.6% All Damage strength for 15 sec
    +25 All Damage resistance for 15 sec
    +40% Flight Speed strength for 5 sec
    +40% Flight Turn Rate strength for 5 sec
    Immunity to Movement Debuffs for 15 sec
    Immunity to Disable Debuffs for 15 sec
    +30% Defense strength for 5 sec
    Immunity to Teleport for 15 sec

APB:
    Grants Attack Pattern Beta III for 10 sec
    to target: -33.2 all damage resistance for 5 seconds
    to target: -133 stealth for 5 seconds

He wants you to use APO to turn, in order to use the dual beam banks on a ship that turns like a whale with no rcs. Some people swear by it, but personally I find it to be a pain in the TRIBBLE.

APO is normally used to break hold and run. For damage, APB is massively more powerful than APO, and helps everyone in your team plus your pets. I would recommend you go with beam arrays and APBs instead.
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thanks !

Build is ok but take out the dual beams except for 1 and replace with reg beams.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would run six beams arrays and one Borg cutting beam for the set bonus. I run this.

TT1, ApB1, FAW3, ApB3
    TT1, FAW2
    EPtS1, Dem1, Dem2
    EPtW1, RSP1
    HE1

Three damage control doffs, warpcore,

I would also get a Plasmonic Leech console.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03qyLDvaUIQ

This is me in action doing Cure Space Elite. Finished all cubes with over 13:30 left on optional. I have do thing special on my build, nothing to expensive except the Plasmonic leech console. The rest is very obtainable, although. I do have a bug ship so I do run elite JHAS pets.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    blonckebloncke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Nothing too expensive" except the JHAS pets, which if you want to add those to your JHDC you're looking at what, 400-600mill? :P