test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to own a model replica of your own ship from STO?

ninzombie12ninzombie12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
I think Perfect World would make a killing if they allowed players to order their own vessel, and maybe even order an action figure of their own captain. Resin printers have gone way down in price, they already have all the the 3D models of all the players and their ships - $39.99 for your vessel, and $29.99 for your character...what do you folks think? Personally I would love to own the ship I play with on STO!!!
Post edited by ninzombie12 on

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is already a website that makes replicas of all the Star Trek ships. (except whatever new ship STO creates) and the ships cost $19.95 each
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Want to own a model replica of your own ship from STO?

Nope. -shrug-
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My captain(s) sure. . The ships. . wow at that price I will have to be very choozy which ship I want.

But over all. YES!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    ninzombie12ninzombie12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My opinion, my Odyssey Class Tactical Cruiser, the U.S.S. Harbinger, U.S.S. 93289-D in a 5.5" or 6" resin replica would kick some serious butt...I think it would be a magnificent idea for all the fans of the game!
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Arrrggg another thread title that sounds like an offer or fact, but turns out to be a request or speculation!!!

People need to leaen how to create thread titles so they don't raise expectations falsely.

And to answer the OPs question yes, I'd love a model of my fleet corsair.

As for action figures, real doll verison of my Captain and Boffs would be cool, but insanely expensive (for purely decorative purposes of course ;p)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it would mean paying PWE - no thanks :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh, hell yes.

Especially if we had a muscle definition slider.
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Arrrggg another thread title that sounds like an offer or fact, but turns out to be a request or speculation!!!

People need to leaen how to create thread titles so they don't raise expectations falsely.

And to answer the OPs question yes, I'd love a model of my fleet corsair.

As for action figures, real doll verison of my Captain and Boffs would be cool, but insanely expensive (for purely decorative purposes of course ;p)

It's designed to get your attention. Would you have read the post if the title was STO Model Ship Idea?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    There is already a website that makes replicas of all the Star Trek ships. (except whatever new ship STO creates) and the ships cost $19.95 each

i assume Americans/Canadians only? the shipping costs would be hefty overseas. assuming i ever wanted a large enough model star trek ship it would be the miranda or excelsior class. mostly because its a link to the past.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014

With Borg mods too? Or just regular, generic ships from the shows with no modification?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Here is the link and they do Borg too

http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/index.asp
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think a scale model 10 inch long DNT Omega X would look quite fashionable here on my desk
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think a scale model 10 inch long DNT Omega X would look quite fashionable here on my desk

Nah there is no room for it, your ego takes the whole desk ;):D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just want the 3D software models. Then I could work on justifying the purchase of a 3D printer... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    USS Thunderchild's impulse engines are missing.
    Klingon BOP's red torpedo tube is not visible.
    NX-01's impulse engines are missing.
    K'T'Inga is missing its green inside and front nacelles covering.
    Excesior is missing its phaser ports.

again another ship replica store thats not producing exactly to canon specs. hmm.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A dacoit or a Kumari would look pretty cool on my shelf...
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    USS Thunderchild's impulse engines are missing.
    Klingon BOP's red torpedo tube is not visible.
    NX-01's impulse engines are missing.
    K'T'Inga is missing its green inside and front nacelles covering.
    Excesior is missing its phaser ports.

again another ship replica store thats not producing exactly to canon specs. hmm.

Are you ever pleased with anything?! I find the Eaglemoss a great collection, with only minor problems. They can break, but a small amount of superglue, and they are as good as new! And at only ?10, it is a bargain. Everything possible you see the negative to it!
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And just like the Cryptic art department, that company makes near misses, but fails at actual replicas.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Are you ever pleased with anything?! I find the Eaglemoss a great collection, with only minor problems. They can break, but a small amount of superglue, and they are as good as new! And at only ?10, it is a bargain. Everything possible you see the negative to it!

i got no reason to explain myself to you on being pleased. as far as the collectibles are concerned, every collector maker i have seen has one or two issues that ruins it somewhat, if i were to get a model of a fed ship, it would be exactly to canon or its discarded as im not buying something so substandard.

as for it being cheap, you say that, but im very tight fisted with money for good reason, there is this little thing called taxes and bills.
  • Options
    wongboyswongboys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have build the 1:350 Scale model of the Enterprise NCC-1701 and its over 32" long, I would love to have a 1:350 scale star cruser that I fly ingame with the borg upgrades!
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You are aware of how large a model Star Cruiser at that scale would be right?
    I used to collect and assemble Star Trek model kits, and I did a pretty good job of detailing them but in the end they just took up too much space.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use a Ferengi D'Kora class, I would buy a model if it resembled the one in the game, if it where the color I actually wished for it to be!! I should have the option of making my D'kora purple, with a metallic gold trim. While the glowy parts where also purple, allowing my ship to match my toons outfit. Then I would absolutely buy a replica to place on my tower! The D'kora rocks!!! :cool: Even if it doesn't have a trophy room or coloring options, hint-hint!
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    fleebnorkfleebnork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My beef is that these are not, in fact, scale models. None of them are made to the same scale.

I would really like a display with various ships that are all at the same scale. Sadly, it never happens. :(
  • Options
    crossreference13crossreference13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think Perfect World would make a killing if they allowed players to order their own vessel, and maybe even order an action figure of their own captain. Resin printers have gone way down in price, they already have all the the 3D models of all the players and their ships - $39.99 for your vessel, and $29.99 for your character...what do you folks think? Personally I would love to own the ship I play with on STO!!!
    Not really. All I have is a Mirands-class...
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally I'd like to have a little statue of Ereth, but really...

I wouldn't hope for more than, when 3D printers become a little more commonplace, a portion of the site or game that lets you pose your ship or character on a pedestal and then outputs a file for you that a 3D printer can process.

There is just no way 30 or 40 dollars is going to get a figurine of anything, your ship or otherwise, properly painted and shipped even half a mile intact. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've considered uploading screenshots of my toon to http://cubify.com/startrek in order to have an action figure made in a TNG uniform.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Where's the site? =3