What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• Options
    mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nerds of Prey has some amazing and awesome people in the channel. I love the OP, Nina is top notch when it comes to giving freely.

I've gotten my 6th doff slots and some comsoles on many chars and some of my fleet mates have gotten t5 ships, as they say it's rare but I got charged 9 Mil EC when I wanted one.

They have made available for everyone an even playing field, and that is generous and the people are the best.

Love NoP - thanks for doing what you do!
  • Options
    g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    whether my public service activity was born of spite or goodwill doesnt really change the fact that this entire movement not only benefits less advanced fleets, but the entire kdf faction in particular.

Ninastepford FTW :)

My Dear Leader
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Glad everyone's enjoying the NoP spire! If you are having problems getting spire invites on either Fed or KDF please just remember that the number of inviters is still quite limited as fleets begin to finish their upgrades but keep trying and we'll get you when we can!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    seshrahnseshrahn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks all for your time and efforts to allow non fleet members access. It truly is appreciated keep up the good work!
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got my 6th DOFF slot and the new shiny spire ops kit!!!

Thank you NOP for making this channel. A lot of good fleets have joined you guys to help others.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    HI All,

I'm a complete noob at this game, (Only been playing for about 5 weeks) but I've been reading this thread with interest about this NoP channel. I'm in a low-level fleet currently, but visiting other fleets embassies etc. confuses me a bit I must admit....

Sorry about this to what you guys will think is a simplistic question, but how do you access this NoP channel?

If somebody could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    JTKirk15-

Check out the first post on this thread for instructions
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    JTKirk15-

Check out the first post on this thread for instructions

Hi, and thanks for that.. I've seen that, but I don't understand how to carry that through, so I was looking for an explanation that is "joining a channel" 101.

All I see is a line of green wordage, where do I begin with that?

Apologies, but I'm very noob!!!!
  • Options
    fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    timezarg wrote: »
    Sour grapes, much? There isn't even the Dental-HOBO feud nonsense going on, HOBO's involved in this. Quit with the off-hand remarks. If you can't say something nice about a bunch of fleets (NOT just NoP/Dental) giving away the fruits of their labors for free, then keep it to yourself.

all sorts of fleets are giving out free access.

why does nop insist on people joining its channel then shamelessly plugging it in the forum?

I mean seriously, you can ask in zone chat for access to something on esd 'n if you can wade through the pm spam of people joinnopjoinnopjoinnop then you can usually get access in no time at all.

I could care less what you do or do not give out its just annoying that you fap over yourselves for doing it.

I just hope noones stupid enough to pay that application fee on your forum nop. lol. or give you any kind of personal information.

past that though. kudo's i guess. lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You just go to your chat and type in "/channel_join NoP Public Service" - it's a public channel so anyone can join it.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You just go to your chat and type in "/channel_join NoP Public Service" - it's a public channel so anyone can join it.

Perfect!!! Thank you!!! :)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    just posted my interest for the fleet excel. nothing yet.

edit: 15 minutes down with no invite in sight. i will try later on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Fleet ships are a bit harder to come by as there are generally fewer people with fleet invite/kick permissions than there are with invite to holdings permissions, but they do happen.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Additionally (Aleth pretty much nailed it), there are fewer fleets offering shipyard access as opposed to sb/emb/mine invites, so it might take a bit longer to secure one. Also, there might not always be people available, as they are in the middle of STFs or other events, so just be patient. Fifteen minutes really isn't that long.

i usually have things to do as well, occasionally have hours. 15 minutes earlier on is all i could spare. im hoping now that the US members are up that there will likely be more action on NoP.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i usually have things to do as well, occasionally have hours. 15 minutes earlier on is all i could spare. im hoping now that the US members are up that there will likely be more action on NoP.

You said you wanted a Fleet Excelsior right?

Send me a friend invite in the game, or a PM here on the forum, I should be able to help get you taken care of.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    someone else beat you to it outside NoP. they got 20k dilithium for their provision project and i got the excel moments ago. thanks though mimey.
  • Options
    maiewskimaiewski Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there someplace that compiled what level and what provisions your Fleet holdings need to be at to be able to utilize the higher tier unlocks of another Fleet's holdings?

For example; what does my Fleet's Dilithium Mine need to be at to get the provisions I'd need to buy the MkXII Fleet Neutronium consoles from someone else's maxed out Mine? I sorta took a long break between Seasons 5 and now, only popping back for the Anniversary events. I plan to play much more in the future, and really want to get some of these consoles as soon as I have the Dilithium and Fleet Creds to buy them.
    DarthGM, GM Phil, Admiral Kavalon, et al

Currently cruising the Pi Canis Sector Block...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maiewski wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there someplace that compiled what level and what provisions your Fleet holdings need to be at to be able to utilize the higher tier unlocks of another Fleet's holdings?

For example; what does my Fleet's Dilithium Mine need to be at to get the provisions I'd need to buy the MkXII Fleet Neutronium consoles from someone else's maxed out Mine? I sorta took a long break between Seasons 5 and now, only popping back for the Anniversary events. I plan to play much more in the future, and really want to get some of these consoles as soon as I have the Dilithium and Fleet Creds to buy them.
    all subtracks need to be at T1 before you can start provisioning for it...at least for the holdings - i don't know if that's true of the starbase tracks as well
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ran with the excel after getting it. it is a big step up from that t4.5 assault cruiser i had for 3 years. i feel with a few alterations it can survive anything in standard fights. wiki has nothing on fleet weapons, ship parts like deflectors and shields, how much they cost and such. was thinking of a fleet warp core that leans on shielding and weapon strength over engines and aux. with a deflector that improves hull and shield strength, a fleet shield thats tough to take down. but again i know nothing about their costs so asking for an invite to these areas would be a waste of time.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ran with the excel after getting it. it is a big step up from that t4.5 assault cruiser i had for 3 years. i feel with a few alterations it can survive anything in standard fights. wiki has nothing on fleet weapons, ship parts like deflectors and shields, how much they cost and such. was thinking of a fleet warp core that leans on shielding and weapon strength over engines and aux. with a deflector that improves hull and shield strength, a fleet shield thats tough to take down. but again i know nothing about their costs so asking for an invite to these areas would be a waste of time.
    there should be a link to a list of all fleet gear costs in the original post

EDIT: hmmm, guess not...well, tehbubbaloo should have that link, so just wait for her to show up
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    costs of common fleet items.
    will update op when i get home.

edit: updated
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    it shouldnt be a problem getting the credits or the dilithium. it will likely take a long while though. however some of that ground gear looks good and within range. but real life concerns right now means the latter is gonna have to be pushed back by a bit. i was lucky to get around to the excelsior today, it should not of happened but it did.

anyways, that gives an interesting look into it so thanks for that.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    someone else beat you to it outside NoP. they got 20k dilithium for their provision project and i got the excel moments ago. thanks though mimey.

No problem. I like helping people get the Fleet Excel when I can, it is my favorite ship of Star Trek.

Also, I saw in another post you were asking about the costs of fleet stuff. If you click my signature, one of the links in it is to a thread about the cost of fleet stuff, both with and without the dil mine discounts. This also includes costs for elite level stuff, and advanced level gear for both ground and space.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    elite weapons im not that interested in because of the dmgx3 (ack!) so they are basically useless to me. advanced weapons on a push but if i can find good mk XII weapons from the exchange for a few million to fill out the 8 weapons slots that would be nice and ec is far easier to get. the only thing i am interested in is the elite ship stuff, warp core, shields and engine at first and consoles later on because they are basically top of the range with a fixed cost. both mimey and tehbubbaloo have provided valuable info. so i need to start getting some more dilthium in and i seems my own source of fleet credits will not be enough i may need to join a t5 fleet just to make up the difference specifically for the fleet credits and the gear rather then anything to do with the fleet itself. but that will have to wait until later on.

thank you both. got a clear idea of what to do now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Elite fleet weapons come in [Dmg][Acc]x2 flavour which makes them quite nice.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Elite fleet weapons come in [Dmg][Acc]x2 flavour which makes them quite nice.

that would be nice to have even with the dmg modifier, f i can find these they will make an addition to the list.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't recommend an Elite Engine, not worth it in my opinion. Their 'unique' thing is that they come with an Efficiency modifier. Like that one engine from a low level mission that does a similar thing. I mean, if you are wanting a bit more power in weapons/shields/aux, then go ahead, but I just don't consider elite engines that worthwhile.
  • Options
    gsdgdshgdshfgdsjgsdgdshgdshfgdsj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Again, thanks for all the help from this channel! I've been able to outfit several of my characters because of you all!
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Through NoP I have bought a Fleet Mogh and a Fleet B'Rel, two ships I would never have been able to get otherwise (well, not in any reasonable timeframe at any rate). Thanks a lot guys, you're the best! :)
This discussion has been closed.