test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto Targeting Modules

anitonenanitonen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I'm not sure what's the best use for these consoles. They give +20% damage to energy weapon types and also +15% protonic weapon damage and an additional +2.5% accuracy. The only protonic weapon in the game is the Experimental Proton Weapon from Dyson reputation. Is the point of these consoles to give us enough of a boost in damage so we can use the EPW with other energy types? There are Protonic Polaron weapons, but I'm assuming they would only benefit from polaron tac consoles. The Protonic part is only the additional proc, right? Whatever the case, is it worth it to use the EPW with Auto Targeting Modules or without?
Post edited by anitonen on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The extra proton damage from those consoles should boost the damage of the proton proc on the protonic polaron weapons.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Protonic Polaron [CritD]x2 DHCs + ATM + Pol on a romulan with SROs = hilarious

Its actually a valid setup and works really really good.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • dauntless89dauntless89 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello there,
    These ATModules are part of the new PP build (Protonic polaron). So far I've seen a lot of people confused by these consoles and their damage boost. I've used PP build on a defiant and will give you my opinions and some information.

1) PP are protonic polaron, polaron based weapons taking bonuses from polaron consoles that have 25% chance on crit chance to deal ~500-700 proton damage with 100% shield penetration.
    2) PP modifiers are polaron but the proc modifier is "proton", meaning that the best choice for PP build for now would be to use AutoModules with 20% polaron, 2.5% hit and 15% proton damage. In this way you would increase the "base"damage of the PPs by 20% per console plus their proc by 15%.
    3) EPW (experimental proton weapon) is proton based weapon - meaning its modifer is proton (or in short the 15% proton buffs coming out from AutoModules). Its the only gun so far benefiting from these consoles at max - its shapeshifting gun so do not consider its base low dps/damage...(example: Rapid fire is making this gun from 900dps to 1500dps...turning it in to a weak DHC and etc).The EPW have 50% chance on crit do teal its protonic damage, making it the "only" one doing its proc more often. Considering its fire rate is 4 per sec (o.5 recharge with no modifiers) its increasing the odds of giving you the proc.
    4) Dyson space set, 3rd bonus "Proton Barrage" is doing a lot (rly a lot) of damage with 100% penetration to shields. Its modifier is Proton, meaning the 15% coming from AutoModules is been added to it. Example: 3400 proton to all targets x 15% may be ~4100 with 1 console and etc. This ability on unbuffed ship with 0% proton damage may hit ~12k crit or 6-8k hits depending on buffs. So you see aside from the PP procs (which deals low base damage of 500 +/-) this damage is been multiplied by a lot more and is worth it for PP setups. This ability have 1.3min CD making it excellent for both PVE and PVP. ( A guy in Ker'rat linked 664000 damage done by Proton Barrage instantly killing another guy with shields up ;) )
    5) JemHadar set - is also giving you bonus to PP - but only to the polaron part. So if you want to maximize your dps by using PP - use Jem set mk xii (if u have it ) for 13.6% more polaron damage...adding that to AutoModules x 20% will give you some nice results.

Aside from all these cool bonuses, you need to know that PP are very crit dependant...because if you crit you have 25% chance to deal additional proton damage...its not 100% on crit but 25%. So if you have a very low chance to crit like ~5-10%, that means you may not benefit so much by using PP.

Also - if you are using a lot of critH (25-30%) you would want to get Antiprotons just because their "proc"(passive critSeverity) is higther and...100%...if you crit you do tons of damage...with PP if you crit you do...~800 proton penetration on shield.

Nevertheless, if you build a strong defense and using PPs with Transphasic torpedo/Brren cluster...you can kill your targets with their shields up (SOmething AP cant do). And if you add the "proton barrage"ability with its short 1.3min cd...doing 30k hits on shieled targets with 0% proton resistance is...you got the idea :)

I hope I helped. :)
  • anitonenanitonen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. I thought I was missing something as the modules come in all energy types but only one protonic weapon type was being offered. Got me some new ideas to play with.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use just one (+ torp cuz a + tetryon hasn't dropped yet) and I say it does well just with the EPW set.

My torpedo hits for 78000 non-crit, and EPW bothe does raw proton damage, shifts into cannon (and takes cannon abilities as priority) and, here's the clincher, it pulses 8 times compared to every other weapon's 4.

The only thing that confuses me is that in space, during an STF, I have CritH on all my equipment, plus stuff like Borg console, Zero Point, and the EPW set crit bonus, it only reads 9%.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a quick jump in.

Protonic polaron and the experimental proton weapon is currently on a per cycle proc. It will be changing to a per shot

This may break pvp, based on rylanadionysis' enthusiasm towards the build.

Yes...this will be interesting. Be sure to use dual cannons for the extra procs
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Just a quick jump in.

Protonic polaron and the experimental proton weapon is currently on a per cycle proc. It will be changing to a per shot

This may break pvp, based on rylanadionysis' enthusiasm towards the build.

Yes...this will be interesting. Be sure to use dual cannons for the extra procs

per shot?

O_O

we may very well have something that is ACTUALLY OP then in the game.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    per shot?

O_O

we may very well have something that is ACTUALLY OP then in the game.

Yeah I'd use the EPW set alone on all my ships if the proc was per-hit.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Link to Hawk's post.

I can't see the merit of the current protonics, some say it's working, others say it's a TRIBBLE shoot.

After multiplying the chance of it happening by a factor of ~4, I can see it being a little too good.

Time well tell if this even goes live
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Link to Hawk's post.

I can't see the merit of the current protonics, some say it's working, others say it's a TRIBBLE shoot.

After multiplying the chance of it happening by a factor of ~4, I can see it being a little too good.

Time well tell if this even goes live

*rubs temples*

My romulan will have over 28 percent chance to crit (even without spire consoles)...

Thats pretty insane, thats a proc every couple of seconds basically, omg... turrets with it....

If they do this, every single PvPer will be using it, guaranteed.
    Gold.jpg
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *rubs temples*

My romulan will have over 28 percent chance to crit (even without spire consoles)...

Thats pretty insane, thats a proc every couple of seconds basically, omg... turrets with it....

If they do this, every single PvPer will be using it, guaranteed.

Well I believe the change is only on the EPW not the PP's but I could be wrong.

If it is all the PP's then yeah that is going to get a bit broken likely as not.

If it is just the EPW... well... it might actually be vaguely worth slotting... sort of.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Wow, with that change, I'll definitely change the beams on my Palisade to protonic polaron. Will make my sci ship very happy.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't use Protonic Polarons, buf I do use the EPW and Protonic Barrage. I decided to use the Dis autotargeting console purple verison because I was only using x and xi rank blue tac consoles so I wasn't giving up much anyways, and I there was high demand for Spire provisions in my fleet. So far so good.

Another set of consoles that goes well with EPW is my Romulan Embassy Fleet Plasma sci consoles. Its high rate of fire means I actually doing a fair amount of plasma damage with it the EPW thanks to the plasma procs.