test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about the new ship slot limit

twebster1977twebster1977 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
First off to all the devs.......

THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU! for raising the limit.

Next I do have a question.

I see the slot limit is going to be 50 ships.

My question is this, I have all the vet rewards from being a lifetime sub. I was at the limit but when I would get the extra slots for the vet rewards it put me over the limit as extra since I earned them through the vet rewards.

Will the same apply to the new limit? Like if I max out my 50 slots and I have say 6 free slots from the vet rewards will my limit be 56?

Just curious :)

-Tony
Host of STO World http://www.the37s.com

Fleet Advisor for Battle Fleet Olympus

http://www.battlefleetolympus.com
Post edited by twebster1977 on

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Vet rewards give you 6 extra ship slots?! That is new to me. Where do you claim them?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Vet rewards give you 6 extra ship slots?! That is new to me. Where do you claim them?
    You are automatically granted free slots on every character you make.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You are automatically granted free slots on every character you make.

Thx. Going to try that out rightaway. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Its like 4 extra slots actually

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would assume that your veteran ship slots will take priority over any purchased ship slots. So if you are over the limit now, then you won't be at the end of the month and be limited to 50 ship slots. As far as whether a person gets to the new ship slot limit, then purchases a lifetime subscription or earns the veteran ship slots the hard way, then I have no idea if they can reach 56 slots. If Cryptic didn't fix this, then you should be able to reach 56 ship slots, but Cryptic might have fixed it so the limit for everyone is 56 ship slots.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well I had a lifetime membership, I was at like 700 days and at the limit and each vet reward that I hit I never got the slot. When they granted all the vet rewards instantly to any lifer I suddenly had them added.

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Currently, players start with 2 ship slots, and up to 28 more can be purchased (2 at a time, 14 total purchases) via the C-Store. Total: 30 Ship Slots

After Season 8.5's launch, players still start with 2 ship slots, and up to 48 more can be purchased (2 at a time, 24 total purchases) via the C-Store. Total: 50 Ship Slots

Slots from Vet Rewards don't count towards the max, (neither does the 1 slot that can be earned in-game per character, KDF/Fed: "The Vault" | Rom: "Small Packages"). Total for a 1000-day or Lifetime Subscriber: 54 Ship Slots

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Currently, players start with 2 ship slots, and up to 28 more can be purchased (2 at a time, 14 total purchases) via the C-Store. Total: 30 Ship Slots

After Season 8.5's launch, players still start with 2 ship slots, and up to 48 more can be purchased (2 at a time, 24 total purchases) via the C-Store. Total: 50 Ship Slots

Slots from Vet Rewards don't count towards the max, (neither does the 1 slot that can be earned in-game per character, KDF/Fed: "The Vault" | Rom: "Small Packages"). Total for a 1000-day or Lifetime Subscriber: 54 Ship Slots

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Do we not get new ship slots on level up anymore? I could swear we got 2 freebies every 10 levels.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you're right, my Engine has 12 Ship slots without buying any and I didn't do the Vault mission on him for the free one. So 2 from the get go and then 2 every 10 levels. I'm guessing they count against the cap.
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm confused by BranFlakes' response to this. We have to purchase MORE ship slots to get this 50 ship increase? Pretty sure I got a lot of ship slots when I leveled up to 50 on each of my characters.

So really BranFlakes... What WILL we get for ship slots when 8.5 releases? You haven't told us that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm confused by BranFlakes' response to this. We have to purchase MORE ship slots to get this 50 ship increase? Pretty sure I got a lot of ship slots when I leveled up to 50 on each of my characters.

So really BranFlakes... What WILL we get for ship slots when 8.5 releases? You haven't told us that.

This change only helps a tiny fraction of the number of players in this game. Most players are nowhere near the current cap and will never reach the cap. So most players will get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from this change.
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    This change only helps a tiny fraction of the number of players in this game. Most players are nowhere near the current cap and will never reach the cap. So most players will get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from this change.

I'm capped if I don't buy slots. I'm wondering what people will get without these buy options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    Do we not get new ship slots on level up anymore? I could swear we got 2 freebies every 10 levels.
    Sssshhhh...! Quiet, or it'll turn out it has been an oversight all along! ;)
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

Well, I reached the cap, just yesterday. So, I, for one, am very happy with the increase. :)

And if only they now announced they're gonna raise the cap on boffs too. With the influx of all those fugly, but sadly necessary, Rom Embassy boffs, I've reached my max there too; and no, I'm not letting go of my old, loyal crew for those annoying Roms: Jolan False, on that one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mrcaton1mrcaton1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess I misunderstood the original blog: The total cap is being increased, but players will still have to purchase new slots? I'm not complaining, just asking.

I'm a LTS and have several ship slots, but I haven't opened either the Obelisk or the Plesh Brek because I'm at my current limit for ships. I was about to buy a couple new slots when I saw the blog, but now I see that I'll still have to buy a couple of new ones.
  • Options
    maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    canis36 wrote: »

What I think is happening is that if you're Lifetime/Subscriber you're getting a few "purchased" ship slots for free during level up.

So for F2P, the max is 51 (2 free at creation, +1 from the FE mission, +24 purchases of 2 slots).

For Lifetime, the max is 54 (2 free at creation, +1 from FE, +3 from Lifetime rewards, +2-3 free upgrades of 2 slots, + 21-22 purchases of 2 slots)
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maarkean wrote: »
    What I think is happening is that if you're Lifetime/Subscriber you're getting a few "purchased" ship slots for free during level up.

So for F2P, the max is 51 (2 free at creation, +1 from the FE mission, +24 purchases of 2 slots).

For Lifetime, the max is 54 (2 free at creation, +1 from FE, +3 from Lifetime rewards, +2-3 free upgrades of 2 slots, + 21-22 purchases of 2 slots)

Incorrect; you get those free slots every 10 levels regardless of account status. It's so you can always switch to the new free ship they give every tier, without having to buy a slot for it.

I've been silver since the game went f2p, and have still gotten the free slots every tier.