test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it a trap?

forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
I have been in this fleet for quite some time and I am of the second rank in a chain of 4 and I have contributed quite a lot recently as I now have over 100k Fcred.I get access to the Fleet store in the rank above me but i don't know when that will be or if it is reasonable, here is part of the fleet description.

fleet rank's in accordance of contributions:
0k 1st rank (I will spare you all the names)
100k 2nd rank (my current rank I received way before I acquired 100k fcreds)
200k 3rd rank (goal)
1m+ 4th rank

What do you think "K" is thousand? k what? Fcredits,lifetime Fcreds,sexual favors,other...
This fleet is rank 11 and seems legit but if you think its not tell me so I can ditch them.
Post edited by forecaster17 on

Comments

• Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only Admiral Ackbar knows for sure. :)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been in this fleet for quite some time and I am of the second rank in a chain of 4 and I have contributed quite a lot recently as I now have over 100k Fcred.I get access to the Fleet store in the rank above me but i don't know when that will be or if it is reasonable, here is part of the fleet description.

200k 3rd rank (goal)
    1m+ 4th rank

What do you think "K" is thousand? k what? Fcredits,lifetime Fcreds,sexual favors,other...
    This fleet is rank 11 and seems legit but if you think its not tell me so I can ditch them.

1k is 1,000 as 100k is 100,000. k - is "kilo" in a metric prefix and it usually has "meter" on the end, in the short version it means 1000 as 1km is 1000 meters. its used these days to shorten number values.

it would depend how many are in the fleet, how helpful they are and if you can get some help from them, what they expect off your regularly and any events they may want you to join if any at all. number 1 rule in my book about these clans/guilds/fleets or whatever the hell the name is, if a fleet just wants you for your resources and nothing more, it wouldnt be a good idea to stick around because to this fleet your just another source to bleed dry and when your time is done they can kick you anyways.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well the first thing I would recommend is that questions about your Fleet would best be directed to the Fleet leadership. If you email/message/contact Fleets Leader(s) and receive no response then you have your answer right there. But noone else is going to be able to tell you anything about your Fleet unless they are a part of the same Fleet or at least know something about the specific Fleet you're in. I've been in good fleets and bad but you haven't provided sufficient information to even BEGIN knowing anything about the Fleet you're in. Start by addressing questions and concerns to the Fleet leadership and go from there.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    He did give away a jem dreadnought cruiser during an event not to long ago (Supposedly)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    Well the first thing I would recommend is that questions about your Fleet would best be directed to the Fleet leadership. If you email/message/contact Fleets Leader(s) and receive no response then you have your answer right there. But noone else is going to be able to tell you anything about your Fleet unless they are a part of the same Fleet or at least know something about the specific Fleet you're in. I've been in good fleets and bad but you haven't provided sufficient information to even BEGIN knowing anything about the Fleet you're in. Start by addressing questions and concerns to the Fleet leadership and go from there.

even if you got an answer, the context of the reply not forthcoming to the way you like, is also not a good sign, you could let it slide the first time out and try again and if it dont work the second time, either way it would be clear you and the fleet leader do not see eye to eye on the issue you may have and could easily lead to worse.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds pretty unfair to me. I can see sticking around if it's a t5 fleet, otherwise I would go somewhere more accommodating to its members.

1m for full access rights...bah
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aren't fleet politics a no-no in discussion? I mean, people run them differently, depending on the size and type of fleet. It isn't like policing everyone would do any good.

Sorry to bring it up, but this was discussed ad naseum with the fleet system was introduced. If you don't like the way your fleet is being run, the best (and easiest) thing to do is leave and find a new one.

Just saying.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Sounds pretty unfair to me. I can see sticking around if it's a t5 fleet, otherwise I would go somewhere more accommodating to its members...
    1m for full access rights...bah
    Actually, they said 200k gives them rights. Rank 11? What is that, T4 Shipyard? I'd say follow the advice of contacting fleet leadership and see what they say. If you decide to stay, start donating, you'll have the FCs to spend by the time you get permission to do it.

My fleet? I just quietly kept plugging away at donating. Last month, they ran a contest, who could donate the most to projects. I was ahead of the game to start, took 2nd without even trying. Won a D'Kora. :)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014

200k 3rd rank (goal)
    1m+ 4th rank

"K" is thousand, so 100,000.... it would be Lifetime Fleet Credits (that is the Credits you earned in that fleet from contributions, not necessarily your fleet credit balance, as that goes with you, and you can spend it, which decreases the balance but not your "lifetime fleet credits" with that fleet). You can see your lifetime contribution to that fleet from the roster, the dropdown in the last collumn allows you to see lifetime fleet credits number.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The normal unit of measurement for contributions is FC. There is even a view by contributions in the various holdings and in the global roster. Everything converts down to FC so

The T5 fleet I'm in gives store access at 75k (and that is the 2nd fleet rank), so holding out store access to 200k seems pretty high to me.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The normal unit of measurement for contributions is FC. There is even a view by contributions in the various holdings and in the global roster. Everything converts down to FC so

The T5 fleet I'm in gives store access at 75k (and that is the 2nd fleet rank), so holding out store access to 200k seems pretty high to me.

Indeed, I manage one fleet on my fed aligned rom, and we give store access at 50k... 200k does seem pretty high. by 200k you would have been a fleet officer.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Is a level 11 fleet considered good? and worth 1mil Fcred to max out in rank?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A level 11 Fleet is not great, but it is not bad either. As long as your Fleet is not limiting provisions to 1 million Fleet Credits, then there is no need to get to that rank. I find there is not many differences between the ranks except one rank gives access to Fleet Stores and one rank gives access to controlling the Fleet projects.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know, our fleet keeps a much higher donation requirement, though we are quite small. 75k FC for access to the store? I can do that in one day, why should someone who hasn't tried get access to our T5 stores? That is only 1500 FM, which I make in 2-3 days max playing less than an hour a day.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my fleet is 100k for some provisions, and 200k for access to the stores. higher ranks gets you better access to the banks.
  • Options
    squeezedbesqueezedbe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it all depends on the fleet rly.

I see posts going out like 'at 200k contributions you would have been made an officer already' well in the fleet i am in that would mean around 60 procent is an officer of the entire fleet.

See it from this point of view.

200k is peanuts to obtain by donating some commodoties/FM s/doffs into projects.

If your going for an endbuild ship you are gonna want:

- Fleet shields
    - The extra active doff slots 200k
    - Some tac / embassy / engy fleet consoles around 50k each i thought?
    - prolly some fleet weapons dont know out of my head
    - Perhaps if your flying a carrier some pets. 100k FC each
    - Fleet Warp Core

All that stuff combined will cost you at least 1m FC with ease already...

So your contributing to be allowed to 'Buy' from the store which also in the end benefits yourself again with better gear.

Besides that this should be asked at your 'Own' fleet cause in the end this is a fleet matter not an STO matter.

Best advice which is already given. If it is a starting fleet ... go elsewhere there are plenty of T4 close to T5 fleets and T5 fleets who grant you acces for much lower values 'in the end that will also mean you cant buy as much as you want cause you will need the FC anyway see other point of view'

In our case we are an SB T4 / Dill T3 / Embassy T3 / Spire T2 fleet which is already upgrading the SB towards T5 and the Spire is half at T3 'research'. And we personnaly ask a contribution for around 60k to receive acces to the fleet stores.

This is actually pretty low from my point of view as a leader cause the 'input' some people have to make to 'create' those provisions are still 'much' higher then the 60k contribution needed to get acces.

Example Fleet tac consoles provision runs. For 8 fleet tactical Provisions we need to donate this into the fleet:

325 Fleet Marks
    18,000 Refined dilithium
    15 Engineering and Operation Department Duty Officers
    25 Duty Officers
    400 [Self-Sealing Stem Bolts]
    200 [Large Shield Charge]
    15 [Spire Provisions]

The Spire provisions cost 7500 FC ... the combination of Fleet marks / Doffs and commodoties will bring in 16250 FC from FM / 18000 FC from Dill / 12000 FC from Doffs is 46250 FC and the fact the spire provisions cost us (cause in the end it are almost each time the same persons filling those things) 7500 FC without speaking about the other commodoties to grant 8 Fleet members the change to each buy 1 console

So for all those who yell 'that 200k contributions is a lot to get acces to a lot of stuff and you will all buy more out of any fleet then 8 provisions beleave me' your actually not even helping with the building part of the fleet you are in.

Just my point of view about it.
  • Options
    sebastiaanb007sebastiaanb007 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Send Me A Tell in game @TheBadTheGoodAndTheUgly , i wil give you a invite to our fleet, you can get whatver you want/need *you can stay or leave*

Fleet name The Thunderbirds
    Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
    TELL THAT TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the fleet policy op listed doesnt seem very out of line to me.
    cant really say i am shocked this turned into a recruitment drive by followup posters though. i reckon youre all doing that fleet leader a solid in any case.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd advice you to contact the fleet leader (owner), and make your inquiries there. He/She can answer them.
    If He/She cannot, due to absence or neglicense, then you are in dire straits.

the scenario you are in now, is a part of the core reason why there are so few donating stuff firsthand. They are just afraid of loosing their digital winnings. (A lot of people don't see ingame rescourses as IN COMPUTER GAME resources).

A plenty more would gain happiness and less paranoia, if more people was more like; Pfffh, it is only dil and fleetmarks, and whatnot. It isn't exactly a RL monetary system going on here.

In my fleet, Yes, I am a whale. Yes, I stand to lose a lot if We'd reach T5, and leader would kick me. On the other hand, WHO cares. I have a plentitude of marks, and there are other fleets out there that wouldn't mind a refugee in their ranks.
    IF i build a T5, get kicked, well, at least I have had something to throw rescources into, instead of collecting EC's. Rarely are there anything essential out there I want (for EC). -and EC isn't a hard thing to come by.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You have 100.000 fc, thats less then 1 starbase project at tier 4.
    I think you even have less fc's then the amount that 1 provicion project give fc out.
    So 100.000 is very low, only if you just joint the fleet its ok.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let's put it this way...

It seems to me that very small fleets and very large fleets don't really have a big issue with granting store access to members for little or nothing.

Small fleets, like mine, can end up with more provisions than they can use. Depends on the projects we run. I don't know much about the experience of large fleets, except what I read here on the forums, but there are other limiting factors besides permissions.

Up till now, I've set the bar at about 15K in donations (per the leaderboard) and grant access to all of that member's alts as well and we still have spare provisions. I set the bar low to encourage people to contribute.

But those provisioning projects do come at a cost, and fleet permissions are the only available mechanism available to gate who can use those provisions. If we suddenly got much bigger or more of our members suddenly became active contributors and store users, I might have to gate provisions more aggressively.

It's reasonable for contributing members to expect that they will get access to provisions over someone who contributes only enough to get by or who comes in from another fleet with a stockpile of fleet credits and never contributed at all. It's only fair, and it creates an incentive for people to keep contributing.

On the other hand, it is also expected that fleet leaders will sacrifice for their fleet members and give more than they take. That's true in my case (I've spent way more FC's on the fleet than on myself), and it's especially true in the case of my top contributors. You can't buy that kind of dedication.

So, the question any fleet member has to ask themselves is whether there's a give-and-take vibe of cooperation going on in their fleet, or if they're just a number inflating the roster count.

If you are contributing, but not reaping the rewards of being in a fleet, it might be time to find another one -- as long as you understand that some of those rewards have to be deferred for a time when the fleet is advanced enough to support them. If you "gotta have it now", then you better look for a T5 superfleet with openings and hope they don't use you for cannon fodder.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Only Admiral Ackbar knows for sure. :)

You my good fellow posses a singular wit. Very funny.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I grant people access at the 3rd rank from the bottom, which requires 100k in total contributions. My fleet is a level 16. There has been a great amount of work going in so we cant afford to give the farm away for free. I normally am not too strict on this guideline. If I see someone as being active and is on Ventrillo or fleet chat, I normally cut the person a break.

The limits are there to keep people from doing the bare min and leaving.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png