test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bout time for a music revamp

bulldogmacraggebulldogmacragge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
we have had the same backround music for almost 4 years now. I understand there are other priorities but just a little bit of love to the music would be much appreciated.
Post edited by bulldogmacragge on

Comments

• purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was time for a music revamp four years ago. We've been asking for new and/or improved music since launch. I'm afraid they don't see it as priority.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Makes no difference to me I never have music playing while in game, for me it adds nothing to the game accept grates on my nerves. I do this for almost every game I play because most in game music is on a loop, so once you've heard it multiple times it's time to shut it off.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    most of ppl mute game music in mmos so think this is main reson why is hard to convince devs to add bigger soundtracks in game
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1 for this, god i hate that generic space combat track by now :/

odd thing is, with past few seasons we ended up getting quite a lot of new tracks spread across various episodes/areas/content blocks : but they are VERY mission/area specific

been forever since anything was added to the generic music pool/playlist ( hell id be happy if the game just cycled them all regardless of ingame settings )

dudududududu du du du u du du d duuuuuuuuu
  • maiewskimaiewski Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just as long as they don't change the Theme/Title music...
    DarthGM, GM Phil, Admiral Kavalon, et al

Currently cruising the Pi Canis Sector Block...
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We have music?

*turned off the music audio in 2010*
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love to have more tunes in the game. More diversity so they don't seem so repetitive as they seem now.
    It would be particulary nice to get some faction specific ones as well, so for ex. KDF players in Omega Leonis would have that trademark Klingon battle tune.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The game has music? :eek:
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i always turn off BGM.... in every game :cool: i got my own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    I think that it is a resounding no to a BGM revamp
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    I think that it is a resounding no to a BGM revamp

You have an interesting interpretation of 'resounding' I must say.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like STO's music. Very 'Trek' feeling.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Why is it time for this now? Why wasn't it time for this last week? Why isn't next month the time for this? What is it about this particular moment that makes it time for a music revamp?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    we have had the same backround music for almost 4 years now. I understand there are other priorities but just a little bit of love to the music would be much appreciated.

Turn off background music and blast this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmUVXOXiLeM
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was time for a music revamp four years ago. We've been asking for new and/or improved music since launch. I'm afraid they don't see it as priority.

its not a priority, its not even essential or recommended. if they had a different classification of severity in for the highest gets upgraded first, music would probably be in the low priority category. so if they ever got around to it, it would probably be years from now especially if there is some sort of ground breaking computer code that revolutionizes music and how to get ultra high quality from a fraction of the current music track size and if it coincides with the music quality not being as good at the time, then it would likely see an upgrade, but an outright change to get more new music? probably not, in order to save money.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Why is it time for this now? Why wasn't it time for this last week? Why isn't next month the time for this? What is it about this particular moment that makes it time for a music revamp?

The fact that there aren't any bigger priorities, apparently, than being able to change ships anywhere in Sector Space so it's obviously "start at the bottom of the priority list and work our way up" time? ;)
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    The fact that there aren't any bigger priorities, apparently, than being able to change ships anywhere in Sector Space so it's obviously "start at the bottom of the priority list and work our way up" time? ;)

Wonder why people think that was such a huge deal on Cryptic's end. For all we know, one guy did it in his spare time while everyone else was working on Season 9...
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    The only piece I genuinely despise is the choral piece found in some missions. It reminds me a lot of some really bad 1960s experimental music my Dad had on LPs.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just made a similar plea yesterday, for music from the movie soundtracks. So far there's nothing but deafening silence in reply.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still listen to it. But usually I just ignore it.

I agree we need a revamp, put in more of the theme songs from the Shows and movies. With all the movies and shows you can have a lot of nice theme songs. For the KDF you can throw in the special KDF songs. Even the ones they sing.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    Started a thread on this a month ago. Was shut down by other fans so now I replace music with a selection pieces from Trek movies. My favorites are Theme from Undiscovered Country and Kronos Wartet.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They have added some since the start. I remember, for we asked, and it was delivered. You just don't forget that kind of thing. Much of it is from the very beginning granted. Like that "Opera Guy", or what they used to call him. :P

---
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the new theme they added with Legacy of Romulus and the Star Trek Fanfare when you enter Sirius, as well as the Colliseum music, but everything else seems rather uninspiring. I rather play the actual Trek soundtracks.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish they had the best of both worlds Borg theme for some of the Borg missions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like all games, the OST is hit or miss. I think STO has some great music: the club music are favorites of mine. There's also one exploration music that sounds like a TOS song which I absolutely love. The Romulan Battle themes, the Cardie ones and a few of the Klingon fight musics are great. The Gorn battle themes as well as the Borg ones are lack luster. But the game does have great pieces like Battle Group Omega or the Undine Battle metal piece or the S.S. Azura Rescue theme.

That said some of the more un-melodic pieces feel uninspired (sorry Kevin Manthei!) and I wish they could use some of the tracks from Star Trek Starfleet Academy by Ron Jones. Especially this piece: called "Exploring the Unknown." But all in all, STO has a decent soundtrack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You have an interesting interpretation of 'resounding' I must say.

It was a joke music / sound get it now :P
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah needs new music
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have mentioned this before about new music.
    Suggested was 2 pieces of music or something similar to,
    In startrek 2. reliant attacks.
    In startrek 3. stealing the enterprise.

Something new,more base music and alot more dramatic too.
    Lord knows if it will ever happen though.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Romulan Battle themes, the Cardie ones and a few of the Klingon fight musics are great.

the cardassian battle theme 2 had a nice pace to it, cross between cardassian feel and the maquis song from voyager right at the start, the one i cant find on youtube. i tended to try keep the music going on loop in fighting as much as possible otherwise try to quickly find another fight :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.