test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Soundtrack

caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I would love for Cryptic to release some of the music from STO. I think my favorite piece is what plays on the surface of New Romulus. It's so...chill. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat. Anyone else enjoy the STO soundtrack?
Post edited by caeloaeturnum on

Comments

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Great idea, but unlikely ;(

Not all of the music is original. 'Some' of it was designed for looping, or used as segments based on your current status. 'Some' of it comes from 3rd parties licensed for the application only.

Creating an album would be cost-prohibitive for Cryptic.
  • caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did not know that. Oh well, I can dream :)
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think Cryptic is missing out on a market share by not having more physical merchandise available. I know that ONE game has alot of physical merchandise that you can purchase right from their store, and from several other licensed vendors. Granted, that game is larger, but still profit!

I have suggested a few places before that selling a physical model of YOUR custom ship in game would be awesome. Also, models of your captain and crew in a statute.

Besides super custom stuff, there are posters, backpacks, mugs, music CDs, mousepads, hoodies, etc.

Just saying.. I REALLY would like a model of the Vesta class on my desk ;)
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love for Cryptic to release some of the music from STO. I think my favorite piece is what plays on the surface of New Romulus. It's so...chill. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat. Anyone else enjoy the STO soundtrack?

Not a big fan of it, usually have music player running and blasting ACDC songs during combat.
  • caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic is missing out on a market share by not having more physical merchandise available. I know that ONE game has alot of physical merchandise that you can purchase right from their store, and from several other licensed vendors. Granted, that game is larger, but still profit!

I have suggested a few places before that selling a physical model of YOUR custom ship in game would be awesome. Also, models of your captain and crew in a statute.

Besides super custom stuff, there are posters, backpacks, mugs, music CDs, mousepads, hoodies, etc.

Just saying.. I REALLY would like a model of the Vesta class on my desk ;)

Yeah, that one game has gotten plenty of my money for physical items in the past. I'd love a STO hoodie and backpack to show my nerdiness at college. With 3D printing on the rise, making custom models of ships and away teams would be relatively easy and, I'm guessing, profitable for PWE. As far as a soundtrack, they could release it as a download from their site. I'm no expert so I don't know how easy that would be to set up, but it's a thought.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Actually, I hate the music on New Romulus, it reminds me of department store music, while on the crapper droppin two deuces. :eek:
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not really happy with any of the music anymore. Although I would really have a blast playing my Klingon Faction characters again if the Klingon battle theme would play when I went into combat! Even just having a bunch of singers chanting out the little battle hymn that Worf and the crew of the Rotarin belted out in that one episode of DS9 would be very cool.
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    I could swear there was another thread just like this one a day or 2 ago. Anyways, I will respond the same way to this one. Don't bother asking for this as it won't happen.

Instead, go and get the music from Wrath of Khan, theme from Motion Picture and Undiscovered Country, Kronos Warter (Into Darkness) and a whole bunch of other classic Trek orchestral pieces. It will definetely liven up your game.

Personally, I love PvPing with the Klingon theme from Search from Spock. :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie