test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about real life ship models?

captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
Hello there,

I recently bought a odyssey tac cruiser, and I love it, but then something popped in my mind.

Wouldn't it be cool if cryptic released some models of ships they created, something like "the cryptic collection".

I asked around in zone chat and got positive reactions, since there are a lot of model builders.

So good idea or not, anyone?
Post edited by captainkenny1 on

Comments

• Options
    maiewskimaiewski Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the best we can hope for is that WizKids Star Trek Attack Wing and Heroclix game get popular, and they have to dive into STO for ship ideas for future expansions.

Same thing with that "ship a month" thing going on at Startrek.com

Otherwise, the licesne to do that is probably not worth the production cost.

Now here's an option; all those 3D printers that are hitting the market? Should be a lot easier to take the 3d files of the ships and translate them into something that can be printed. Pricey, but I think you're more likely to see that than some company make an Odessey available for purchase.
    DarthGM, GM Phil, Admiral Kavalon, et al

Currently cruising the Pi Canis Sector Block...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    after checking ebay for this models stuff, i found a lot of tiny models with horrible paint work to them.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ufpdewolfeufpdewolfe Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The quality of wizkids is so poor though. It would be cool to be able to get our ships and characters printed on 3d printers.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Characters first, then starships :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The models by eaglemoss are pretty decent, good size for not a huge amount and it comes with a magazine. you can even pick back orders if you dont want to collect the lot.

obviously only official ones. no cryptic ships , but still they are decent and worth checking out.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think I'd prefer if we got into a deal with a toy company that produces models and turn in OUR customized ships to be made as models. Complete with the name painted onto the model (for Federation ships anyway). And maybe prices could vary by the ship type/tier. I imagine a toy version of my favorite PC's Atrox carrier with two sets of fighters (in this case, 6 Peregrines and 6 Stalkers) would be far more expensive than the NX class vessels. :)

And I'd probably request an action figure set of captain and crew. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    willdaviesalpha1willdaviesalpha1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lonnehart wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer if we got into a deal with a toy company that produces models and turn in OUR customized ships to be made as models. Complete with the name painted onto the model (for Federation ships anyway). And maybe prices could vary by the ship type/tier. I imagine a toy version of my favorite PC's Atrox carrier with two sets of fighters (in this case, 6 Peregrines and 6 Stalkers) would be far more expensive than the NX class vessels. :)

And I'd probably request an action figure set of captain and crew. :)

That would be awesome.