test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF, Trading, & Free Fleet Access Brought to you by NoP (A Complete Package)

peyotefootstoolpeyotefootstool Member Posts: 49 Arc User
We at Nerds of Prey (NoP) have been trying to enhance the game play of our fellow STO players by bringing services that are sorely needed. It has come to our attention that many EliteSTF channels are either dead or private. To change this NoP is PROUD to bring you the NoPEliteSTF channel. Here you will find a slew of PVE heroes ready to band together for that elusive fast STF match. /channel_join NoPEliteSTF

To further bring the STO community an entire package of services we looked at the recent events befalling The Trading Channel. We at Nerds of Prey decided to rectify that so we have created NoPTradingChannel for all due to The Trading Channels current drama bomb leading it to go private. Our rules are the same and our channels will stay public for the good of the player community. The channel has already been set up a few weeks back and is ready to be use. We are saddened to see The Trading Channel go private at such short notice and hope them the best. /channel_join NoPTradingChannel

If you require any further information about the new channel or other general information you can contact me at @RivenGenesis and @grimrak in game whenever I am on. Good luck and have fun in your Sto's gameplay.

And as always the NoP Public Service channel is still available for Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
join a channel that is public and not private!
join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service

Nerds of Prey, REDdit Alert, House of Snoo, House of Beautiful, and many more fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, spire, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
its the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
the base, the mine, the embassy, and the spire all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' are so rare. it still happens though!

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by peyotefootstool on

Comments

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have to say Thanks to NOP and its members for all the help they have provided me with over the last few weeks with both my Federation and more so my KDF needs.

Thanks Again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I already belong to the Fleet invite channel, and will join the STF and Trader channels when i'm next in game :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is already a free and public elite channel for STF. Publicelitestf.
    And it's not dead either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quicktoesquicktoes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    There is already a free and public elite channel for STF. Publicelitestf.
    And it's not dead either.

Yea but its not public anymore, despite the name.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    quicktoes wrote: »

When did that happen ive been on that channel 2 years ish n it all ways been public
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone does something nice and people waste no time jumping on their case.

I'll gladly join, if for no other reason to support the new channel.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    quicktoes wrote: »
    It's public. You are probably thinking about another elitestf channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    It's public. You are probably thinking about another elitestf channel.

I thought it was elitestf had to meny rules for my liking there had a go at me for helping a new person on the channel so i left
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • pbpjfcpbpjfc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I joined the channel and now life has meaning and purpose. Thank you NoP!
  • wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can chime in here
    imadude3 wrote: »

I can most definitely confirm that PESTF (PublicEliteSTF) is still very much PUBLIC (and always will be) and free,and non tyrannical and active and all that good shiiiizzz... i really though the name would have given it away... :D

the whole private tyrannical one was ESTF/EliteSTF, notice the subtle lack of a P, or Public in the name, how drab! which ran itself into the ground :( but is actually not as bad anymore since a change of management, but unfortunately too little too late.)

hence PESTF was born during the "dark times" and our lack of tyrannical rules etc has made us the #1 largest and most active STF channel in game so happy days!

But either ways, can only wish the further growth and continued success of NOP Public Service, great channel used it myself to deck out 3 toons so thanks for that, much obliged.

And best of luck with the new channels also, as firm believers in public all access channels myself, more the merrier!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • buschmakobuschmako Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey there, it's Buschmaki

You might know me as the headmaster of the Starfleet Dental Academy, an institution that is proud to have close ties with Nerds of Prey. I'm just checking in here to let you know that we boast some of the best drilled STF runners in the world. I'm sure the vast amount of people who have completed elite STFs in record time under the leadership of Nbreeki and I can attest to that. So just ask in channel, and if I'm on we'll make sure to run you through your STFs with supreme excellence and moral rectitude. I am pleased to be making your acquaitance and look forward to new profitable opportunities (:eek::eek::eek:) in the future of business relations.
  • wanetreewanetree Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Made use of the channel for a while it's pretty great.

Recently got a set of the new Fleet tac consoles and +1 space and ground doff unlocks.

Join the channel and give it a try yourself.

Thanks NOP and all the other Fleets that are involved.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd just like to add (again) that it's not just us at NoP offering invites and advice in these channels but a whole host of fleets, both Fed and KDF. Without the community support this service wouldn't exist so a big thanks to everyone who chips in!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd just like to add (again) that it's not just us at NoP offering invites and advice in these channels but a whole host of fleets, both Fed and KDF. Without the community support this service wouldn't exist so a big thanks to everyone who chips in!

Indeed. Been here since day one pretty much, and gotten a lot of stuff that I would've had to wait awhile to otherwise get.

But now I can finally, and at long last say that my fleet can now finally offer our own invites since we have something at tier 5. Namely Fed Elite Phasers. I, like any other fleet, can't guarantee I'm always gonna be on or anything, but it is finally there, and I'm glad to be able to offer it and give back now.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to extend my thanks to the good ppl in this channel too! Very kind and generous initiative! It's much appreciated.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Indeed. Been here since day one pretty much, and gotten a lot of stuff that I would've had to wait awhile to otherwise get.

But now I can finally, and at long last say that my fleet can now finally offer our own invites since we have something at tier 5. Namely Fed Elite Phasers. I, like any other fleet, can't guarantee I'm always gonna be on or anything, but it is finally there, and I'm glad to be able to offer it and give back now.

Congrats on reaching that milestone, and the more fleets taking part the merrier. :cool:
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for setting up these channels. It's great to see things like this where other players help each other out.

If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest a NoP NWS Farming Channel. If small fleets and it's members could be given access to such a channel I think it would be hugely helpful to them. I have read several times that getting fleet marks can be a challenge for them at times and NWS farming is one of the best way to get fleet marks imo.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yes everyone join nop channels. makes it so much easier for them to datamine the game :)
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've had nothing but great results from NoP public service. People are very helpful and there's frequently someone offering cell ship invites as well.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Trolls or no, I don't care, because NoP are very thoughtful to provide such an excellent community service. Thanks guys!
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

Congratulations and as Grimrak said, the more the merrier! The more inviters we have around in the channel the easier it is for people to get what they want so every bit of help is appreciated.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • tenelltenell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NoP has created a NoPNWS for all those who want to group up for No Win Scenario. All you have to do is join the channel and start a group or ask for an invite to one if there is a group already happening.

Channel name is NoPNWS
    RlZDKhp.gif
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just want to chime in here real fast...I've used NoP Public Service many times......you guys just rock....a very BIG TY from all of the STO community to you all!!!! And yes....even with our small fleet and my feighters....i do try to help out ya a bit..gtrats to you and all fleet asscoiated with you...awesome service!!!!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kirisee wrote: »
    Just want to chime in here real fast...I've used NoP Public Service many times......you guys just rock....a very BIG TY from all of the STO community to you all!!!! And yes....even with our small fleet and my feighters....i do try to help out ya a bit..gtrats to you and all fleet asscoiated with you...awesome service!!!!

Big or small, we're happy to have you. The freighters are a huge bonus too.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
    edited January 2014
    Aye, and even if you don't have any fleet holdings or freighters to offer there's plenty of other things happening in the NoP PS channel, such as build advice, doff training and the like. Also, if you're looking to buy/sell stuff the NoPTradingChannel is there with a similar hands-off moderation approach to keep it separate from the freely traded stuff.

We had a couple of mostly-NoP ESTF groups set up last night and it was nice to see a few people in the NoPEliteSTF channel joining up with us to round out the teams and clear through some maps. Hope to see some more mixed-fleet action over the weekend!
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • ianluxorianluxor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for providing this channel.

Got a T3 Spire invite from REDDIT this (Europe) morning.

4 new tac consoles (crit, plasma damage) - yay :)
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nicely done, the NoP Public Service helped me out countless time by now and special thanks for the new trading channel!
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
    edited January 2014
    As of a short while ago NoP finished it's T3 Spire upgrade so we can now offer everything but the tailor to KDF. This does include the new fleet carriers if you can catch one of the higher ups online!
    fRhmZXV.gif