test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you impressed with the new Federation intro? (Closed, necro)

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
I know I am. Especially with the voiceovers, which are more full than in Sphere of Influence (where only Worf has his lines fully voiced while everyone else only has the first few).
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To a point, but the Borg threat still feels lackluster. It's a little too condensed as well, unfortunately that's something that probably couldn't have been avoided.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    nolaxonolaxo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Loved it. That's what it should've been fromt the start. I really wish I could replay some of my older characters through it. Is there a way to do that? There should be.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I actually thought the more condensed Borg threat made it more believable. In the old tutorial, the battle was basically won by a handful of ensigns in Mirandas.

In the new version, the Regent and Khitomer do most of the early work (even before the Borg arrive, the Regent does the heavy lifting against the Klingon ship). You flee the battle when it gets tough, struggling with some stragglers while the Regent and Khitomer face a seemingly unending fleet of Borg vessels. You try your best, but ultimately fail to save the colony, and in the end, you can't even save yourself, and the Regent, Khitomer, Armitage, and Defiant have to pull you out of the fire.

You still come out of it a hero, going above and beyond the call of duty and saving a few hundred people and a few ships fleeing what was one of the largest and oldest colonies in the Federation. But there's a different sense than the old tutorial. There's a sense that you're missing something. Like maybe a better ship, crew, or captain could have done more, like those much more powerful ships that bail you out over and over.

It's an interesting bit of motivation for the days when you finally are that captain, with that crew and that ship, and can actually make the difference you couldn't at Vega.
This discussion has been closed.