test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Episode "Facility 4208" - Jem Haddar tactical boof reward

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
So, i received this tactical boff as a reward for this mission. But i noticed u CANT modify his outfit / dimensions in the tailor, its completely locked. Is this intended or it is a bug?? Y i cant modify the simplest aspects like their body measures?? its just ridiculous..
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• Options
    inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are a LOT of boffs you cant customize....Him among them...others include,Breen,Reman,Borg boff you get from KA ground,Embassy romulan boffs,Photonic Boff,Reward from a certian rep.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A Tactical boof?! I want a science boof!!
    :D

Who cares. Since i cant modify him at all, im going to dismiss him from my roster. I will leave my dear caitian instead, that actually i prefer, but since the Jem Haddar look cool, i just wanted to try him, but if i cant modify anything at all of his appearance, there is no sense at all. Stupid rewards.. every day cryptic surprises me more and more lol.
  • Options
    bigwig77bigwig77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't dismiss him... he is a good tactical officer, give him Ketracel White and watch him kill stuff
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, he comes with Torpedo spread III which is pretty useful actually.

My caitian already had t spread III, so, since the Jem Haddar doesnt add more new and interesting skills to space, of course i will not dissmiss him, but i dont think i will use him again..

Lately , ground fights are losing my interest due to the stupid AI of the boffs and their weird behaviour. Right now, the only thing i want in a ground boff is to be able to customize his appearance, at least i will have a "motiv" to have him on ground.

I wanted the Jem Hadar to be a melee boff, since their passive skills fits very well in that role, but.. i dont like their appearance so, farewell my friend :D

And, i forgot xD, plus all of this, in the character selection screen, my jem haddar appears invisible if i put in on the default away team xD.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would also like to alter the appearance of my Jem Tac, Breen Tac, Borg Sci, Reman Sci, Voth Sci, etc.

I would also like the option to enable armor visuals on them.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I would also like to alter the appearance of my Jem Tac, Breen Tac, Borg Sci, Reman Sci, Voth Sci, etc.

I would also like the option to enable armor visuals on them.

You mean through the tailor or just armor visuals in general?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    You mean through the tailor or just armor visuals in general?

Both. They should have the same appearance options as any other officer.

I would also see all costume/appearance options opened up to all characters. The "uniform code" ship has long since sailed, so there's really no reason not to let me crew my ship with aboriginal giants in kilts anymore.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a few of the unmodifiable boffs, and I don't care I can't take them to the tailor.

When you get to the end of your dyson rep, you are not going to be able to change the look of the boff you get. Meanwhile, he's got a great skill set, a custom weapon AND can rez himself a lot more often than the 700 day android. I'd say that's a nice enough trade off to not being able to play dress-up, don't you?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I have a few of the unmodifiable boffs, and I don't care I can't take them to the tailor.

When you get to the end of your dyson rep, you are not going to be able to change the look of the boff you get. Meanwhile, he's got a great skill set, a custom weapon AND can rez himself a lot more often than the 700 day android. I'd say that's a nice enough trade off to not being able to play dress-up, don't you?

Honestly, I don't have much use for that guy, other than an addition to the collection. I don't even beam down with a science officer a lot of the time, and when I do, he's got a Reman and a Borg competing with him. Maybe if he were an Engineer...

That's something else. Let us change their careers. Perfectly reasonable that a new officer would require some training when they join Starfleet.
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Jem'Hadar boff is actually one of the better tactical boffs for doing ground stuff in the entire game. With the Jemy ground set, he has 2 forms of Shroud to use, plus stick a stack of K. White in his inventory and he will damn near out perform many tactical captian players. He makes a good boff to use if your playing an Engineer or Science char.
  • Options
    dpsmeekdpsmeek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok,..i downloaded game,..i downloaded arc,..so why do i not see a play game utton.
    button
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ryeknow wrote: »
    The Jem'Hadar boff is actually one of the better tactical boffs for doing ground stuff in the entire game. With the Jemy ground set, he has 2 forms of Shroud to use, plus stick a stack of K. White in his inventory and he will damn near out perform many tactical captian players. He makes a good boff to use if your playing an Engineer or Science char.

unfotunately, he burns through that stack of KW quickly, i think as soon as it turns off he uses it again right away.

Edit: also, you can claim it an unlimited number of times, assuming you dont already have one in your roster of active BO's or your candidate list.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dpsmeek wrote: »
    ok,..i downloaded game,..i downloaded arc,..so why do i not see a play game utton.
    button

You probably need to patch.

Also wrong thread.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy