test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Combat Engine Effects?

ibievacua19ibievacua19 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I've looked through the bug reports section, and most of the forum, and haven't been able to find any information on this.

As anyone who has them, you'll know that the Dyson Combat Engines have no visual effect, don't alter the trails, etc. I've tried it on 5 different ships, so I'm sure that's not the issue.

So, since they are the newest reputation engines in the game, and XII to boot, one would assume that they would have a visual effect, maybe something akin to the black/purple of the Obelisk carriers.

My question is if this is a bug, or intended. If it's the latter, I'd be sorely disappointed.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ibievacua19ibievacua19 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And I definitely posted this in the wrong section. Could I have this moved please? I'm sorry.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I haven't had a non-appearance-altering engine equipped in a LONG time, so I'm not certain about this, but generic engines don't have the option to enable/disable visuals, right? The Voth engine does have that option, so I would assume it's a bug and not intended.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, the entirety of the Dyson space set has a very subtle effect on your ship. The deflector is probably the most ostentatious piece. I didn't even realize the shield had an effect until I went into CE and it had zoomed in all the way onto my ship. I wouldn't be surprised if the effect on the engines was as subtle.
  • ibievacua19ibievacua19 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I will absolutely agree that the deflector effect is subtle, the shield one is not so subtle on dark hulled vessels. (Makes the Atrox look like a different ship), however there is literally no effect for the Dyson Combat Engines. I've tested it on two different characters and 7 different ships, and in no case does it alter the engines, engine trails, or anything on the ship.

JB, I think you're correct in assuming it is a bug.
This discussion has been closed.