test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

/Killme should actually kill me

kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Controls and User Interface
Honestly, the title says it all. I had to restart a rather long mission segment earlier today because I got stuck behind a wall and /stuck wasn't working and /killme DOESN'T ACTUALLY KILL ME! I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Why even call it "/kill me" if it doesn't kill me. From what I can tell it's actually an overly complex "abort mission" command. It's stupid. /killme should actually kill my character and send me back to the respawn point. I shouldn't have to restart a mission all over just to get out of a stupid wall.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, the title says it all. I had to restart a rather long mission segment earlier today because I got stuck behind a wall and /stuck wasn't working and /killme DOESN'T ACTUALLY KILL ME! I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Why even call it "/kill me" if it doesn't kill me. From what I can tell it's actually an overly complex "abort mission" command. It's stupid. /killme should actually kill my character and send me back to the respawn point. I shouldn't have to restart a mission all over just to get out of a stupid wall.

It used to work, but they removed it completely, because some oppurtunustic D-bags found a way to beam in extra Boffs using it.

So instead of fuxing the bug, they just removed the commnad altogether.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It used to work, but they removed it completely, because some oppurtunustic D-bags found a way to beam in extra Boffs using it.

So instead of fuxing the bug, they just removed the commnad altogether.

Well that makes what happened to me today even more infuriating. Because the devs were to lazy to fix an exploit, I was forced to do something over? That's just swell.
    edited January 2014
    Well that makes what happened to me today even more infuriating. Because the devs were to lazy to fix an exploit, I was forced to do something over? That's just swell.

I prefer to blame the exploitive, and oppurtunistic D-bag players.

Moslty because there may be no clear line between whats happening and how to close the door on the exploit. So they could theoretically be trying to find and fix (mind you thats just a theory) and having removed it until then.

But still D*****ads always ruin things for everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you try "/stuck"?
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    they need to have a /death command that just makes the captain die.
    edited January 2014
    Did you try "/stuck"?

Did you not read the part of my post that clearly stated /stuck wasn't working?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This would be nice to have. Went into a 20 man starbase defense earlier and the game spawned me INSIDE the starbase. I tried to fly out and use /stuck commands to no avail. I finally started getting messages that said "/Stuck command cannot be used at the present time. Contact a GM for further assistance." What the TRIBBLE good is a stuck command that stops working?

If I could use /killme then I could have died and (hopefully) respawned outside the base where I should have been.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited January 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I thought it was a troll post :P.

One can never tell these days. There's quite a few people who just skim text without comprehending the whole.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, this could potentially be a serious problem now, with the "AFK Penalty". Since you can't move, you can't fight: If you leave, you get banned. If you stay, you also get banned. If none of the commands for getting back to the spawn point work, you're screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree, /killme should kill me, im tired of my life sometimes and would like to randomly kill myself in esd or ds9 to cause confusion...
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be funny from an rp standpoint to be able to do it, *someone has a heart attack at the exchange due to price shock, or passes out from too much Romulan ale at the bar* Medic! XD!
    edited January 2014
    I think the exploit was worse than that. I'm not 100% certain since I wasn't around when it worked, but farmers could theoretically use the kill command for the pvp dailies thereby completing a match without having to move from spawn point. That's a lot of dil lost.

Well it is always and often worse than that. Especially in games and movies :D, but i was trying to be nice(sort of) without pointing out all the exploits, some of whch i didnt know because i dont make an effort to find things like that and if it happens i just assume it was a one time freak accident and go about my business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    It would be funny from an rp standpoint to be able to do it, *someone has a heart attack at the exchange due to price shock, or passes out from too much Romulan ale at the bar* Medic! XD!

maybe a /Redshirt command? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldentalosgoldentalos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe a /Redshirt command? :D

*types /Redshirt*

*Random alien spawns, kills pllayer and rampages through the starbase*
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and just for the lol's when you die the Mario death tune plays and you "glitch" out xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the exploit was worse than that. I'm not 100% certain since I wasn't around when it worked, but farmers could theoretically use the kill command for the pvp dailies thereby completing a match without having to move from spawn point. That's a lot of dil lost.
    This would never have worked, because if you kill yourself, you "was killed", and no score is granted for the death.

No, the actual result was that, apparently, people were using it to explode themselves for laughs in orbit. Other people, hating fun even more than I do, demanded that this be halted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This would never have worked, because if you kill yourself, you "was killed", and no score is granted for the death.

No, the actual result was that, apparently, people were using it to explode themselves for laughs in orbit. Other people, hating fun even more than I do, demanded that this be halted.

Is this the, my warpcore went critical and anything in 1.8km gets nasty damage exploded?
    If so then someone could grief the entry to ESD or Qo'nos. Not cool.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.