test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special player created Anniversary event on Jan 28th - 're Galaxy class

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
(we should start off with zone 8)

On Jan 28th this month there will be the one year anniversary of an insanely long thread - 530 pages and 5300 posts 'What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic' - in the federation shipyard section.

In honor of this milestone - I propose that everyone who has a galaxy ship - even if it's the old t4 free version you still have in space dock - dust it off and show up in orbit of Earth space dock for a large get together.

So what do people think of making this 'what's your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic' anniversary - a show of Galaxy's at ESD???

While I would love a new c-store version of the Galaxy - this is just supposed to be a fun event to see how many Galaxy's we can get to come out. And to commemorate a thread which for some reason has become HUGE.

P.s. I put this in the general section because there may be thousands of players who have a galaxy sitting around and might want to dust it off for this one day event.

Heck people might even want to take that galaxy off for a day long spin through the content.

Post what times would be best for you and I will pick say 2 - eastern standard - of course it would be an all day thing for your galaxy.

Currently looking at the first time from 12pm to 1pm to catch some early birds, next will be 4pm to 5pm to EST to catch a lot of Europeans and finally 8pm to 9pm to catch most of the US after work. Of course I encourage people to use the Galaxy all day - even the t4 with top gear and rep passive can keep pace with most of the games pve content.
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1st sry for mi english.

count on me, time zone -5 .

and pls dont take like some thing agresive against dev team or criptic or any one else, we want to show :

1_ We have a galaxy and still fly on it (this dont means is fine)

2_ We doit when the ship dont offer any thing more than a free lvl 40 ship ,but we still want to fly it

3_ It can have some improvement and dont break the game (like it was balanced LOL)

We should use the SRS-Galaxy channel to comunicate
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a work day for me but once I am home sure, why not, I'll even get my TNG uniforms ready for some galaxy party on the bridge.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    ehgato wrote: »
    1st sry for mi english.

count on me, time zone -5 .

and pls dont take like some thing agresive against dev team or criptic or any one else, we want to show :

1_ We have a galaxy and still fly on it (this dont means is fine)

2_ We doit when the ship dont offer any thing more than a free lvl 40 ship ,but we still want to fly it

3_ It can have some improvement and dont break the game (like it was balanced LOL)

We should use the SRS-Galaxy channel to comunicate

Good to know - perhaps people on the Galaxy channel could spread the word.

I am a big supporter of cryptic - so in no way is this against the dev team - or a protest event - just a fun event to see how many Galaxy's can come out of hiding on Jan 28th.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh hell yeah!

And there is a galaxy chat channel? :eek:
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • erisskyrinerisskyrin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just wanted to say, a big THANK YOU to all the people that have helped elevate my thread and make it a real talking point in STO. I have stood firm to keep this issue from being resolved and have continued to be a voice inside STO and on Facebook to get the Galaxy the elevated place it deserves.

It is so wonderful that people have taken my thread and helped the cause to get the Galaxy the proper powerful and moving presence on the battlefield that she deserves. Although I was formally banned from this forum for being too open. I felt the need to risk myself and show myself here as the owner of the largest thread on the STO forums.

I have read EVERY post on there and I especially want to thank Dontdrunkimshoot amongst others for their tireless dedication to the Galaxy Class. I will be proud to join this event if I can and its great to know that it means so much to some people.

Lets go have some fun in our Galaxy Class ships!

I am Warbird1988 and as Captain Picard said "The Sky's The Limit"
    edited January 2014
    erisskyrin wrote: »
    I have read EVERY post on there and I especially want to thank Dontdrunkimshoot amongst others for their tireless dedication to the Galaxy Class. I will be proud to join this event if I can and its great to know that it means so much to some people.

Lets go have some fun in our Galaxy Class ships!

s Captain Picard said "The Sky's The Limit"

Please take the high road and edit your post as I have. I want this to be a fun event that shows some support for the Galaxy and to commemorate that insanely long thread.:D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have no beef with this idea! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a Gal-X...does that count?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I predict this topic will be closed by a moderator at January 27th, 23.59 hours.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited January 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I have a Gal-X...does that count?

Any variant of the Galaxy counts!! The reason I posted it in the general section is that I am hoping players with the T4 free version that still have it - will dust it off for the day and show up in ESD. The same goes for the T4 version people may have bought just for the console. Also the T5 version and fleet should show up too.

Heck take the t4's out into the Q's for the day - while you will be a bit behind - all the New gear and rep passives make it doable. It will be an across the game Galaxy class day!
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great idea!!!

I'll also join in with my Gal-X. Can you name one or two timeslots?
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sure, why not? I'll take out my T5 Galaxy. Also, there's a Galaxy chat channel?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /channel_join SRS Galaxy

sweet, can't believe that I have somehow missed that channel before now! :O

a Galaxy day could be fun indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Great idea!!!

I'll also join in with my Gal-X. Can you name one or two timeslots?

If people post say 3 time slots - all eastern standard time - that they think would be good, I will add it to the OP. Of course hanging around ESD all day in your galaxy would be good to:P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think we should encourage a thread full of people that can't grasp the concept that their idea of what a ship should be doesn't necessarily mean that's what the ship ought to be.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Fleet Gal will be there. :) A good community event. If nothing else.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I don't think we should encourage a thread full of people that can't grasp the concept that their idea of what a ship should be doesn't necessarily mean that's what the ship ought to be.

For what it's worth, I just want to see a map full of Galaxy's.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On Jan 28th this month there will be the one year anniversary of an insanely long thread - 530 pages and 5300 posts 'What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic' - in the federation shipyard section.

In honor of this milestone - I propose that everyone who has a galaxy ship - even if it's the old t4 free version you still have in space dock - dust it off and show up in orbit of Earth space dock for a large get together.

So what do people think of making this 'what's your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic' anniversary - a show of Galaxy's at ESD??

Should we also try to have some time slots posted to try to get the most Galaxy's in ESD at certain times?

P.s. I put this in the general section because there may be thousands of players who have a galaxy sitting around and might want to dust it off for this one day event.

Heck people might even want to take that galaxy off for a day long spin through the content.

Post what times would be best for you and I will pick say 3 - eastern standard - of course it would be an all day thing for your galaxy.

YES! Count me IN!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    For what it's worth, I just want to see a map full of Galaxy's.

That is my big goal as well - whether they ever do a Galaxy enhanced retrofit or not - the point is to show some support for the ship and I thought it would be a fun idea since that massive thread has been going strong for almost a year.

Besides it's between official events that I know of - so what's the harm?
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to suggest 4pm EST. That's 10pm Central European and 9pm UK time
    edited January 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I'd like to suggest 4pm EST. That's 10pm Central European and 9pm UK time

4pm to 5 pm EST sounds good for the first time slot - then maybe 8pm to 9pm EST for the second slot to get those coming off work in most of the US
  • breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "/channel_join SRS Galaxy"

Did you mean "SRS-Galaxy"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, not going to be there for that, if I'm there at all, I'd be in my Fleet Excel, or my old T1 Constitution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
    edited January 2014
    breygorn wrote: »
    Did you mean "SRS-Galaxy"?

yes, it's SRS-Galaxy including the -
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So what do people think of making this 'what's your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic' anniversary - a show of Galaxy's at ESD???

While I would love a new c-store version of the Galaxy - this is just supposed to be a fun event to see how many Galaxy's we can get to come out. And to commemorate a thread which for some reason has become HUGE.

Post what times would be best for you and I will pick say 2 - eastern standard - of course it would be an all day thing for your galaxy.

Currently looking at the first time from 4pm to 5pm EST to catch a lot of Europeans and 8pm to 9pm to catch most of the US after work.
    Slackers. If you were to add up all the posts asking for a T5 Constitution class you'd have vastly more than a measly 5300 posts.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ill be there! ^^
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The one time to show support, and it is at my working hour...*podoo*
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
    edited January 2014
    truewarper wrote: »
    The one time to show support, and it is at my working hour...*podoo*

It should be an all day - use your Galaxy event - but if there is lots of interest then I could add an 12pm to 1pm EST slot as well. I will update things if people want different times.