test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I want in Star Trek Online In A Future Patch Or Expansion

tenjefftenjeff Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Things I want in Star Trek Online

TOS Gorn Uniform

More Male and Female Klingon Uniform/Body/Head/Hair options. (Cannot yet accurately create the Klingons from Star Trek V.)

Whatever happend to Nog from DS9?

New ways to add slots to existing ships, add extra weapon slots, consoles, etc, allowing a purchased ship to be kept usable longer, or to level 60+

More unique weapons and equipment for Character Classes, Example : Shoulder Mounted Mini Torpedo Launcher For Tac officers (used by Worf in Star Trek: Insurrection)

Ability to customize Ship Crew uniform, as well as Bridge Crew Uniform, instead of Ship Crew using the default.

More Adventures taking place on the Player?s Ship.

Missions that would require the Player to use the Player?s other ships, Example: Light Cruiser, Cruiser, etc.
Post edited by tenjeff on

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tenjeff wrote: »
    TOS Gorn Uniform
    That might happen, but it's unlikely because it seems like they want to create all new costumes.
    Male and Female Klingon Uniform/Body/Head/Hair options. (Cannot yet accurately create the Klingons from Star Trek V.)
    Refer to my opinion on the TOS Gorn Uniform.
    Whatever happened to Seven Of Nine, Captain Janeway, Harry Kim, Tom Paris, B'Elanna Torres, Barclay, Garak, Odo, Kira, Chekov, and many many others?
    New ways to add slots to existing ships, add extra weapon slots, consoles, etc, allowing a purchased ship to be kept usable longer, or to level 60+
    Bad idea, plus level 60+ would TRIBBLE off a lot of players. Ships are already good enough, if Level 60 offers better ships, players will leave. Just create more ships that are just as good.
    More unique weapons and equipment for Character Classes, Example : Shoulder Mounted Mini Torpedo Launcher For Tac officers (used by Worf in Star Trek: Insurrection)
    We have plenty, as for the mini-torpedo launcher, that's why there's a blast assault.
    Ability to customize Ship Crew uniform, as well as Bridge Crew Uniform, instead of Ship Crew using the default.
    I'd love that, we can already modify Bridge Crew uniforms though. However, there's not really much in it for Cryptic.
    Until they add more bridge stuff, no.
    Missions that would require the Player to use the Player?s other ships, Example: Light Cruiser, Cruiser, etc.
    Already been added, but it's only 2 missions, and frankly, I'm happy that it's that way.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Things I want in Star Trek Online

TOS Gorn Uniform

More Male and Female Klingon Uniform/Body/Head/Hair options. (Cannot yet accurately create the Klingons from Star Trek V.)

Much of what you have requested has been asked for time and time again in the past, you have just joined the list of players that have asked for what you have in the past.

If you give players the ability to add slots to existing ships, money wise Cryptic will lose out. STO makes it's money by offering new ships with more slots to purchase. If players decided just to add slots to existing ships then they won't buy new ships from the C Store.

The uniform customisation gets asked numerous times every year, it is too complex for it to be done.

Ship interior usage yes I do agree. I recently submitted a thread relating to installing a holosuite.

Why have missions that you would need a lesser ability ship to complete, it is far better to have a more advanced ship instead of going backwards, plus most players only have purchased ships in their garages.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014

All this on your Tier 5 Constitution, of course?

So..."adventures" that take place in a single room? (You've seen what passes for a "ship interior" on the Obelisk, right?)

Let's go with "no."
    edited January 2014
    That might happen, but it's unlikely because it seems like they want to create all new costumes.

Refer to my opinion on the TOS Gorn Uniform.

Whatever happened to Seven Of Nine, Captain Janeway, Commander Chakotay, Harry Kim, Tom Paris, B'Elanna Torres, Barclay, Garak, Odo, Kira, Chekov, and many many others?

Bad idea, plus level 60+ would TRIBBLE off a lot of players. Ships are already good enough, if Level 60 offers better ships, players will leave. Just create more ships that are just as good.

We have plenty, as for the mini-torpedo launcher, that's why there's a blast assault.

I'd love that, we can already modify Bridge Crew uniforms though. However, there's not really much in it for Cryptic.

Until they add more bridge stuff, no.

Already been added, but it's only 2 missions, and frankly, I'm happy that it's that way.

Chakotay is dead. Do you not remember Admiral Janeway visiting his grave in End Game.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Chakotay is dead. Do you not remember Admiral Janeway visiting his grave in End Game.

Completely different timeline that doesn't exist anymore. Chakotay might be dead, but nothing has been revealed about him that I know of that supports whether he is dead or alive.
    edited January 2014

What starkaos said, that was a different timeline.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What I'd like to see is either a tier 4 D'kyr, or a way to Romulans to get the tier 5 D'kyr.
    It's not as if it's a modern ship so the "we're not giving top of the line equipment to allies" excuse isn't holding.

And yeah more customization, more things to enhance roleplay and most importantly...More Foundry stuff.
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Completely different timeline that doesn't exist anymore. Chakotay might be dead, but nothing has been revealed about him that I know of that supports whether he is dead or alive.
    What starkaos said, that was a different timeline.

Yep I back track.

I found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakotay

Where in the non canon novels he becomes Captain of Voyager after the death of Janeway. But the storyline is non canon so therefore can be dismissed.
  • rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want them to add more windows to Space Dock, some of them really big ones, you know what i mean?
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Does...no one...understand... temporal... mechanics!!!

Chakotay's gravesite was in an alternate timeline, that was erased by Admiral Janeway when she went back to Voyager Prime and said "Come with me if you want to live."

In the Path to 2409 log entries, it says that Chakotay is alive and well as head of Starfleet Intelligence. He was present at the opening of the Alpha Centauri Transwarp gate.

To the OP: You have asked for what many have asked for many many times before. More uniforms would be nice. Being able to set the Duty uniforms for your ship would be nice. Both are somewhere in between "being discussed" and "being developed"

As to the customised ship layout idea, I believe it has been discussed a few times already the technical hurdles of such things; not to mention balancing issues. Not only that, but why are we making a fuss about lvl 60 when it is just rumor and speculation!!! We have no idea what a level cap increase will entail, nor what it will mean for our ships or gameplay. So why are we as players making an issue out of something that has not been officially announced yet?

I would much rather have our efforts focused at what is at hand, rather than making up contacts out of sensor ghost.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here is Path of 2409 Volume 22 Chapter 5: "The Undine threat is real," Admiral Chakotay told the Council. "The Klingons know it. We should acknowledge it. Perhaps if we were helping them fight the Undine, more innocent people could be saved."

Path of 2409 Volume 25 Chapter 1: "In these troubled times, this technology is more important than ever," said Admiral Chakotay at the opening of a transwarp hub in the Alpha Centauri system. "Speed is essential if we need to repel an attack by the Klingons or the Romulans, or evacuate an entire planet if there is an environmental disaster. Just as warp drive once made the stars reachable, transwarp will make exploration of the entire galaxy possible."

Path of 2409 Volume 27 Chapter 4: In one Starfleet promotion of note, Admiral Chakotay was named the new head of Starfleet Intelligence. Chakotay promised to bring more openness and accountability to what traditionally had been a very reclusive post. In one of the Admiral's first briefings to Starfleet Command, he laid out what he saw as the current Undine situation in the Federation. Chakotay admitted that Starfleet Intelligence believed that there were at least 30 Undine infiltrators in Starfleet or high-level Federation posts. "We're in trouble," Chakotay said. "There could be an Undine in this room, and we wouldn't know." While Starfleet Intelligence did not have a foolproof method of detecting Undine in humanoid form, it was working on new technology to make this more feasible.

So we can conclude that Chakotay was alive in 2404 and was Head of Starfleet Intelligence. Whether he is still Head of Starfleet Intelligence or alive in 2409 is not known.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well what I want:

1. Playable bridge officers. In wich manor ever.

Star Trek was not about the Captains, it was about the crews. I want to beam down as the first officer, or chief enginier or tactical officer if the ship, it makes no sense that 5 admirals take on the Borg singel handet while 10.000 trained crewmen better suited sit in orbit and play poker.
    This is not a real Star Trek game until this happens.

2. Working ship interiors. Including customizable crew uniforms, stations and more reasons to use it in the first place.

3 A Hegh'ta refit.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep I back track.

I found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakotay

Where in the non canon novels he becomes Captain of Voyager after the death of Janeway. But the storyline is non canon so therefore can be dismissed.

As others have said Chakotay was in command of Star Fleet intelligence.

When Voyager came back the entire crew got a 2 rank promotion. Chakotay got promoted to Captain and took over Voyager when Janeway became an admiral with Tom Parris as his XO as a Lt Cmdr.

7 of 9 went on to lead the fight against the Borg for a long time. Then when the Borg Taskforce disbanded she left star fleet to teach at a college.

The rest, hell if I know.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for the federation: a frigate pet and an actual starfleet 2 hangar carrier

for the KDF: a 3 sci ships. honest to goodness real deal sci ships based on the DSSV LRRS and RSV

for the Romulans: a t'varo skin with the bird of prey on it. a cloaking D-7 / K'tinga cruiser

for all: the ability of bridge officers to wear what the captain is wearing (assuming same gender) including off duty outfits.
    Spock.jpg

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whatever happened to Seven Of Nine, Captain Janeway, Harry Kim, Tom Paris, B'Elanna Torres, Barclay, Garak, Odo, Kira, Chekov, and many many others?

Nog was in charge of operations on DS9, a heavy load on his shoulders but if he took it with a dose of reality each time he would of likely made captain and considering his initial drive to become someone, he probably did become captain.

Seven got married to Chakotay then went to work for starfleet on a taskforce to defend against the borg.

Janeway was made admiral and likely retired somewhere. good riddance.

Kim likely got himself the captains chair he always wanted.

Paris likely transfered to another area within starfleet as a pilot by testing new things for starfleet, probably given a pardon from prison and looked after his family.

Torres would of most certainly left the service to look after miral and mend some fences before deciding what she wanted.

Barclay likely remained under the care of Admiral Paris and probably given command of his own research staff and his thoughts on what could be possible.

Garak returned home, helped the rebuilding effort and after he admitted his ideals need a recheck it wouldnt be outside the realm that he could of helped the dissidents become a factor in cardassian politics to make sure old ways die out.

Odo left for the great link, considering what happened over the years, it may take a while for him to be trusted to leave the link again and considering changelings have no concept of time then its very possible they could be still at it.

Kira became DS9's station commander after sisko's godhood, and likely became a General before long then left the service to challenge for the position of Kai.

Chekov that last i know he flew up the ranks to the head of starfleet and was still in charge. unsure if he still lives as he would of been around 130 in 2370's.

Tuvok? probably remained in starfleet and got his life threatening condition sorted at home.

Chakotay? most certainly left the service, probably retired to a nice job in archeology somewhere.

Bashir? struck me as the type to be a medical officer in charge of some outpost somewhere once more with a few more pips before becoming captain and going out there and exploring which he liked doing as well.

Doctor? remained in starfleet, became the head of starfleet medical while advancing holographic rights and publishing holonovels.

plenty of others. most in part is from bits and pieces i have read over the years.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014

thats a moot point anyways, voyager was made into a statue on the ground of starfleet like the nx-01 and connie before it. voyagers flight was it's last the mission through the delta quadrant.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kazon faction! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the STO timeline in 2406, Admiral Chakotay was named head of Starfleet Intelligence

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Accolade/Lore

The Path to 2409: Volume 27, Chapter 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wants a First Officer Promotion system.

And a Dominion faction.

And a permanent fix for the new ship bug that keeps ruining my skill trays.

And some more RP-focused missions, preferably exploration, first contact, and colonization-style missions. Puzzle missions would also be greatly appreciated. Star Trek is about thinking, and I wants to think some more.

I figure that that would make a great expansion and season 9.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Seven of Nine left Starfleet when they decided to ignore the Borg threat and dissasemble the Borg Task Force. She joined the Daystrom Institute and works there now.

Janeway is an admiral in Starfleet these days.

Harry Kim is the Commanding Officer of Starbase 114 or 177? I don't reember the number.

Garak is a member of the new Cardassian Government under the Detapa Council.

Odo returned to the great link after the Dominion War.

Kira somehow became Kai of Bajor.

Chekov is an admiral in Starfleet.

Picard retired and lives in France, making a damn good wine in his free time.

Data was/is the Captain of the Enterprise-E that went missing.

Nog was the Chief Engineer on the Enterprise-E that went missing.

Riker commands the U.S.S. Titan and Troy serves as councelor on the same ship.

Beverly Crusher is the Captain of the U.S.S. Pasteur.

Geordi LaForge took a break from Starfleet and worked in the Daystrom Institute, but activated his commison again and was given a command of a ship whose name eludes me atm even if my life depended on it.

Chakotay is the Head of Starfleet Intelligence.

Tuvok left Starfleet over the same disagreements about the Borg threat and the dissasembly of the Borg Task Force. He's a renegade now. :)

Wesley Crusher left Starfleet to pursue a career as a clown. :D

I have no idea about the others, but this is what I've found out so far from the STO lore.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. I want a guild/fleet between war,
    2. include a planet where the fleet starbase can allocated to,
    3. the planet where we can build a small town or city with defences against hostile attacks,
    4. the extra ships we have can be used by Bridge officers on patrol missions.

But i guess these most likely not going to happened...haha:D
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Seven of Nine left Starfleet when they decided to ignore the Borg threat and dissasemble the Borg Task Force. She joined the Daystrom Institute and works there now.

Janeway is an admiral in Starfleet these days.

Harry Kim is the Commanding Officer of Starbase 114 or 177? I don't reember the number.

Garak is a member of the new Cardassian Government under the Detapa Council.

Odo returned to the great link after the Dominion War.

Kira somehow became Kai of Bajor.

Chekov is an admiral in Starfleet.

Picard retired and lives in France, making a damn good wine in his free time.

Data was/is the Captain of the Enterprise-E that went missing.

Nog was the Chief Engineer on the Enterprise-E that went missing.

Riker commands the U.S.S. Titan and Troy serves as councelor on the same ship.

Beverly Crusher is the Captain of the U.S.S. Pasteur.

Geordi LaForge took a break from Starfleet and worked in the Daystrom Institute, but activated his commison again and was given a command of a ship whose name eludes me atm even if my life depended on it.

Chakotay is the Head of Starfleet Intelligence.

Tuvok left Starfleet over the same disagreements about the Borg threat and the dissasembly of the Borg Task Force. He's a renegade now. :)

Wesley Crusher left Starfleet to pursue a career as a clown. :D

I have no idea about the others, but this is what I've found out so far from the STO lore.

I think the OP meant voice-overs.
  • maghiel23maghiel23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want to be able to travel through sector space while sitting in my captain chair.
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Many much good things have already been mentioned, and for the most part I agree. The one thing I would really like to see, however, is not a new faction or a new sector of space, not a new class of starship or some sort of uber-weapon. What I want to see is this:

I want to see the rest of the STO universe, as it exists now, full-fledged and completely realized. I'll explain...

There are already dozens of systems in the game already, most of which are useless. You can't go to them, you can't patrol them, you can't investigate them. There are whole planets and systems that are only used for certain episodes or missions and have no other content or purpose. For example, the only place you can go to on the whole of Earth is Star Fleet Acadamy. You can only go to Vulcan for certain episodes. The only thing you can do on Andoria is run around in the snow. And on Bajor, there is only one small city you can tromp around in, and again, it is only useful for a particular set of episodes. I think more of Defara and Nukara has been mapped out than Earth!

I think that content and maps need to be made for every planet and system that has already been presented. I think that the Federation sectors need a few more systems added...compared to, say, the Tau Dewa sector, the Fed sectors look a tad sparse. It's something smaller than a huge yearly update or season. You don't need new ships, new weapons, new costumes, or even new textures really. Just by using what is already there, all of these worlds can be filled in. Every month or two present another filled in sector. Just provide some content.

There would be lots of people to talk to, to meet. You could introduce whole new story lines that run tangential to the big main one, smaller story lines that have a definite conclusion. Hell, a TRIBBLE-ton of the duty officer assignments could be used as the basis for some of these! You could actually infiltrate and destroy another factions weapon's lab instead of having the doffs do it for you.

Not saying do away with the doff missions; you could keep this new content for us poor schmucks who are stuck in endgame with nothing to do but grind away for our fleet holdings. More content would be a god-send, really. And it's all already set up. Again, you wouldn't need more ships, or sets, or anything like that. Sure, you could introduce it just for fun, but it wouldn't be universe shattering, would it, if you didn't.

'nuff said
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q faction, with the ability to change other players into whatever you want. and fly though space as a giant head, or on a horse whatever you think would confuse people the most. :P

and more bird of preys for klingons, actually more smaller ships in general.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • williamstowilliamsto Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First this is not a complaint list, it is just some thing I have wanted since I started playing STO, my following requests are:

I want more of the Admiral Uniforms like in Janeways in the Last episode of Voyager, or Riker's in AGT's

I want to position my Bridge crew into the the seats I want on the Bridge of my ship

I want to Bridge crew to mean something other then suggesting DOffs

I want to show off my ships that I don't use in some way.

I want more trophies for my interior.

I want Exploration to mean something, I want to get out there with my crew and feel like I am exploring the unknown!

Finally I want crafting to be worth something
    12th Fleet-Command Advisor
    12th Fleet is looking for new recruits!
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anything TOS ever asked for by anyone, and proper Romulan Fleets instead of these labor camps powered by guest workers. Thank you so very much in advance. Gratitude overflow will be vented starboard bow. :D

---
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want to ACTUALLY be able to dock at ESD. Instead of them taking over and jumping to the load screen, let me pilot the dang thing in! How sweet would that be!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A cinematic tool where you can reenact scenes in Star Trek such as the intros and drydock sequences. This includes flybys of your captain and BOFF names. Nothing interactive, just set the specifics, hit play, lean back, and bath in the glory of it all.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar