test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mk XII Kits?

robpivarnikrobpivarnik Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
STOWiki says the game has Mk XII kits, but I can't figure out from where they're available.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Un ami est quelqu'un qui te connait bien, mais t'aime quand meme.
Post edited by robpivarnik on

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fleet Embassy in the shuttle bay. Cost FC and Dil, I think the fleet needs to run an unlock first.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    In addition to the Embassy, kits can be found at your completed Fleet Spire.
  • Options
    galacticalphagalacticalpha Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You have to go to your star base and check which tier you are to obtain....their is mkX, XI, and XII,,,,also check your reputations,,they have good gear besides the kits from your star base. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    must be in a fleet with provisions.

2 ways to get it.

The fleet you are in has the them unlocked at embassy or spire.

or be in a fleet that has provisions and then get invited to another fleets embassy or spire. (this will use the provision from the fleet you are in)

the XII kits are tier 3 unlock
  • Options
    robpivarnikrobpivarnik Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That would explain it.

I've refrained from joining a fleet, because I've been waiting for several friends to get off their lazy behinds and start playing STO.
    Un ami est quelqu'un qui te connait bien, mais t'aime quand meme.
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've refrained from joining a fleet, because I've been waiting for several friends to get off their lazy behinds and start playing STO.
    I'm not sure this is a good reason to refrain from joining a fleet.

First off, you are free to leave a fleet at any time, and any Fleet Credits you earn contributing to the projects go with you. So there is nothing to stop you joining a fleet in the mean time.

Secondly, if your aim is to start your own Fleet and build up a Starbase with a full set of holdings, that will be months of effort. :eek:

A way to get around building the Starbase and holdings is to use the NoP Public Service channel to get access to starbases / embassies / mines / spires of other fleets, using your own fleets provisions to buy the fleet goodies. :cool:
    This doesn't apply to Fleet Ships though, as you need to use the Provisions of the shipyard's fleet.

Thirdly, if you join a friendly fleet, you'll hopefully meet some people who can help expand your knowledge of the game and perhaps make some new friends. :D
    Or discover just how many control freaks there are out their with fleets :(
  • Options
    robanskerobanske Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a question, what do you mean by kits?
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robanske wrote: »
    Just a question, what do you mean by kits?
    Kits are the Ground Kits that you can equip your Captain with (only 1 at a time) which give him a set of Skills / Abilities. These kits are class specific (Tac, Eng, Sci), such as "Squad Leader", "Grenade Satchel" and "Fire Team" kits for Tactical captains.
  • Options
    jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My question has been answered on another thread......
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jtkirk15 wrote: »
    Sorry about this, I'm a noobie to all this. So how do you join the "NoP Public Service"?

In the chatbox, type /channel_join NoP Public Service and hit enter. You can then right click on any one of your chat tabs and choose which ones this chat channel appears on, and customize the colour of its text.
    EnYn9p9.jpg