test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Security Team...

breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
I've mentioned this a long time ago, so, thought I'd mention it again. See what people think.

basically, remove the clearing boarding party from tactical team.
let security team do that and give it a crew resist bonus while active.

As it stands, I think tactical team does way too much for just one little ensign ability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by breygorn on

Comments

• Options
    breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did any one have thoughts about this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you stop tactical team from clearing boarding parties, then you simply have to remove boarding parties from ever affecting players.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If everyone and their uncle puts tac team on all their builds, then that's a sign that the ability is too valuable to pass up. Which is also a good indicator that it's unbalanced.

Instead of hitting it with the nerf hammer, I'd rather see the other two team abilities get a boost. Or maybe remove the shared cooldown, which honestly is probably the biggest problem.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I never undserstand why Tactical team would influence shield distribution at all. I get the damage buff (kinda) and I get the boarding party removal. But why the third perk of redistributing shields? If any, shield manipulation is something you'd expect of engineers or sci teams to work on.

I personally would rework Tactical Team to a offensive/defensive hybrid ability. On allies and self it buffs damage and clears boarding parties. But you can target enemies with it once their shield facing is down and transport tactical teams to their vessel, resulting in a boarding party effect and damage debuff.

Engineering and Science Teams on the other hand would keep their debuff clearing, instant repair and either should both get the shield redistribution OR remove the shield distribution entirely and instead give us ways to increase manual shield distribution.

Further I'd suggest that all teams should have a decreasing chance of clearing debuffs/boarding parties above their own level, meaning a level 3 energy syphon should be cleared by a lvl 3 science team with 100% chance. If you have a lvl 1 science team, the chance of clearing the debuff goes down to 25%. This adds a new layer of strategy to the teams.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    If everyone and their uncle puts tac team on all their builds, then that's a sign that the ability is too valuable to pass up. Which is also a good indicator that it's unbalanced.

Instead of hitting it with the nerf hammer, I'd rather see the other two team abilities get a boost. Or maybe remove the shared cooldown, which honestly is probably the biggest problem.

^^This!!!!!

I am so sick of feeling that i only have one group of guys that seems to do anything.

Enginnering team to your stations! *group puts on technician slacks*

Science team i need more shields! *group changes into lab coats*

Quickly we are being boarded!! *group puss out phaser rifles from under lab coats*

I mean FFS, i get that it is the only Team so all Teams share a CD, but its a bit BS. Please remove that shared CD, or drop the interteam shared to 5s, and keep the duplicate where it is.

But really why, its not like the combined power of these Teams makes you a god, it just makes more sense.

That or Remove all 4 teams, lump all their abilities together into one massive ability and rename it Rapid Response Team.

Because that is what you have essentially done you made one team be far better than the others, and made it so its the only one worth using, because if you use the others that one may be on CD when you need it.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I never undserstand why Tactical team would influence shield distribution at all. I get the damage buff (kinda) and I get the boarding party removal. But why the third perk of redistributing shields? If any, shield manipulation is something you'd expect of engineers or sci teams to work on.

I personally would rework Tactical Team to a offensive/defensive hybrid ability. On allies and self it buffs damage and clears boarding parties. But you can target enemies with it once their shield facing is down and transport tactical teams to their vessel, resulting in a boarding party effect and damage debuff.

Engineering and Science Teams on the other hand would keep their debuff clearing, instant repair and either should both get the shield redistribution OR remove the shield distribution entirely and instead give us ways to increase manual shield distribution.

Further I'd suggest that all teams should have a decreasing chance of clearing debuffs/boarding parties above their own level, meaning a level 3 energy syphon should be cleared by a lvl 3 science team with 100% chance. If you have a lvl 1 science team, the chance of clearing the debuff goes down to 25%. This adds a new layer of strategy to the teams.

I also like this. It adds something we RTS mongers like to call "strategy" :cool:
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    From what I heard one of the reasons it's a mess is because tactical team didn't distribute shields and so was massively underused to the hull and shield healing teams.

So they buffed it, course they also buffed damage way higher too so now it's one of the best ways to deal with taking moderate to high damage.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.