test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Textures/Icons in season 8 *FIX INCOMING See post 608 page 61*

Comments

• mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I too am having this issue as described by many others.
  • eagle420eagle420 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im having the same problem , thank god someone else has the same problem , i was going to replace the video card ...
  • starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Been haveing the same issues since Season 8. Thought it was just me. Textures and icons disappearing, like cloud effects becomeing squares, uniforms not loading, nothing visiable in the inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bug Report List [5] of 5

Please see introduction post on 1st page for context and index of additional lists.

Possibly related threads:

Slightly older (pre-S8) but included as indicative of the current occurrences ->
    White square appearing over ship in combat
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=899141

Possibly related if the observed effect is a result of a replaced or low res texture ->
    Graphics Glow
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=916521

Within thread 'Latest bugs (S8)' implies the same sector space missing textures, but report is brief ->
    Odd graphics
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13526581&postcount=2

OP's report appears to be a mixture of the two big S8 graphical bugs; missing textures & smearing/stuttering ->
    Graphics problem: GPU or game glitches?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930691

OP makes reference to closed thread (timeframe would suggest the smearing/stuttering bug) but has reported experiencing missing textures elsewhere ->
    About the graphics issue
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=936721

Reporting only one of the occurrences (low-res substitution, rather than single colour or transparent) but with common time/map-change delayed onset trigger ->
    Low quality graphics for characters in "status" menu
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=945911

Reporting only one of the occurrences (white boxes, additionally along with screen freezes) but with common delayed onset trigger ->
    Strange graphical anomalies/freezes?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14241671

Reporting on similar NPC (skin, costume texture changes) but with onset from or close to game start ->
    Skin glitches
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=970541

A mixture of missing effects and grey outs during mid-mission play; reported between OP and respondents ->
    Not seeing some graphics
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1003571
    edited January 2014
    +++ Future list growth placeholder (Following splitting lists for the fourth time!! Needed to make more room for new reports/affected users, while avoiding excessively long / screen-hogging, individual posts) +++
  • dchizzledchizzle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi all,

I didn't notice it at first when Sphere of Influence came out. But like most others, I started to have the same issues since the start of s8. My symptoms are the same as others: walls become clear, super neon bright colors, item icons disappear and so on.

Just like many others, lgging on/off works. However, I am usually a pretty patient person, but lately i have had to log on/off several times just to get my duty officers to start tasks.

Please Cryptic fix this soon, I want to play without logging on/off like 5 times an hour per character
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Add another victim to this pile. On the Mac client.

Brand new 27' iMac
    3.5 ghz I7
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 780m
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New year we have all been back to work for a week, or more, devs give us a bone this problem seems to be growing, more and more people are posting this graphics issue.

We have had no support from you on this, Taco saying they can't replacate is all we've had!

This is a serve issue In which textures are not loaded on map changes.

This only appeared after season 8 was introduced.

The specs posted hear are all over the place it's NOT at our end.

We know you the devs have a record of ignoring bugs which you can't fix or are unable, uniforms on non fed toons for example, is this going to be one because with the lack of feed back for a thread this big it seems you just don't care.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
    edited January 2014
    is it possible a 3rd party memory leak could be causing this? I've turned off chrome and it seems to help. I'm just curious is many of us use chrome as a browser? Of, course I'm not a tech person so more than likely the fact I turned it off and it helps could just be the law of large numbers at work.. and purely coincidental .
    edited January 2014
    wry1 wrote: »
    is it possible a 3rd party memory leak could be causing this? I've turned off chrome and it seems to help. I'm just curious is many of us use chrome as a browser? Of, course I'm not a tech person so more than likely the fact I turned it off and it helps could just be the law of large numbers at work.. and purely coincidental .

Right here goes, the day before the season 8 patch I was playing STO fine, the years before I was playing STO fine, after I patched to season 8 I got the graphics issues.

I was playing before the server down time and playing almost as soon as it was up, MY SYSTEM DID NOT CHANGE, but I got these issues.

This has become one of the most viewed and posted topics on the sub-board, even almost as the sticky topics but one of the most ignored by the developers, he'll its not even acknowledge in the patch notes. I'm sorry you can't reproduce it so it's best to ignore it and hope we all go quiet............

Edit, I didn't use Chrome.........

• cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    litchy74 wrote: »
    Right here goes, the day before the season 8 patch I was playing STO fine, the years before I was playing STO fine, after I patched to season 8 I got the graphics issues.

I was playing before the server down time and playing almost as soon as it was up, MY SYSTEM DID NOT CHANGE, but I got these issues.

This has become one of the most viewed and posted topics on the sub-board, even almost as the sticky topics but one of the most ignored by the developers, he'll its not even acknowledge in the patch notes. I'm sorry you can't reproduce it so it's best to ignore it and hope we all go quiet............

Edit, I didn't use Chrome.........

Couldn't say it any better, right down to your Edit.
    Now I ask you all, WHY can't they reproduce this problem? Here's a thought: Because they are trying to reproduce it either on a machine which has all the textures already and doesn't need to load them from the server, or they are working on things from the side of the traffic bottleneck where things instantly load no matter what the traffic load happens to be.

Hopefully someone in the fixit crew will realise this and venture out of the office or something lol.
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm still convinced it's related to the "Material Files Reloaded" thing.

I'd just like some feedback. We have a couple posts from Taco weeks ago and that's it.
  • gavvy87gavvy87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's definitely getting worse, most of the time I'm only getting 5 minutes and 1 - 2 map changes before I need to restart. Just swapping between a few toons to do doff assignments forces me to restart 3 or 4 times.

It's been a while since we've heard anything it would nice for someone to check in and let us know it's still being worked on.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gavvy87 wrote: »
    It's definitely getting worse, most of the time I'm only getting 5 minutes and 1 - 2 map changes before I need to restart. Just swapping between a few toons to do doff assignments forces me to restart 3 or 4 times.

It's been a while since we've heard anything it would nice for someone to check in and let us know it's still being worked on.

Last night I was logged in for only 10 minutes and the textures started to fail :( So.....

I'm staying out of the game until this is resolved. Having to grind for "toys" in game is one thing but constantly having to restart the client has pushed me past the point of wanting to play at all.

There's other entertainment out there that doesn't have the same issue(s) and I'll happily move to that while this bug is still rampant.

I work in IT everyday, guess what Cryptic, when I come home I DO NOT want to be facing more IT issues! For [insert deity of your choice here] Sake!!! Acknowledge the problem at least!

So for now if anyone wants me I'll be in War Thunder getting shot down a lot :o lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another day
    Another dolla
    Missing graphics
    Makes me holla

Today was orange. Everything was orange. Especially New Romulus Command.

So orange.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't say it's getting worse. Sometimes it happens in just 10 minutes, sometimes only after 1 hour, or a lot more.
    ###################
  • drysyndrysyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    more than 2 months since this thread was made and STILL they haven't fixed it, see you in 6 months
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They still even refuse to acknowledge that this issue exists.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They still even refuse to acknowledge that this issue exists.

I'm wondering if they do any testing on 32 bit. I went out and got a computer that was on sale last weekend that came with 64 bit windows 8 and I haven't had this happen on it yet.

Although I also haven't had the time to sit down and have an 8 hour sto binge with it yet either which would be the only way for me to know for sure if this rig doesn't have the problem. xD

As soon as I got this computer I ripped it open and threw my nvidia card in it. My other pc that ran sto fine before s8 was 32 bit vista.

My guess is it's a dx 32 bit compatibility issue because so far I've only seen 32bit users have this problem. Also by changing to dx9ex on 32 bit seemed to help a little. If this is the case they might want to consider changing the system requirements for the game. :(

If I do run into this issue running 64bit I'll drop another post.
    edited January 2014
    forewm wrote: »
    My guess is it's a dx 32 bit compatibility issue because so far I've only seen 32bit users have this problem.

Unfortunately it's probably not going to be that simple, as both 32bit and 64bit systems are affected. See the graphical h/w summary drawn from the related topic threads, posted earlier. I plan to update this list soon, with a few new entries on the related thread side and probably merge it with a collation of the individual specs posted here within this parent thread.
  • forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    russellca wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's probably not going to be that simple, as both 32bit and 64bit systems are affected. See the graphical h/w summary drawn from the related topic threads, posted earlier. I plan to update this list soon, with a few new entries on the related thread side and probably merge it with a collation of the individual specs posted here within this parent thread.

Well that one 64bit is using nvidia 9500. They were junk cards when they were new 4 years ago.
    edited January 2014
    As I've mentioned before I'm using the same system (32bit) that an hour before the season 8 patch worked fine for 2 years, 60 minutes later after I patched the graphics problems arose..

THIS IS NOT A USER END PROBLEM, the server it not loading textures on high usage areas map changes. It is either a router problem which they have had in the pass or the server is timing out and missing client requests for textures when loading maps.

The reason they can't replicated the problem could be the proximity to the server or that they could be using a dev client version.

Either way, another patch the problems still here and this problems not even listed in the known issues,........:mad:

edited January 2014
    I corresponded with Brandon via Twitter, he told me they are still investigating. Disappointing, you would think an issue striking such a wide swatch of users would have some more acknowledgment and communication from Cryptic.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wry1 wrote: »
    I corresponded with Brandon via Twitter, he told me they are still investigating. Disappointing, you would think an issue striking such a wide swatch of users would have some more acknowledgment and communication from Cryptic.

Yes, you would think so wouldn't you.

But seeing as they cant replicate it ( which I still find unbelievable in the extreme) they also cannot experience how mind numbingly tedious it is to have to restart the client every 10 to 15 minutes! :mad:

In other words......game breaking, for me at least.
    server_hamster6.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I find it strange that they can't reproduce it as well. Especially since I've had it right in my face for so long now. Just seems weird.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited January 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Aha!

I made a thread about this yesterday. I was told that it was just latency.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=911851

I have screenshots in there of what it looks like. Is this what you guys are seeing?

yes exactly what i have happening
    edited January 2014
    I ended my subscription until they fix this bug . Im not paying for a game i cannot play right , DEVS fix it ...
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whatever's causing it doesn't happen on Tribble. I was over there for a few hours today and it didn't "white out" or get texture corruption like I've been experiencing after 30 minutes or so on Holodeck on exactly the same settings. So it's probably not graphics driver or game setting related.
  • shindaggershindagger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since the last patch, my warp trails have disappeared. Special engine effects from Borg engines and the like still display, but the ordinary warp trails do not. I tried force verifying and resetting my graphics, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? I want to know if it's just me before I try reinstalling the game.
  • majorsmoker420majorsmoker420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As far as graphics issues go, I've experienced this (image fading to white), But for me it gets worse and worse as I play (after about 4 hours this will start to happen) to the point where Ill go into sector space and it will be completely white, with the HUD.

Also, (Im not sure if this is an issue or the way its supposed to look) when I'm in the sphere the atmosphere looks really foggy or smoky, and the buildings at a distance are just black/grey silhouette until i get about 45 km away, then the details start to show up. But based on the pictures that are posted in the dev blog it doesn't look like there is this massive fog effect, is this an issue or intended design.

2011 Mac Mini
    Software - OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
    Processor - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory - 9 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB