test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let authors get rewards from their own missions please.

ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
I like to run my missions with friends and other authors a lot, especially when testing something. Can we please let authors get the dilithium rewards if their mission qualifies?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
Post edited by ashkrik23 on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I concur. MICROWAVE
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I"d like the dilithium reward to be upped. 100 is sometimes not enough. There are some missions, I would gladly give up to 500.

Up the rewards to show 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 ,300+
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    I"d like the dilithium reward to be upped. 100 is sometimes not enough. There are some missions, I would gladly give up to 500.

Up the rewards to show 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 ,300+
    I think it's capped to prevent Dil transfer amongst account. IE, make a very short foundry mission, play it with a 2nd account, give a huge amount of dil, reroll on your 1rst account and take it back.
    Otherwise, it would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Letting authors get rewards for their own missions would open up the system to exploitation. Also, the amount of dilithium reward is based on how long the mission is.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Letting authors get rewards for their own missions would open up the system to exploitation. Also, the amount of dilithium reward is based on how long the mission is.

How can it be exploited when you have to wait an hour to get dilithium from any mission?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm not going to explain it on the forums but I would make exploits easier.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You are gonna have to explain to me in-game because I fail to see how.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Yeah, I can think of several ways that this could be exploited. I like the sentiment behind it, but we don't need a new round exploits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I thought about that but there's already a bunch of other interlocks to prevent exploitation. For example, that the dilithium reward is based on how long the mission is on average.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    I thought about that but there's already a bunch of other interlocks to prevent exploitation. For example, that the dilithium reward is based on how long the mission is on average.

And it's once per hour.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    And it's once per hour.

per toon.

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But, seriously, why not remove the restriction? I mean, what is it even accomplishing? It's a game where you can get another account for free!

If you want to exploit you can just make a new free account, throw down a few thousand dilithium to buy a Foundry slot (basically trivial in terms of time to accomplish). Then make your mission on that free account, and you can easily play it with your real char.

As far as I can tell the restriction of not being rewarded for playing your own missions is pointless for all practical purposes. It hurts people playing on their real accounts, while having little to no effect on those who want to exploit, who can just make another account in order to host the mission.

That being said, at this point, I question whether there's much point even bothering to ask for fixes/changes in this forum, since I see no evidence that it actually does any good.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You don't want your own test play-throughs affecting your average play time. You'd find that it would drag down your average and reduce or even remove rewards for your mission. A play through by an author tens to go much faster as the author knows how to proceed. Besides, having the restriction also encourages you to play missions other than your own.

If you're authoring missions for the dilithium, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You don't want your own test play-throughs affecting your average play time. You'd find that it would drag down your average and reduce or even remove rewards for your mission. A play through by an author tens to go much faster as the author knows how to proceed. Besides, having the restriction also encourages you to play missions other than your own.

If you're authoring missions for the dilithium, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I author my missions because I love to see people's reactions to my stories I share. Tips are nice and all, but I don't get all excited when I see those, I get excited when I see feedback. Reading a new review and talking to people about their experience is what I'm in it for.

Besides, when I run my missions with people, I let them run it at their pace while I just follow along. It would still be nice to get something though considering the time spent running it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    per toon.

/10chars

There are far better ways to get dilithium. If people doing that think they are gaining it faster, they are wrong.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do get rewards for playing my own missions? :confused:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I do get rewards for playing my own missions? :confused:

You don't get rewards from playing your own mission if the same account created it.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You don't get rewards from playing your own mission if the same account created it.

well... I just played three of my own missions... got rewarded for all three... Depths of Nukara Prime, Mirror wars Part 5 and... uhh... the one I made with time travel
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Depends on your definition of rewarded.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    Depends on your definition of rewarded.

Yea, when I say rewarded, I mean with dilithium and standard foundry mission rewards.
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    per toon.

/10chars

So? Any mission can be played repeatedly by multiple characters on an account. How is this any different? Unless there is something else I'm not aware of here.