test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscriptions?

jazzmagjazzmag Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
Been playing free for a while and i'm now considering going gold.

Would my veteran status start from the day my account was created or would it start from the day I subscribe?

Is there a way to find out how old your account is?

Regards
Jazz
Post edited by jazzmag on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your Veteran status would start on the day that you subscribe... Subscription status (including length...) will be shown on your STO account page... https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto
  • valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And a lifetime subscription gives you all veteran perks from day one, regardless of how long you've actually been a subscriber.

(if the veterans perks mean that much to you and you see value in going lifetime)
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, if you are planning on having the subscription for more than 20 months, then the lifetime subscription is better. At $300 for the lifetime, and $15 for monthly, it pays for itself after 20 days.

Plus, you get the vet rewards as soon as you get it.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jazzmag wrote: »
    Been playing free for a while and i'm now considering going gold.

Would my veteran status start from the day my account was created or would it start from the day I subscribe?

Is there a way to find out how old your account is?

Regards
    Jazz
    You should forego going monthly, just get the Lifetime Sub and you get all the perks, even the exclusive perk of being able to play as a Liberated Borg (Human, Klingon, Romulan).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • rushnorrushnor Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    To be honest, if you are planning on having the subscription for more than 20 months, then the lifetime subscription is better. At $300 for the lifetime, and $15 for monthly, it pays for itself after 20 days.

Plus, you get the vet rewards as soon as you get it.

...after 20 months. ;)
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rushnor wrote: »
    ...after 20 months. ;)

Nope... All Vet Rewards are IMMEDIATELY GRANTED with the purchase of a Lifetime Sub...
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you are absolutely determent to play for the next 20 month, get the lifetime package.

if you just want the few perks that a 1 time subscription offers, buy it for a month or two.

if you are not sure how long you'll play STO...maybe just a year or so, get the lifetime sub anyway. the 500 zen monthly stipend accumulate even without you logging in regularely.
    Go pro or go home
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You might want to wait for the Lifetime subscription to go on sale though. You'd save enough to buy a ship or two from the C-Store!

The sale was on recently, so you'll have to wait a few months for it to be on again. Probably around the summer event.

Just a suggestion...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • jazzmagjazzmag Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for all the replies, the reason for the post was about the vet rewards and if I'd get them when I subbed, having been playing for a long time already I didn't fancy having to sub and then wait.
    I Recon the lifetime sub sale might be the way forward.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jazzmag wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, the reason for the post was about the vet rewards and if I'd get them when I subbed, having been playing for a long time already I didn't fancy having to sub and then wait.
    I Recon the lifetime sub sale might be the way forward.
    I would imagine the next sale would be around the time Season 9 rolls around some time soon. Then again, Cryptic usuallly runs the sale twice a year.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.