test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ISE SOLO 5:48 left on optional

dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
http://www.twitch.tv/dirty_haribo/b/492965867

this was the 6th attempt wanted to do it without the death.
Post edited by dirtyharib0 on

Comments

• Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, did you get 11 BNPs?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nope... Which I suppose dispels the myth that they are handed out based on performance.
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope... Which I suppose dispels the myth that they are handed out based on performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How did you avoid getting banned for either being AFK or warping out?
    Do people seriously believe that? There has never been any serious evidence to suggest this was ever anything other than a troll rumor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colonelkiracolonelkira Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BysyVyYzrMA

Fastest published run i found.
    58. / SvK
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited January 2014

Got that one while FAW was working somewhat ok a few weeks back, I feel now with the improved setup I'm using, that it might be possible to knock a min or two off of that. Would love to see more people trying this solo, is a great measurement of what your ship can do. Would also be nice if you could start it solo instead of having to find 4 others to join and bail.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Mainly was try to see if I could do it, when I watch back the run is a bit ropey. So there is room for improvement, maybe I should give it another go?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mainly was try to see if I could do it, when I watch back the run is a bit ropey. So there is room for improvement, maybe I should give it another go?

there is allways room for improvements or a situation where you gain an advantage, but compared to the other video posted, where the guy uses beams at the time where beams (other than phasers) had some overcapping bug or something like that, i doubt that he could be faster now with the same gear after that bug got fixed.
    then again, considering spire tac consoles, there is lots of room for improvement and who knows what comes next.
    Records are meant to be broken after all...only the pyramids held a record for 4000 years.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    there is allways room for improvements or a situation where you gain an advantage, but compared to the other video posted, where the guy uses beams at the time where beams (other than phasers) had some overcapping bug or something like that, i doubt that he could be faster now with the same gear after that bug got fixed.
    then again, considering spire tac consoles, there is lots of room for improvement and who knows what comes next.
    Records are meant to be broken after all...only the pyramids held a record for 4000 years.

I think it is possible to do it with 9 or 10min left on the optional with beams. The setup I was using when I got the 8:06 left was actually pretty inefficient compared to my latest setup on the Scimi. As for the overcapping, while FAW was up at that time it was draining very little power, even now though, with all of the other abilities, it still drains very little power.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perfect example of broken game mechanics !

If evidence was ever needed by cryptic of the power creep then here it is !

Well done by the way ! :D
  • Options
    cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what kind of build/fitting is even needed to attempt this?? :)
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, maybe as a personal challenge I might try and solo it myself some time.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How did you avoid getting banned for either being AFK or warping out?

There is no leaver penalty for private matches.
    l30p4rd wrote: »

I'm still waiting for some one to solo wave 10 in nws.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for some one to solo wave 10 in nws.
    There's only one who's ever been able to do this. He also made a christmas greeting vid here for us to enjoy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »

lol did you watch the video, no overcapping beam fire at will shinnagins here my friend. now as far as broken game mechanics go they are like the laws of Physics and it is in people's nature to push the boundaries. The difference here is anybody can have a build that takes advantage of these things but only a select few can own a hadron collider.

How Does every thread seem to Segway into beams being broken/op?
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

http://www.twitch.tv/dirty_haribo/b/492965867

this was the 6th attempt wanted to do it without the death.
    My only answer is...

:: Link ::

Your Reward Ceremony
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol did you watch the video, no overcapping beam fire at will shinnagins here my friend. now as far as broken game mechanics go they are like the laws of Physics and it is in people's nature to push the boundaries. The difference here is anybody can have a build that takes advantage of these things but only a select few can own a hadron collider.

How Does every thread seem to Segway into beams being broken/op?

Did I mention BEAMS once in my post ?
    Dunno what's wrong with you I didn't mention any specifics I mean just everything about the game mechanics is broken !
    If it wasn't for the power creep you wouldn't have been able to do that 6 months ago.
    Ergo broken game mechanics, not a single beam mentioned because EVERYTHING IS BROKEN !!
    You can massage your epeen because of this reason :D
  • Options
    cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can a science vessel do this within 15 minutes too?