test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Activate Bridge Officers?

transhuman74transhuman74 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Academy
I have an open slot for a science officer on my bridge, and whenever I try to activate the officer candidate I have, it just asks about training my other officers because "there's no room for more bridge officers" or something to that effect.

What's happening here? Do I need to do something else first?
Post edited by transhuman74 on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you are free to play then you can only have 4-6 bridge officers (depending on lvl) without paying for extra slots. If you don't have the right officers for your current ship, you need to either buy more slots or ditch an officer to make room. (or just have the bridge station empty, but that's just a waste)
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They'res a difference between having an open slot on your SHIP setup, vs your allowance of bridge officers. You should see (when you open up your character tab),
    "Your Character Name"
    "Your Ship Name"
    "Your Ship Name (if you have a shuttle)"
    "boff1"
    "boff2"
    .etc
    If you see
    "Open slot"
    at the bottom, then you can add a boff to your assortment. If not, you'll either have to ditch an existing boff, or buy more boff slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • transhuman74transhuman74 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's interesting, because I've already played through to level 50 as a romulan without spending any money, and it let me activate them as I needed, is that supposed to be only be how it is for Federation players?
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, it's an issue of how many BOFFs you currently have. For Silver players, you can have six on your active roster (left-hand side of the window), not counting the not-yet-commissioned candidates on the right hand of the window.
  • morrigan2007morrigan2007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am having the same problem. I am a human federation captain. I have 4 bridge officers total right now: 2 tactical, one science and one engineer.

My ship has four stations: 1 tactical, 1 science, 1 lieutenant engineer and 1 ensign engineer.

So I have one engineering station available as my current engineer can fit in either slot.

I have a Star fleet Klingon engineer waiting to be commissioned, but I am getting a "there is no room" message despite the empty engineer slot and the fact I only have 4 bridge officers total.

Any idea what the problem is? Is it because she is klingon and I am trying to put her on a fed ship? She was a reward for completing a fed mission.

Also, if I can squeeze in another question 'cause this system wont let me make a new thread:

If you get the monthly subscription, you get 2 extra bridge slots, extra inventory space and some other goodies. Do you get to keep these if you let the subscription run out, or are they removed when you llet the sub lapse?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am having the same problem. I am a human federation captain. I have 4 bridge officers total right now: 2 tactical, one science and one engineer.

My ship has four stations: 1 tactical, 1 science, 1 lieutenant engineer and 1 ensign engineer.
    You have an extra tactical, which is probably why you have no room. Get rid of it, it was probably some lousy green anyway.
    Any idea what the problem is? Is it because she is klingon and I am trying to put her on a fed ship? She was a reward for completing a fed mission.
    It is probably because you are not level 50 yet, and therefore do not have the full complement of 6 slots. You thus have only 4 slots, one of which is hogged by a surplus tac.
    If you get the monthly subscription, you get 2 extra bridge slots, extra inventory space and some other goodies. Do you get to keep these if you let the subscription run out, or are they removed when you llet the sub lapse?
    All of these goodies EXCEPT the EC cap will be kept upon cancellation. There may also be some wigginess involving the extra character slot you get, but since the LoR changes, I can't confirm that. That slot may be lost like it was in the old days if it is not occupado when your subscription expires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A lot of confusion exists for newer players regarding slots for Bridge Officers.

When you are in the stations tab where you slot your bridge officers there are three columns.

The first one on the left is your Bridge Officer (BOFF) slots. This is where your bridge offers have to be in order to put them on your ship stations slots. (Column 2) There are limited number of slots available here and unless you see a slot that has the Open Slot/No Officer message. You will not be able to add a new BOFF to your ship.

The second Column (middle) is the Ship Stations themselves This is broken up into 3 rows, First row is your Starship itself, Second is the Shuttle (If you have one depending on your Level,) Third one is your Landing party. It is possible to have more slots open in Column 2 "the ship stations" Than you currently have Boffs active in Column 1

Third Column (right) is your BOFF Candidates. These guys are waiting for you to get an open Slot in Column 1

Only officer is Column 1 (active BOFFS) can be placed in the second column (ship Stations)

I hope this break down helps.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • morrigan2007morrigan2007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks a lot for your response. It makes sense now.
  • txdevildogtxdevildog Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have tried and tried to "assimilate" this info and just don't get it. I've bought extra duty officer packs but I assume this is not the place to buy extra bridge officers? I am Adm level and still feel lost. I have seen ships in the 9-10k for shields, mid-50s for shields, massive weapon power and no clue how to unlock those combos...but that's not this thread.

I still have the standard amount of bridge officers on the left side for Adm rank, and still no clue how to add more other than discharge folks I have and redo. How to buy BRIDGE OFFICERS from the c-store illudes me, even though I've bought duty officer slots (that I'm still unsure how to use). I've seen folks with officers in the left column in the tens, and it's frustrating not to know how to make that happen.

I love this game but the intricacies are killing me. Help and old TRIBBLE out please...hey, anyone in the San Antonio area looking to tutor someone? :(
    TXdevildog
    Good hunting