test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To my fleet members in I.Q.

brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
My pc died, and it will be a while before it is fixed, and likely a month or so after that before I can sort out a way to get internet in my new apt.

I have no way to get in contact with you guys. please don't boot me.

I'll get back as soon as I can.

I don't know where else to post this. As it's the most likely place they'll be browsing.

Thanks

Brewtolomus.
Post edited by brewtolomus on

Comments

• brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited January 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks for the heads up. All of us on a forums are really hoping you'll pull through this, and I'm sure I.Q. will be lenient in your case, but if, for some reason, they aren't, and you do get booted, Starfleet Dental Academy will gladly accept you with open arms. The benevolent Dear Leader indeed shows mercy to all outcasts, regardless of their PCs.

I hate to bring personal stuff into the forums, but I cannot think of any other way to contact them. Maybe a kind soul will contact one of them in game and inform them of my predicament. It would be much appreciated.
    I will keep that in mind if I do get the boost. :D
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does this fleet have a thread in the recruitment section? If so you may have more chance of it getting seen by a fleet member if you posted in that thread instead.
    edited January 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Does this fleet have a thread in the recruitment section? If so you may have more chance of it getting seen by a fleet member if you posted in that thread instead.

Oh dang, great idea! Thanks!

*edit*
    I just scoured the Fed recruitment threads. Went to pg. 10. No luck.
    Some of those were before my comp died.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you have the handle of one of the officer/fleet leader ? So we can send them an ingame mail ?
    Or, you can do that (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159864) and contact them yourself, but you'll need an XMPP client (pigdin, trillian...) :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Do you have the handle of one of the officer/fleet leader ? So we can send them an ingame mail ?
    Or, you can do that (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159864) and contact them yourself, but you'll need an XMPP client (pigdin, trillian...) :)

I will have to wrack my brain and try to remember one of their handles. It's been a couple of weeks, and my memory ain't that great on a good day, and this flu ain't helpin none.
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

I just remembered one of the fleet members @ handles. But then it struck me. I may indeed be in need of a new fleet if I post it in general chat, lol.
    I'm not sure what the protocol is on something like that.
    So I'm going to err on the side of caution, and try other means of contacting them.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just remembered one of the fleet members @ handles. But then it struck me. I may indeed be in need of a new fleet if I post it in general chat, lol.
    So I'm going to err on the side of caution, and try other means of contacting them.
    Oh wait, is this "your" fleet, as in you're the leader (or one of)? Yeah, that adds a level of 'oh TRIBBLE-ness' to the whole affair.

Might be a good idea to try logging on from work/school/friends/sisters/public library/etc. No huge hurry, just log on when it warms up and your flu is gone.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014

gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    best idea is probably to install pidgin on some computer you can use and chat with the fleet.

or you could get a trusted friend to log in for you and set a status and mail another leader.

also, does your fleet have a website/forum?
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
    edited January 2014
    Oh wait, is this "your" fleet, as in you're the leader (or one of)? Yeah, that adds a level of 'oh TRIBBLE-ness' to the whole affair.

Might be a good idea to try logging on from work/school/friends/sisters/public library/etc. No huge hurry, just log on when it warms up and your flu is gone.

No, it's not "my" fleet, otherwise I wouldn't be pestering you fine folks with this mess.
    I can't install the game at work, for obvious reasons, and don't think any of my friends have pc's big enough to install the game.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh dang, great idea! Thanks!

*edit*
    I just scoured the Fed recruitment threads. Went to pg. 10. No luck.
    Some of those were before my comp died.

So you couldn't find a thread in Fed Recruitment ..... So why not as you have access to the forum start a thread.