Install Arc

Launcher won't Engage

2»

Comments

• marshokmarshok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For others who have this problem:

infinite5oul
    This man has proposed another workable solution, one that worked for me.
    Actually, it is so simple I'm shocked no admin or other members of staff mentioned this.

Go to the STO folder (located in The Perfect World folder) and right click Star Trek Online.exe
    Go to compatability and tick the 'run as administrator' box. This will allow you to use the login button and allow you to patch the game as well (it is a large patch).

All credit will go to infinite5oul for fixing this. And all shame should go to the developer and forum admins for not sharing this information.
  • slayerxtr1slayerxtr1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got it to work after I did the run as admin that was mentioned above. I guess that is going to be the only way to run STO.

Cheers!
  • karamelo1991karamelo1991 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    its work for me and this is first time i login in game and now is patching 8gb :)
  • mrforbiddenmrforbidden Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi can someone help me because when i was in game i changed a setting to improve performance and i was
    something to do with the graphics card and now my game know longer loads be cause it goes through the loading sign with cryptic on it then it changes and shows an image of legacy of Romulus and then it goes black and you hear the music of the start menu where your characters are and about 30 seconds later it closes and says some thing about a fatal error, i don't know what to do.
  • murari16108murari16108 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why the launcher dont work . its this arc system never had issues before
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi can someone help me because when i was in game i changed a setting to improve performance and i was
    something to do with the graphics card and now my game know longer loads be cause it goes through the loading sign with cryptic on it then it changes and shows an image of legacy of Romulus and then it goes black and you hear the music of the start menu where your characters are and about 30 seconds later it closes and says some thing about a fatal error, i don't know what to do.

Try using the 'Safe Mode' in the launcher options. This should allow you to get into the game with 'minimal' graphics settings, and from there, you can reset them to what you like...
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Try downloading the latest "Star Trek Online.exe" from the official sticky http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

use that to replace the existing one.
  • forumannoyanceforumannoyance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The trouble I am having is... I enter my user name/email, then my password, and click the login button and... nothing happens. What's going on? I want to play...
  • sidderz19sidderz19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This solution worked for me too! Thanks for posting. :)
  • lumeos1lumeos1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Worked for me too, thanks for posting. BTW neverwinter has to be run as administrator from folder in the same way to get past the useless 'login' button.
  • trekjunkytrekjunky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alas,

i still cannot play because the above solution does not work for me... :(
  • marshokmarshok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That sucks mate. MAYBE AN ADMIN SHOULD TAKE A LOOK.....forum support people. come on!
  • zerrez0441zerrez0441 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Login in button still not working :( Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • gentlemanpirate2gentlemanpirate2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had this problem, got round it by going to the Options menu in the launcher and selecting fast launch, after putting in the username/password. I then closed the launcher and reopened it, at which point it automatically logged in, patched and engaged.
  • melkor2301melkor2301 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zerrez0441 wrote: »
    Login in button still not working :( Hope it gets fixed soon.
    For me it worked, when I started the Launcher file directly, not from Arc.:eek:
  • baroncheckbaroncheck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marshok wrote: »
    For others who have this problem:

infinite5oul
    This man has proposed another workable solution, one that worked for me.
    Actually, it is so simple I'm shocked no admin or other members of staff mentioned this.

Go to the STO folder (located in The Perfect World folder) and right click Star Trek Online.exe
    Go to compatability and tick the 'run as administrator' box. This will allow you to use the login button and allow you to patch the game as well (it is a large patch).

All credit will go to infinite5oul for fixing this. And all shame should go to the developer and forum admins for not sharing this information.

It worked!!! After 2 profiles, 3 emails, 3 patches, and a bunch of anger I got it to work!!!:eek:
  • paradatparadat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just installed today and the launcher button does nothing when I login
  • reddwarf4000reddwarf4000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As one of the posters above stated I had to find the star trek online_en.exe and run it as administrator to get it to work for me. I did not use the Arc login.

I would try that as it did work for me.
  • vicisssvicisss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And here I was thinking of getting one of the starter packs and/or a subscription.

Run as Admin fixed the problem for me but any desire to put money into this game without first putting some time into it has gone out the window. Mostly because this problem has been around for a month now and no mod has addressed the issue in this post.

*EDIT* And I now see that ARC didn't actually patch the game for me when I left it on overnight. Why did I have to download ARC to play this game then? So it could download that first 50mb file? Too bad we can't do that with something like, you know, our browsers.

Haven't launched the game yet and already getting a horrible impression.
  • sigelasigela Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did all the things the support messages told me to do, including sending a message to support that only received a reply that they were too busy to reply.

I finally find this thread on my SIXTH search through the forums for something workable and I at least have gotten the "run as administrator" workaround to start the game patching. Thank you to the people who posted that workaround.

Bottom line, I'm getting a horrible first impression of this game. Getting people through the door is the first critical step in creating a customer. Failing at that and, if what I've seen in all those threads I did read is correct, allowing these problems in simply starting the game the first time to persist for so long shows a glaring problem.

I'm eager to try this game because I grew up on Star Trek and I have friends playing here. I'm willing to move forward. I hope that the company wakes up and smells the coffee here on solving an important problem. They need to move the entire game forward.

Respectfully submitted.
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have you tried verifying all files from the launcher options? Don't use the steam verify, it will wipe all your patches.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for some reason the game refuses to log me in when I have arc up, so I went to the game folder and launched it directly from there...after of course changing my password.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melkor2301 wrote: »
    For me it worked, when I started the Launcher file directly, not from Arc.:eek:

this is exactly what I did and what I have directed two buddies of mine who encountered the same issue to do. game works on its own, game does NOT work with arc on.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • nithrannithran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can anyone tell me how long is to wait before you can actually write password again cos it seems i tryed to many times and i have to wait now