test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling all Sci's! Fleet Intrepid Assistance

abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Federation Discussion
First off, I want to thank you for reading this thread.... the past 3yrs I've been running a tac and quite frankly I'm about tac'd out. Compliments of those with some amazing advice here on the forums.

So now, I've rolled a new sci to VA and I have the fleet intrepid. I'm looking for a possible build with skill information, overall looking for damage and capable of holding my own.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks :D
Post edited by abfabfleet on

Comments

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Haven't used it yet, so really no idea. My first sci is in a Fleet Excelsior, my second is KDF (in a MU Vo'Quv), and my 3rd (Fedsci), is still not quite L50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PvE, PvP, both? I have a PvBoth Fleet Research Science Vessel Retrofit (Hospital Ship), it's a little more usable because it has 3 eng slots.

Your biggest problem will be only 2 engineering slots. In my opinion to be a heal boat you need a good set of engineering slots for eng heals to compliment your sci heals.

Also, most of the sci commander skills are lackluster. With so many sci slots you might consider doubling up on powers; but doubling up on sci healer skills is painful because they are 2/3 (45s, global CD 30s) skills and you don't gain as much as doubling up on 1/2 (eg: 60s, global CD 30s) skills.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want to do damage using weapons, you can go with 2 copies of Energy Siphon, Plasmonic Leech, maintain high Aux power, stack Flow Capacitor consoles and just go to town with your weaponry - you'll have max power in all 4 subsystems easily.

Or, for exotic damage, stack particle generators and fit a combination of Gravity Well (high Aux required) and Tractor Beam Repulsors with the new Voth separatist doff that switches them to pull instead of push. It's a Tractor Beam Officer IIRC.
  • bmdefiant2069bmdefiant2069 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having been a Sci toon primarily since joining, I have tried all the sci ships and found the Vesta to be the best mix of offensive power and sci potential.

Currently flying the Tac version of the Vesta science ship which gives Cdr Science, Lt Cdr Universal, Lt Tactical, Lt Engineering and an Ensign Universal, which means you can "Tac" up with a Lt Cdr Tactical to complement your sci powers.

With my Cdr Sci I use Sci Team I, Tractor Beam Repulsors I, Tykens Rift II and Gravity Well III..I use a Tac in the Lt Cdr universal BOFF slot to give Tac Team I, Beam Overload II and Torpedo Spread III..

For the remainder I am just experimenting with different setups (ie you could use get 3x copies of the Aux Phaser Dual cannons and use Attack Pattern TRIBBLE plus Cannon:Rapid Fire.

Add the Dyson Gravimetric Torpedo to the rear (along with a Gravimetric Scientist) then you have the ability to create Gravity Wells to the front and back of your ship.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had a sci build saved on STO academy, but for some reason I can't seem to log in to the skill planner. It was an energy siphon build, with a Tyken's Rift 3 as the commander power.
    Having been a Sci toon primarily since joining, I have tried all the sci ships and found the Vesta to be the best mix of offensive power and sci potential.
    Dude bought a Fleet Intrepid, and you mention a Vesta. wtflol
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    I had a sci build saved on STO academy, but for some reason I can't seem to log in to the skill planner. It was an energy siphon build, with a Tyken's Rift 3 as the commander power.

Dude bought a Fleet Intrepid, and you mention a Vesta. wtflol

Anyone have the skill tree setup and what doffs are needed for the energy siphon build for this ship? It would be greatly appreciated. ;)
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    Anyone have the skill tree setup and what doffs are needed for the energy siphon build for this ship? It would be greatly appreciated. ;)
    Well, with my character's skill tree set up I tend to spread my skill points around quite a bit. Up to 6 in most skills. I only max 6-7 skills: starship manoeuvres, targeting systems, hull repair, structural integrity, shield emitters and shield systems. For this character, I also maxed flow capacitors.

For boff abilities, you want two copies of energy siphon and you might as well make them the lieutenant commander versions. Tyken's Rift 3 is the Commander ability, since you're already invested into flow caps there's a bit of synergy there.

For doffs, Juel Ducane and Mariah Kilara Marr are the two main ones. Note that Mariah can only be got AFAIK if you completed the last Crystaline Cataclysm Event. You can get Juel Ducane off the exchange or temporal lock box. The rest depends on what other abilities you have with the rest of your boffs. I've got a purple tractor beam officer for shield draining and use TB1 on the Fleet Intrepid's ensign slot. I also like to use Photonic Officer so I have a single photonic studies scientist.

I generally run with 75/25/25/75 power configuration. I pop an aux battery at the start of combat, which gives my energy siphon more time and also boosts my tyken's rift. But once you've got energy siphon rolling you're pretty much set for power. Not hard to get all subsystems up to 75+ so an AMP warp core would be a good investment.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pve? Pvp?

Heavy dps?

Sci shenangins?

Beams?

Torpedos?

Could you provide your build from stoacademy.com. Would help to know how you like your ship.

Too many aspects, I could give you a build and you could say "no thanks I don't like torpedos" thusly wasting my time trying to help.

Cheers,
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Pve? Pvp?

Heavy dps?

Sci shenangins?

Beams?

Torpedos?

Could you provide your build from stoacademy.com. Would help to know how you like your ship.

Too many aspects, I could give you a build and you could say "no thanks I don't like torpedos" thusly wasting my time trying to help.

Cheers,

Weel i bolded the parts i usually go for, Beams and Sci Shenanigans. I do have a Vesta, and an Intrepid, and a Recluse, and an Atrox.

For an Intrepid i will give you what i would run, and a variant of that. Bear in mind i rather enjoy shennanigans.

Firstly, a straight up, Beam/Shennanigan build

This is the very very basic.
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=intrepidbasic1_0

Most of the variations i would provide are along the same lines. Differntiating mostly along the lines of weapons.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Weel i bolded the parts i usually go for, Beams and Sci Shenanigans. I do have a Vesta, and an Intrepid, and a Recluse, and an Atrox.

For an Intrepid i will give you what i would run, and a variant of that. Bear in mind i rather enjoy shennanigans.

Firstly, a straight up, Beam/Shennanigan build

This is the very very basic.
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=intrepidbasic1_0

Most of the variations i would provide are along the same lines. Differntiating mostly along the lines of weapons.

Hmm yeah shenanigans, not entirely my playstyle, a pve or pvp build probably would be best with a decent amount of damage. I have spec'd skills as of yet.
    edited January 2014
    Here is my current build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=cb1_5766

Yes, yes I know, not the most perfect build in the world, but any help would be appreciated. The skill tree is also loaded. Many thanks for your input on this.:D
    edited January 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=gravwellofdoom_0
    Gravimetric grav well doff, 2 damage control doffs, tractor beam pull instead of push doff and a borg warefare doff.

That should make for some fun times...bloody hard to really make it a dps hound...

edited January 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    I would like to recommend you try to squeeze in an Energy Siphon in there which will boost your subsystems power levels so you could go Max weapon power AND max Aux power.

I had one in there initially as part of a polaron drain build...but I had a feeling the op didn't want to go that route for some reason. So It became a "GET OVER HERE" build.

If the op wants a drain build I could make it happen