test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best sheilds for Scimitar?

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
Hello, I've been trying to decide what shields to use for my Scimitar. The build is here -http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=romulanfederationscimitar_4995
The shields I've been looking at are MACO, Elite Fleet Resilient with ResB, and Borg. From what I can tell, MACO and Fleet are looking the best, but with Borg I get the full set ability. I appreciate any input. Thanks!
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    at first I was going to say the Borg shields, but since you dont have the Singularity Distributor console from the Tulwar its a bit of a waste. If you do a lot of STFs then go with MACO, they wont let you down. If you just rarely do STFs then go with the Fleet Shields.
    I'd say going for the full Borg set makes the most sense (if you do not own the other items of the MACO set), if you have the (full) MACO set you could use it, which would put me into some kind of controversity because (in my opinion), the Items of the MACO set are better than those of the Borg set if there wasn't the Borg 3-set, that's defenitely really good.

Concusion:

IMO, if you own the full Maco set, TRIBBLE the Set and go Maco deflector and Engine and Fleet shield - My opinion...
    If not, go full borg
    And if you dont STF much, go Fleet shield

BTW, would be nice to know your boff layout...
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fleet elite resiliant shields are superior to all your other options...the set boni, while really good, don't really make up for the superior resistance ratings.

if i had to choose for you (i actually run with elite fleet resiliant shields resB/elite fleet engines/maco deflector): i'd go with the borg shield (for full set) in borg stfs...for all the rest i'd use elite fleet resiliant shields resB.
    maco set isn't bad either, but since they don't work with plasmonic leech, they have fallem from grace.

so if you don't have plasmonic leech console, maco shield is a very good option for overal combat situations other than borg stfs, even compared to elite fleet shields.
    Go pro or go home
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The best shields for the scimitar is the universal console from the valdore.
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess I'll end up with Borg and Elite Resilient. Do you guys think Borg just for Task Force Omega STFs or for STFs in general? The reason I want elite is because I'm gonna be getting in to PvP with this build I'm working on. Rob, if you look at my console layout, that's there.
  • nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use the elite fleet shield with the adapted maco deflector & engine. The engine gives extra weapon, shield and aux power and the 2 piece set gives an extra 8.8 aux power. The 25% extra torp damage and crew recovery are nice as well.
    If I used torps, MACO would be the best choice. As it happens, I don't, therefor I like the Borg subtwarp and assim deflector.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use the elite fleet shield with the adapted maco deflector & engine. The engine gives extra weapon, shield and aux power and the 2 piece set gives an extra 8.8 aux power. The 25% extra torp damage and crew recovery are nice as well.
    Given that it's an "efficiency" bonus, the engine probably won't give extra weapon power except if you do something like pour all your power into Aux in preparation for firing the Thalaron Pulse.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do what everyone else does and go with the massively OP Elite Fleet [ResB] [Adapt] shield along with the borg deflector and engines for massively OP hull regeneration. Everything else is just a waste of time and dilithium...especially for pvp.

This also includes torpedo boats. The 2-piece KHG 25% torpedo damage bonus is really just a 25% bonus...of a Mark ZERO torpedo. You would be giving up an insane level of hull regeneration...for a whopping 7% actual torpedo damage bonus. lol
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic